Maybe two more... (1 Viewer)

mark82

Gives Bapaga a chance to get more game time.

I was really excited about what Jones could do this season. He'd looked excellent in pre-season. Still has genuine quality. Such a shame. My only concern was that Bapaga may not get a look-in, as he looks a real prospect. I think he's somewhat in the Jones mould, so hopefully he can step up and take the opportunity as an impact sub.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I was really excited about what Jones could do this season. He'd looked excellent in pre-season. Still has genuine quality. Such a shame. My only concern was that Bapaga may not get a look-in, as he looks a real prospect. I think he's somewhat in the Jones mould, so hopefully he can step up and take the opportunity as an impact sub.
I reckon Bapaga will be one of our secret weapons since he is rapid and has looked really good in pre season also he will get his chances since that is how we do our business we give our youth a chance

Skyblueweeman

Just watching soccer aid , if we’re talking about getting a lwb then get Patrice Evra out of retirement 😂

For Soccer Aid, he was training with a team managed by an ex client of mine, lovely bloke. He put a couple of pics of him and Evra on social media saying that had 'signed' him on a short term deal. It was totally tongue in cheek but said he was training with them just to up his preparation for the match. Lovely bloke by all accounts.

djr8369

Agree. I’m a massive Baka fan, but even I wouldn’t call him a pacey striker, but I can see Giles’ pace in games all the time. Just wondering why that is. We rarely seem to try and play Baka in behind.
I’ve always wondered this. It might be partly how he is playing but also the team. Doesn’t seem to utilise his pace at all and focuses on him being a target man which I don’t think he is that good at, although might be better now he looks stronger.

SlowerThanPlatt

It is also down to personality - some players just can’t assert themselves on the pitch. I think Robins said as much about Bakayoko

lifeskyblue

Players say Baka is as rapid as Giles. That training video would suggest that’s about right. Why don’t we see that pace in game?

We do see baka’s pace in games...he is one of the fastest when it comes to closing down the keeper. Has often put the keeper under pressure from seemingly impossible positions. We rarely play the ball over the top (just not our style) and he hasn’t really got the skill or confidence to take a player on or play a give and go.
We have seen in pre season a seemingly more committed player and hopefully this will translate into the competitive games. Last season we saw 10 minute spells where he was unplayable. Now we need that level for extended periods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We do see baka’s pace in games...he is one of the fastest when it comes to closing down the keeper. Has often put the keeper under pressure from seemingly impossible positions. We rarely play the ball over the top (just not our style) and he hasn’t really got the skill or confidence to take a player on or play a give and go.
We have seen in pre season a seemingly more committed player and hopefully this will translate into the competitive games. Last season we saw 10 minute spells where he was unplayable. Now we need that level for extended periods.

But if he used that pace to make runs in behind rather than just close down it would give the opposition another thing to worry about, maybe making them drop a yard or two deeper and thus give us more space to pass it around.

shmmeee

It says to me we need to trim the squad a bit as well as additional, shame Kasta didn't go last week, balata should be out on loan and Jobello is still recovering and is an outright winger. I can see why you'd want someone else in there but I'd be trying to get players on their way too.

Yeah Kasta needs to go. The hopeless romantic in me always wants to see a player break through from the academy and Bapaga looks most likely this season. But he could go out on loan if we got someone in.

What are the squad rules this year? 25 but are there any exemptions for homegrown players or anything?

So two for every position and three more, probably an extra AM and an extra ST and one other. That’s five AMs: O’Hare, Allen, Shipley, Hilßner, Bapaga/Loanee

Sorry that’s what I meant. When he’s using it to close down players it doesn’t register in the same way as Giles running into space. I think a front two of Walker and Baka has a lot of pace and might be worth looking at threading balls through or over the top.

Would work well with our playing from the back to stretch teams, can’t sit off and can’t push up, should leave Sheaf/Kelly and Hamer lots of room to pull the strings.

Deity

Yeah Kasta needs to go. The hopeless romantic in me always wants to see a player break through from the academy and Bapaga looks most likely this season. But he could go out on loan if we got someone in.

What are the squad rules this year? 25 but are there any exemptions for homegrown players or anything?

So two for every position and three more, probably an extra AM and an extra ST and one other. That’s five AMs: O’Hare, Allen, Shipley, Hilßner, Bapaga/Loanee

Sorry that’s what I meant. When he’s using it to close down players it doesn’t register in the same way as Giles running into space. I think a front two of Walker and Baka has a lot of pace and might be worth looking at threading balls through or over the top.

Would work well with our playing from the back to stretch teams, can’t sit off and can’t push up, should leave Sheaf/Kelly and Hamer lots of room to pull the strings.
[/QUOTE

rumours of City being in for Randell Williams of Exeter City

lifeskyblue

Would work well with our playing from the back to stretch teams, can’t sit off and can’t push up, should leave Sheaf/Kelly and Hamer lots of room to pull the strings.[/QUOTE]

I agree it would stretch defences if we mixed it up more. Perhaps having Walker we will look at that...I certainly think Sheaf would be able to exploit that

TomRad85

But left footed by the looks of it. Wonder if he could be moved across.
He's an excellent player at his level, one that you could pick out as maybe being able to step up. Rumour doesn't look credible mind.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread