Mocking ISIS = a hate crime? (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Listen to this, shocking, good response though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

HAHA! This article would suggest different.

What the Hell Is Happening in Myanmar?

Intersting that Burmas Buddhists follow Theravada Buddhism which is quite militant and that they hate the Rohingya for siding with the British during the war, you live and learn, (thanks Google).

You've picked an article that only really shines a light on one side again. Blinkers on really.

The Rohingya have been beheading monks and raping non muslim women which is what sparked it all off again. Did you know about that?

There's a clear agenda going on. Thankfully it is starting to shine through, although I do think no matter what facts come out the left just ignore it.

clint van damme

You've picked an article that only really shines a light on one side again. Blinkers on really.

The Rohingya have been beheading monks and raping non muslim women which is what sparked it all off again. Did you know about that?

There's a clear agenda going on. Thankfully it is starting to shine through, although I do think no matter what facts come out the left just ignore it.

I asked you to give us your German friends version of events but you've declined for some reason.
Don't really think this is a left v right argument either, only you trying to paint it as such.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If you believe the country will be living under Sharia Law, you are seriously paranoid. If anything the country is more likely going to slide towards right wing extremism, which is still very unlikely.

I don't think it's paranoia whatsoever. We're already seeing the rise of Sharia courts. Coupled with a rising Muslim population and a pander towards anything they do wrong.

I think there will be some elements of Sharia law in the UK in the next 100 years, certainly. I'll bump the thread when it happens.

clint van damme

I don't think it's paranoia whatsoever. We're already seeing the rise of Sharia courts. Coupled with a rising Muslim population and a pander towards anything they do wrong.

I think there will be some elements of Sharia law in the UK in the next 100 years, certainly. I'll bump the thread when it happens.

people used to say similar things about Catholicism and Judaism, and they were talking nonsense as well. We'll become more secular if anything.

Sick Boy

What 'pandering' goes on towards Muslims who want sharia law in the UK? The Muslims I know would be horrified if it actually happened.

At least it would please those on the far-right who believe in an eye for an eye, eh? ;)

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I asked you to give us your German friends version of events but you've declined for some reason.
Don't really think this is a left v right argument either, only you trying to paint it as such.

What he's said pretty much goes in line with any non-biased, or actually researched articles on the events there.

-The history goes back a long way as the Rohingya came in mostly as refugees during British rule.
-The Rohingya were responsible for an insurgency in Myanmar from 1947 until 1961, after the insurgency was stopped the remnants of the Islamists rose up against the government again with guerrilla warfare.
-It went quiet for a bit...
-Rohingya muslims launched coordinated attacks on 24 police posts and an army base, leaving 71 dead.

Basically this attack prompted the counterattack of the government forces which started the 'Rohingya' crisis..

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What 'pandering' does on towards Muslims who want sharia law in the UK? The Muslims I know would be horrified if it actually happened.

At least it would please those on the far-right who believe in an eye for an eye, eh? ;)

I think that's not true. I think there is probably quite a high percent of the Muslim population in the UK that would be quite passive (at the very least) if Sharia was implemented.

clint van damme

What he's said pretty much goes in line with any non-biased, or actually researched articles on the events there.

-The history goes back a long way as the Rohingya came in mostly as refugees during British rule.
-The Rohingya were responsible for an insurgency in Myanmar from 1947 until 1961, after the insurgency was stopped the remnants of the Islamists rose up against the government again with guerrilla warfare.
-It went quiet for a bit...
-Rohingya muslims launched coordinated attacks on 24 police posts and an army base, leaving 71 dead.

Basically this attack prompted the counterattack of the government forces which started the 'Rohingya' crisis..

I would say that is a fairly one sided version of events to be fair. If the attacks you're on about are the ones in 2012 then you are definitely being very select with your information.
Could you link where you got that information?

Captain Dart

clint van damme

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I would say that is a fairly one sided version of events to be fair. If the attacks you're on about are the ones in 2012 then you are definitely being very select with your information.
Could you link where you got that information?

Link? Do you want my friends whatsapp?

I think that's a pretty accurate representing of what's happened. Both sides are pretty bad. The Muslims started it, and the Buddhists have had enough. The media tel us the Muslims are the victims. That's pretty select don't you think?

clint van damme

Link? Do you want my friends whatsapp?

I think that's a pretty accurate representing of what's happened. Both sides are pretty bad. The Muslims started it, and the Buddhists have had enough. The media tel us the Muslims are the victims. That's pretty select don't you think?

The UN have told us it's ethnic cleansing, you're defending it, I'm not surprised.
This German mate of yours, has he got a little black moustache and is living there in exile?!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The UN have told us it's ethnic cleansing, you're defending it, I'm not surprised.
This German mate of yours, has he got a little black moustache and is living there in exile?!

