Mocking ISIS = a hate crime? (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Where have I defended ethnic cleansing? Jesus christ.

Yes I agree, they should be pulled up for it. What I am saying is that the Rohingya shouldn't get a free ride for their involvement either.

you have defended what has happened to them which has been described as ethnic cleansing by the UN.
As I said, when States start trying to wipe out or expel minorities we're on dodgy ground.

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

I think pretty much everyone criticises SA and Pakistan.

Maybe but certain people seem to think a few ultra right wing gun carrying, Nazi saluting nutters in the States is a bigger threat to civilisation than religious intolerance, violence & general ignorance in those countries. In my view the former is despicable but a limited & contained threat while the latter is a clear and present danger to the hard won freedoms of UK & European society.

clint van damme

Maybe but certain people seem to think a few ultra right wing gun carrying, Nazi saluting nutters in the States is a bigger threat to civilisation than religious intolerance, violence & general ignorance in those countries. In my view the former is despicable but a limited & contained threat while the latter is a clear and present danger to the hard won freedoms of UK & European society.

I said in an earlier post, in my opinion, the threat from fundamental Islam is far higher than that of the far right which in turn is far higher than any left wing group opposing them.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I said in an earlier post, in my opinion, the threat from fundamental Islam is far higher than that of the far right which in turn is far higher than any left wing group opposing them.

I actually agree with you on that.

Just to complete the circle though, and what's weird, is that the left seem to have got into bed with Islam. I really don't understand that though as the values of both those two are completely contradictory!

clint van damme

I actually agree with you on that.

Just to complete the circle though, and what's weird, is that the left seem to have got into bed with Islam. I really don't understand that though as the values of both those two are completely contradictory!

Some on the left may of, but there are also the likes of Richard Dawkins who are fierce critics of Islam.
You seem to lump all Muslims in together, totally ignoring the Sunni/Shia dynamic of it. The Shia have probably suffered more at the hands of fundamentalists than anyone.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Some on the left may of, but there are also the likes of Richard Dawkins who are fierce critics of Islam.
You seem to lump all Muslims in together, totally ignoring the Sunni/Shia dynamic of it. The Shia have probably suffered more at the hands of fundamentalists than anyone.

I am being general. I don't see how people can fight for LGBT rights and also back Islam. You can't have it both ways surely?

clint van damme

You're not wrong. Although not baking a cake versus throwing someone off a building isn't quite so comparable!

totally agree. But again, not every Muslim goes round throwing people of buildings!
I believe everyone should have the right to live their lives free from persecution as long as they are not harming others. That includes the right to religious freedom even though I am an atheist.
However, I also believe that within most religious doctrines there are elements that are dangerous and deserved of criticism. I think most would agree that at the moment, this applies Islam more than the others.

However, I still don't believe that all Muslims should be tarred with the same brush. I've lived next to Muslim families all my life and apart from 1 twat who I've hated since we were kids, (the feelings mutual), I've never had a problem with them.

Liquid Gold

Who are the ones finding Saudi and Pakistan with cash and arms? Us.

To my mind we should be cutting ties with any country that spreads fundamentalist ideology of any kind but, as usual, profit for the very wealthy comes before everything else.

Captain Dart

Grendel

Come on, Corbyn and Abbot are far worse!!

Well they applauded when English civilians were murdered on their own soil so yes they are clearly a lot worse.

Grendel

Try telling that to victims in Birmingham, Warrington etc. From the IRA thugs that Corbyn and Abbot considered their allies and friends.

clint van damme

Try telling that to victims in Birmingham, Warrington etc. From the IRA thugs that Corbyn and Abbot considered their allies and friends.

times change. Zionist terrorists used to kill British people, they are now our allies. Do you believe they shouldn't be?
The political spectrum is always altering.

Grendel

times change. Zionist terrorists used to kill British people, they are now our allies. Do you believe they shouldn't be?
The political spectrum is always altering.

The point is Corbyn and McDonnell and Abbott were openly supporting an organisation at the time it was murdering men, women and children on UK soil

If hewas attending ISIS funerals and cosying up to them that's ok is it?

Sick Boy

The point is Corbyn and McDonnell and Abbott were openly supporting an organisation at the time it was murdering men, women and children on UK soil

I seem to remember you sneering about innocent UK civilians being murdered by the countrys' army during the troubles.

Grendel

I seem to remember you sneering about innocent UK civilians being murdered by the countrys' army during the troubles.

No I didn't but I do notice your reluctance to discuss this issue. You've already said you admire Abbott.

clint van damme

I'm not saying it's OK, I'm saying times change.
The political landscape changes. Like I said, Zionists became allies, Mandela turned into a hero, there's loads of examples. I will vote for Corbyn, I like what he says.
I'm more concerned by the cult building up around his name, chanting at festivals and the like.
He's a politician, I want him to be given a chance, but if he fails get rid of him, same as any other politician.

Sick Boy

No I didn't but I do notice your reluctance to discuss this issue. You've already said you admire Abbott.

You certainly displayed a complete lack of compassion or empathy. I respect her for what she achieved during a time when certain stoneage attitudes were about.

I didn't see you being critical of Hammond or Johnson when they got figures wrong and couldn't remember party policy when being interviewed. I wonder why that is?

Sick Boy

I'm not saying it's OK, I'm saying times change.
The political landscape changes. Like I said, Zionists became allies, Mandela turned into a hero, there's loads of examples. I will vote for Corbyn, I like what he says.
I'm more concerned by the cult building up around his name, chanting at festivals and the like.
He's a politician, I want him to be given a chance, but if he fails get rid of him, same as any other politician.

Hear hear...with a lot of the diehard Corbynites he can do no wrong!

Grendel

You certainly displayed a complete lack of compassion or empathy. I respect her for what she achieved during a time when certain stoneage attitudes were about.

I didn't see you being critical of Hammond or Johnson when they got figures wrong and couldn't remember party policy when being interviewed. I wonder why that is?

You admire a racist - good for you.

Grendel

Thanks, Jethro.

I've shown you numerous links on this. So I ask again- if I was in hospital and said I only wanted white people treat me would that be racist?

Grendel

Sorry I meant Bernard. Stop deflecting away from your own hypocrisy.

But you are the one deflecting. I raised the subject of these 3 and their links with terrorists - you can't answer

I ask you a question about defining a racist - you will not answer

Your call - I guess you do believe white people should be allowed that right and are reluctant to admit it.

Interesting view you support there.

Grendel

This is a nice deflection from the OP...

Sick boy mentioned Corbyn Abbott and McDonnell and I believe they are a real threat to society - he bought them in this debate didn't he?

Sick Boy

But you are the one deflecting. I raised the subject of these 3 and their links with terrorists - you can't answer

I ask you a question about defining a racist - you will not answer

Your call - I guess you do believe white people should be allowed that right and are reluctant to admit it.

Interesting view you support there.

You obviously spend a lot more time thinking about her than I do. I respect her for what she achieved when compared to the likes of the Johnson, Cameron, Osborne et al.

As I've previously mentioned, we lost an innocent family member during the troubles who was completely innocent. There were undefendable actions carried out by both sides, your attempts at cheap point scoring and previous jokes around the troubles say a lot about you.

Users who are viewing this thread