Match Thread Middlesbrough vs Coventry City Play off Semi final 2nd leg Match Thread - Wednesday 17th May (2 Viewers)

Bugsy

Can't believe we are going to fucking Wembley for a place in the Premier League......PUSB 💙

Blind-Faith

Just got back, throat is sore and voice almost gone! Big shout out to the Southam supporters group, what a coach trip that was!

What a result that was, atmosphere was incredible , felt like we sang from start to finish. Proud of the team tonight, can you bloody believe it? We’re in the championship playoff final!!!!

alexccfc99

The moment the tie changed was when McNair was booked - Completely unshackled Vik and unnerved a solid Boro defence

Unbelievably proud

slowpoke

Well after being up in the clouds and dream land & not a lot of sleep the last 24/48 hours I’m now back down to a bit of normality, with a recent op on the old digeree-do and prostrate, got the thumbs up on that, my little bit of CHF been put to the test the last three matches better than any cardiologist can offer I can assure you, it’s now all systems go ready for May 27th. What a sky blue life.

Gint11

Flawed argument. By the time he gets to the ball under control, the keeper and defenders get back. If he attempts early, he could have spooned it. Why are we criticizing this anyway, he scored it!

he was the difference. Non stop running and chasing, drove us forward, make good intercepts, scored, hit the bar, gave his impetus and energy, all 10s to a man and he was the star, I don’t know how anyone can disagree.

slowpoke

Was average other than his goal. Need an improvement at Wembley to beat Luton
Played a bit higher and was fantastic all match considering it was obvious he was carry a bit of an injury. He will be fully fit by the 27th and raring to go.

Macca

Seeing the Boro forum everyone crying about our awful football. No we play good football but adapt to what is required, you didn’t, cheerio

Kris_Boro

Well done Coventry - I thought you where outstanding last night and deserved to go through.

The tactical changes really gave you the upper hand in midfield. I have mentioned a couple of times that without Howson we lack the pace, urgency and some of the risk taking that has worked so well for us since Christmas. You saw a lot more of the ball and our defence looked shaky from the start, poor passing out from the back matched by your much higher press.

I thought Viktor was fantastic second half and as someone has mentioned the McNair yellow card really changed that battle. In truth i don't think we would have scored if we played another 180 minutes.

I have tried to find excuses but the better team outplayed us, the better manager on the night won the the tactical battle so its easier to just admit the better team over the two legs won.

I don't think anyone would have predicted a Coventry and Luton final - amazing considering where both teams have been in the past 10 years!!

I really hope you guys do it 1) it would be a little comfort losing to the eventual winners. 2) You play some good football and much easier on the eye than Luton and 3) Coventry where a Premier League team in my youth and you annoy Sunderland fans.

I am absolutely gutted. It seems our poor end of season form was in fact poor form and not down to players being rested or taking their foot off the gas, momentum certainly came through this time.

Users who are viewing this thread