Match Thread Middlesbrough vs Coventry City Play off Semi final 2nd leg Match Thread - Wednesday 17th May (3 Viewers)

Kris_Boro

This is a nice message thank you. I don’t think if the shoe was on the other foot I would’ve been able to send a message like this after the amount of cynical fouls and time wasting we committed last night but that’s all part of the modern game and it worked.

I could only watch it on TV and it certainly appeared that the Boro fans were in good voice. Decent club, hope you’re challenging again next year.
It's all part of the game - I am sure we would have done the same. End of the day we had 180 minutes to win the game and didn't score a single goal.

As it goes that was the first game at the Riverside under Carrick that we have failed to score. The one that mattered.

Was a great atmosphere last night all round.

baldy

This is comedy - forward to the goal & the blonde kid who pulls weird faces totally pissed off during the livestream because he’d just heard the goal being scored from another room - whatta prick 🤣

kg82

Just watched a Boro fan on youtube - he was sitting in front of the director's box and filmed Doug King singing "There's only one Mark Robins" at the end.

Also got the Cov bench erupting at full time - brilliant!

You know what, I’ve hardly seen any salty Boro fans (I’m sure if I looked around I’d find them) on social media. Most have been humble and congratulated us. Fair play to them.

Otis

Seeing the Boro forum everyone crying about our awful football. No we play good football but adapt to what is required, you didn’t, cheerio
That's fair. We do play some lovely football at times. If we had tried that though last night we would have been outplayed.

Last night had to be built on a solid defensive performance.

Frostie

It's all part of the game - I am sure we would have done the same. End of the day we had 180 minutes to win the game and didn't score a single goal.

As it goes that was the first game at the Riverside under Carrick that we have failed to score. The one that mattered.

Was a great atmosphere last night all round.

Fair play & agree, we totally nullified your goal threat. For all the stick Boro fans gave us for a lack of shots on target in the first leg, your only shot on target last night was Lenihan's tame header straight at Wilson at the end of the first half.

Johhny Blue

For f**k sake not Wembley again, oh go on then.

phoenix mocking jay GIF
It’s starting to feel like our fourth home

Happy_Martian

Even the EFL have got in on the act of Behind the Scenes...

Robinshio

so much negativity overall
the nerves have gone from our side, and will be all on them
So long as we dont concede in the 1st 15 minutes (and thats a big if) we will win this

Are we all of a sudden going to go from a team that barely loses, barely concedes to a team that in the bigges game of the career for most of them going to become a team who forget how to play

Robins and Viveash will have a perfect plan - bump this again on Thursday morning
I bumped as I read it before the game

Users who are viewing this thread