Playing the man instead of the ball again because you don't have an argument.

It's pretty clear whilst there are many innocent people (on both sides) who are victims. To say the Rohingya are completely innocent is total lies.

I've also not defended ethnic cleansing once, but for you to say that as a weapon against does not surprise me either.

clint van damme

Playing the man instead of the ball again because you don't have an argument.

It's pretty clear whilst there are many innocent people (on both sides) who are victims. To say the Rohingya are completely innocent is total lies.

I've also not defended ethnic cleansing once, but for you to say that as a weapon against does not surprise me either.

no one has said the Rohingya are completely innocent, but they estimate the number of insurgents as 500, does that warrant what is happening to the whole community?
You can't defend ethnic cleansing and then moan when you're pulled up for it.
Any state trying to wipe out a minority community should be pulled up for it, I won't expect you to agree.

Grendel

If that's your warped interpretation of speaking out against Nazis, then fair enough.

No it's my interpretation of your view on ID cards which every civil libertarian of whatever political persuasion opposes.

Sick Boy

No it's my interpretation of your view on ID cards which every civil libertarian of whatever political persuasion opposes.

It's not something that I am passionate about personally, but don't see the big deal. As I've said before, Brexit will make them more likely in the long-run.

I think the Snoopers Charter is far worse.

Grendel

It's not something that I am passionate about personally, but don't see the big deal. As I've said before, Brexit will make them more likely in the long-run.

I think the Snoopers Charter is far worse.

Brexit won't make it more likely at all.

Grendel

HAHA! This article would suggest different.

What the Hell Is Happening in Myanmar?

Intersting that Burmas Buddhists follow Theravada Buddhism which is quite militant and that they hate the Rohingya for siding with the British during the war, you live and learn, (thanks Google).

I don't have any historical perspective as to how this crises occurred.

However, I read the most grotesque article in the Times about how men are being tortured and killed and women raped and murdered. One woman had her two month baby thrown against a wall and killed and was then chocked into silence while being repeatedly assaulted by a gang of Buddhist militia.

As I say it's grotesque. It has China's backing so as ever the west will turn a blind eye to it

I'm amazed the depths humanity sinks to

Grendel

If you believe the country will be living under Sharia Law, you are seriously paranoid. If anything the country is more likely going to slide towards right wing extremism, which is still very unlikely.

It will not but then you let your self down with an equally unfounded statement.

clint van damme

I don't have any historical perspective as to how this crises occurred.

However, I read the most grotesque article in the Times about how men are being tortured and killed and women raped and murdered. One woman had her two month baby thrown against a wall and killed and was then chocked into silence while being repeatedly assaulted by a gang of Buddhist militia.

As I say it's grotesque. It has China's backing so as ever the west will turn a blind eye to it

I'm amazed the depths humanity sinks to

"I'm amazed the depths humanity sinks to"

have to agree. Fortunately there is also a lot of good in the world though it doesn't seem like it at times.

singers_pore

Listen to this, shocking, good response though.

According to Quilliam, most of the mosques in the UK teach the very conservative form of Islam that this woman follows. Unfortunately, the founders of Quilliam, including Maajid Nawaz, are in the minority with their progressive vision for Islam. They deserve our full support but let's not kid ourselves about what most mosques are really teaching.

singers_pore

What 'pandering' goes on towards Muslims who want sharia law in the UK? The Muslims I know would be horrified if it actually happened. ;)

Have you ever lived or worked in a Muslim country? I have - Malaysia and Indonesia. These two countries are supposedly "moderate" and yet I witnessed the Religious Police in those countries harassing members of the public for holding hands in public (when unmarried) and for selling alcohol.

I think a lot of you would have very different views if you had actually spent a significant amount of time in those countries where you could see what really goes on as a result of religion.

Again, that is not to say "all Muslims". The majority of Muslims in Malaysia and Indonesia are fine and they uphold similar secular views to the rest of us. Unfortunately, however, it is the extreme religious clerics who have control over much of what goes on in those countries. And the situation there is getting worse every day. It's not getting better.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

no one has said the Rohingya are completely innocent, but they estimate the number of insurgents as 500, does that warrant what is happening to the whole community?
You can't defend ethnic cleansing and then moan when you're pulled up for it.
Any state trying to wipe out a minority community should be pulled up for it, I won't expect you to agree.

Where have I defended ethnic cleansing? Jesus christ.

Yes I agree, they should be pulled up for it. What I am saying is that the Rohingya shouldn't get a free ride for their involvement either.

Users who are viewing this thread