More CCC/Wasps/CCFC Angst (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

Isn't it possible that maintaining the garden of remembrance is one of the terms of the lease?

I think the point I'm making is this board becomes a Wasps/CCC slagfest at every opportunity.
Concentrate on the football and stop walking round all day with a hair shirt.

Nick

Administrator
Guys, get a life. It's a kids time capsule. LOL

Nobody picked up on the real story that Wasps are now maintaining the CCFC garden of remembrance.

ACL in maintaining what they own shocker....

Just a shame they don't maintain the pitch ;)

Nick

Administrator
I think the point I'm making is this board becomes a Wasps/CCC slagfest at every opportunity.

I think the point you are missing is that it isn't just this board is it? Have a look at the comments on social media etc, it is wider than just "bitter ccfc fans" isn't it?

Nick

Administrator
I've said my bit. I'll just sit back and watch you lot in meltdown !!! :claping hands:

Nobody is in meltdown, you tried to come in with another point to try and make them look good which failed miserably.

I could understand if it was just 4 or 5 people on here annoyed by it, it isn't though is it?

Still, they are your business partners like they are with CCC and the Telegraph so what should we expect ;)

Grendel

I've said my bit. I'll just sit back and watch you lot in meltdown !!! :claping hands:

Of course you will. You have your car park to protect and will nod and say whatever Nicky tells you to - others tend to take a moral view on the subject.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Frankly amazed and very disappointed that something from CCFC, CRFC, Bees etc has not been included. Not acceptable at all. You would think that someone organising this would be sensitive to furore it was likely to create. Who chose the items ?

If the items were chosen by the public or school kids the uncomfortable question has got to be "is this how low CCFC, CRFC, Bees etc have sunk in the Coventry public perception or minds of the youngsters we are bringing up" ? followed by what are those clubs going to do about it? Because that's a big worry for the future well being of those clubs

chiefdave

Why are Wasps and JLR on there?

Most of them make sense. Guess someone from CCC will be speaking on behalf of the city, the JLR brass band are playing. I would guess the chauffeur service are providing cars. No idea who Eric Grove even is. Don't really see what Cov Uni (unless they are providing some facilities being over the road) and Wasps have to do with anything.

Has Joe Elliot organised all this? Fair play to him if he has.

Grendel

Better tell that to this lot;
Neil Jones: What a shambles, support a franchise but not a football club that as been part of our city since and 1883 or a rugby club which I believe as been part of our city since 1906 (happy to be corrected). Very sad indeed.
Andy Fletcher: Wasps? Where is Coventry rugby club? What about CCFC? This is so disrespectful to the people of Coventry!
David Goodwin: Anything about Coventry CITY ? Coventry RFC? Perhaps something about the schools & kids in the area, the recreation facilities in the fantastic parks? If none of this went in it's an absolute disgrace. If Wasps & Cov Blaze are the only sport representatives is a shocker.
Susie Dunn: Coventry City football club, Coventry rugby club & Coventry Bees, the Wasps are NOT a Coventry club!!! Absolutely disgraceful!
JS81372531.jpg
A time capsule containing all things 'Coventry' is laid in the ground on Friargate. Pupils from St Osburg's, Spon Gate and All Saints C of E Primary school are joined by the Rev. David Mayhew and the Wasps mascot 'Sting'Story Link Watch as time capsule buried at Coventry's Friargate development site
Robert Hulm: Where's all the Coventry City FC, Cov Rugby stuff?? Wasps don't even belong in Coventry they're a London rugby club and always will be
Morris Francis: I'm absolutely disgusted by this, a bunch of egg chasers from London and Coventry council see fit to put their merchandise in a Coventry time capsule. Shame on all concerned with this
George Ireland: Wasps, a team from London! Who ever did this capsule move elsewhere as your a disgrace to our city.
Tom Hartopp: You should be ashamed. No CCFC stuff but putting all Wasps stuff. Disgraceful
Jac Hancox: THIS IS A DISGRACE!!!! WASPS AND NO SKY BLUE ARMY, CCFC IS PRIDE OF COVENTRY NOT WASPS!!! BY THE TIME THAT GETS DUG UP THEY WONT EVEN BE IN COVENTRY!!
Steve Waterer: This is disgraceful and an insult to the genuine Coventry sports clubs
Paul Bannon: Disgraceful and disgusting that there are no Coventry City FC or Coventry Rugby Club literature going into this, they are the COVENTRY clubs with tradition not a franchise club from High Wycombe.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Also from what I was told the Trust had offered to maintain the garden of remembrance ...... but then ACL jumped in to do it

Nick

Administrator
Frankly amazed and very disappointed that something from CCFC, CRFC, Bees etc has not been included. Not acceptable at all. You would think that someone organising this would be sensitive to furore it was likely to create. Who chose the items ?

If the items were chosen by the public or school kids the uncomfortable question has got to be "is this how low CCFC, CRFC, Bees etc have sunk in the Coventry public perception or minds of the youngsters we are bringing up" ? followed by what are those clubs going to do about it? Because that's a big worry for the future well being of those clubs

I'm not sure, the Wasps mascot is there so it seems like more than asking school kids to fill it up.

chiefdave

Also from what I was told the Trust had offered to maintain the garden of remembrance ...... but then ACL jumped in to do it

So they didn't bother maintaining it until they thought they would get some negative press. Maybe the trust should offer to sort out the names on the bricks and leaky roof!

Nick

Administrator
So they didn't bother maintaining it until they thought they would get some negative press. Maybe the trust should offer to sort out the names on the bricks and leaky roof!

And the pitch.

You would think it would all be maintained anyway?

Hobo

Perhaps they are frightened they won't exist in the future?

chiefdave

And the pitch.

You would think it would all be maintained anyway?

The company who put the pitch in were also given the contract to maintain it. If I was Wasps I would be having some serious conversations with them as its not held up the way we were led to believe it would.

stupot07

They could have picked a better edition of the Telegraph than one with "Nine years for drug dealer with shotgun" and "foster carer who killed toddler jailed".

I'd have thought the CT wins award for the bring city back home campaign would be more apt....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

Nice bit of Phsycodelic Furs there Torch.
Tin hat on now.
Let's not pretend our appalling owners have played no part in our relationship leading to this disgraceful Ommission from this memorabilia.
Disgusting to all concerned.

Nick

Administrator
Tin hat on now.
Let's not pretend our appalling owners have played no part in our relationship leading to this disgraceful Ommission from this memorabilia.

You would think it would be nothing about relationships, nobody is saying a SISU brochure should have gone in. It looks more about PR.

torchomatic

The like is for The Furs.

I don't think this is anything to do with our admittedly appalling owners. Nothing for the Bees or Cov Rugby either.

Tin hat on now.

Brylowes

They spend 2 to 3 years trying to bury the football club-now they get the chance they refuse.
Oh the irony :facepalm:

torchomatic

I can see it now..."but who wouldn't want to see top class Premiership football..." The post would then be liked by "SkyBlue"Tony.

He supports the Ricoh Arena, not CCFC. Probably didn't have the slightest interest in the club before 2005 and would drop us like a hat if another football club moved into the Ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread