Meet CCFC Supremo Chris Anderson On Monday Night (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

yeah that makes sense. soon as your argument shot down just pretend you are right anyway.

skybluetony176

How do clubs in LEague 1 get money from the Premier League? Or does he mean things like Parachute Payments?

Doesn't some of the money from the rights to TV coverage of the premier league filter down the leagues? It doesn't all stay with the premier league although the premier league takes the lions share?

Nick

Administrator
Doesn't some of the money from the rights to TV coverage of the premier league filter down the leagues? It doesn't all stay with the premier league although the premier league takes the lions share?

Oh, I thought it would have been seperate pots for each league.

Nick

Administrator
why? hate the truth? that was my original point after all before you jumped in escalate matters

wipe the egg of your face and move on and i will too

No, I am just getting fed up of cringing at the stuff you keep posting that pretty much everybody but you can see right through.

dongonzalos

I thought that as well. I thought this outrageous deal the premier league negotiated includes a trickle down to all teams in the championship

dongonzalos

If I remember he said it was a lot more obviously nowhere near the amount that the clubs coming down from the premier get

I think about 90 or 95% of the money stays with the clubs in and relegated from the Prem, the rest is split between everyone else. However the deal is that big thats still a lot of money.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Next year even the club who finishes bottom will get £99M. How can we ever hope to compete with that?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

Next year even the club who finishes bottom will get £99M. How can we ever hope to compete with that?

The likes of Southampton
Swansea Leicester Norwich Bournmouth
We're right to go for it when they did
Once you are in now you really have made it.
Even Villa know they can afford to get relegated clear the squad out and start again.

Grendel

By selling our better players cheap and often, thought you had realised that?

You clearly have insider knowledge on this deal and have every detail on it as you perceive it to be cheap.

Can you share it with everyone else?

Skyblueweeman

Mowbray was saying as recently as 21st January that as far as he was aware we had no need to sell.

This leaves two options:

1) Our budgeting was so poor that despite increasing crowds roughly 40%, we were short of cash.
2) Mowbray was lied to.

Neither of which fill me with confidence in our leadership team.

Or maybe there was bid from Norwich (potentially influenced by Murphy) and the player wanted to go?

Just a thought like...

SkyBlueCharlie

One of the points that CA made on parachute payments are that they are not necessarily as wonderful as they sound. Relegated clubs often have major costs related to their relegation beyond their normal running costs. The cost of wages of players they cannot get rid of, contract payoffs for players that leave. How often do relegated clubs get immediate promotion back to back to the Prem and how many find themselves in dire straits even with the payments, Fulham, Wolves and us leap to mind? His point about the budget when we get promoted was that it would probably be mid-table in the budgets league.
As for the self-sustaining bit where has that come from? I remember Fisher saying that we were cash flow neutral but he didn't appear to have any idea that that meant...it certainly does not mean self-sustaining.
The other thing that CA said that I'm a little surprised that no-one has mentioned, is that the 'owners' had put further funds into the club in the last year. (Not sure whether that meant last season, last financial year or calendar year). If that's true then it should show up in the accounts sometime in the future.)
As many others have said, including me, it was a positive session but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Last edited:

Irish Sky Blue

One of the points that CA made on parachute payments are that they are not necessarily as wonderful as they sound. Relegated clubs often have major costs related to their relegation beyond their normal running costs. The cost of wages of players they cannot get rid of, contract payoffs for players that leave. How often do relegated clubs get immediate promotion back to back to the Prem and how many find themselves in dire straits even with the payments, Fulham, Wolves and us leap to mind? His point about the budget when we get promoted was that it would probably be mid-table in the budgets league.
As for the self-sustaining bit where has that come from? I remember Fisher saying that we were cash flow neutral but he didn't appear to have any idea that that meant...it certainly does not mean self-sustaining.
The other thing that CA said that I'm a little surprised that no-one has mentioned, is that the 'owners' had put further funds into the club in the last year. (Not sure whether that meant last season, last financial year or calendar year). If that's true then it should show up in the accounts sometime in the future.)
As many others have said, including me, it was a positive session but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

I think that bit was meant to be kept secret.

The Gentleman

Yes it was, but it's a new man in charge now. Like he's said, what's done is done. This is the now. The club is trying to rebuild its reputation, it's only talked down by so-called fans rather than the population at large.

Great, does that mean that you (and the clapping seals who liked your post) won't be going back over stuff that the council and telegraph have done? oh and in the interest of parity, Sisu too

Users who are viewing this thread