Mowbray, Go or Stay? (2 Viewers)

Mowbray, Go or Stay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terry Gibson's perm

I'd say about 24 years. The beginning of the premier league and sky sponsorship.

It ruined football for clubs like CCFC

Only because we dropped out of it if we were still there we would be happy enough.

shmmeee

Stay. I feel like we're here every couple of years. He's not bad, he's got reasonable cache in the game and I like Venus.

I don't think the core problem with the club is the manager, so we may as well save the expense and time and disruption of hiring someone else we'll be sacking in 18 months to two years.

We are in turbulent times, our strategy is to rebuild the squad every year, something like our current form is to be expected at some point. It may well be that we do go close to going down, but that's not been uncommon in previous years under this setup and is obviously a risk we are willing to take.

Frankly I'd rather see us resolve the long term future of the club before we seriously start worrying about on the pitch. It's generally acknowledged that we'd struggle even in the Championship set up as we are. Let's sort that first, decide on what sort of club we want to be, then we can decide if the manager is meeting those expectations.

Skyblueweeman

Then we should promote from within.
Maybe Anderson should give it a go, after all he doesn't appear to be doing much else these days.

I love all this 'he's not doing much these days'. How do you know?

I'm not saying he is or isn't but how many CEOs or Chairmen give regular updates about their work??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I love all this 'he's not doing much these days'. How do you know?

I'm not saying he is or isn't but how many CEOs or Chairmen give regular updates about their work??

Have you seen some of the tweets at him from grown men? Some are hilarious

Terry Gibson's perm

When we dropped out we were 60 million if debt, that happened because Richardson tried to chase the dream.

It happened because he didn't sack Strachan and I would love to know where the 60 million went, maybe some rather healthy salaries and bonuses

Sick Boy

anyone will struggle here, there will be no success just degrees of failure. Sadly TM's degree of failure is looking to be worse than the others.
Let's be honest the real problem is obvious but largely ignored for reasons I fail to comprehend. In 20 years people will be gobsmacked when they are told how much support the people that finished off CCFC actually had

Oh well, hopefully by then the city really will be, 'the city of rugby' and none of this will even matter.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There's two reasons why the club is where it is at this precise moment:

SISU - They have destroyed everything and ripped the soul from the club. We keep failing whatever manager is here and we're heading in only one direction. We need new owners and we need to get the fuck out of the Ricoh. If I win the EuroMillions I will buy the club, make friends with CRFC and get the club back into the city and expand the stadium to 20,000 - Knocking down the retirement village and its residents if needs be.

The Manager - Now I'm not saying the board don't interfere. I remember signing Proschwitz when we were managerless between Pressley and Mowbray. It wouldn't surprise me if something is going on there. However, this transfer window was a shambles on Mowbray's part. I said it early on and repeatedly got told I was talking nonsense. It was clear to see: We let far too many good players go and failed to replace the quality and quantity. The team just looks like cast offs with a few of the academy. It isn't getting anywhere near the playoffs. The manager royally fucked it up and it lies with him. You don't sign Turnbull on a fee and then cry that your hands are tied.

Not finishing in the top six after the first half of the season last year was a crime. He had chance to build and has actually done the opposite. I'm not saying we should sack him now, but the clock is ticking. Even if we can grind out some results, the team isn't anywhere near promotion material. We either stick with him and give another roll of the dice or ship out. Unfortunately the next manger would have to inherit this pretty shit squad and go again anyway. I haven't even covered player selection and tactics here either, just to note.

People who refuse to acknowledge Mowbray is at fault for our current league position because they can't see through SISU need to get a grip.

Super Graham Withey

If Mowbray is to stay he will have to change our playing style. We simply do not have the players to play effective, possession based football this season. If he persists with trying to play this way, we will be relegated
There's two reasons why the club is where it is at this precise moment:

SISU - They have destroyed everything and ripped the soul from the club. We keep failing whatever manager is here and we're heading in only one direction. We need new owners and we need to get the fuck out of the Ricoh. If I win the EuroMillions I will buy the club, make friends with CRFC and get the club back into the city and expand the stadium to 20,000 - Knocking down the retirement village and its residents if needs be.

The Manager - Now I'm not saying the board don't interfere. I remember signing Proschwitz when we were managerless between Pressley and Mowbray. It wouldn't surprise me if something is going on there. However, this transfer window was a shambles on Mowbray's part. I said it early on and repeatedly got told I was talking nonsense. It was clear to see: We let far too many good players go and failed to replace the quality and quantity. The team just looks like cast offs with a few of the academy. It isn't getting anywhere near the playoffs. The manager royally fucked it up and it lies with him. You don't sign Turnbull on a fee and then cry that your hands are tied.

Not finishing in the top six after the first half of the season last year was a crime. He had chance to build and has actually done the opposite. I'm not saying we should sack him now, but the clock is ticking. Even if we can grind out some results, the team isn't anywhere near promotion material. We either stick with him and give another roll of the dice or ship out. Unfortunately the next manger would have to inherit this pretty shit squad and go again anyway. I haven't even covered player selection and tactics here either, just to note.

People who refuse to acknowledge Mowbray is at fault for our current league position because they can't see through SISU need to get a grip.
'We let far too many good players go and failed to replace the quality and quantity'. Are you seriously suggesting this is solely down to Mowbray?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If Mowbray is to stay he will have to change our playing style. We simply do not have the players to play effective, possession based football this season. If he persists with trying to play this way, we will be relegated

'We let far too many good players go and failed to replace the quality and quantity'. Are you seriously suggesting this is solely down to Mowbray?

Largely yes.

Maybe Fleck couldn't be kept, but Vincelot, Martin, O'Brien are a few that were deemed surplus and then weren't replaced.

Those were three of our best players last season.

SkyblueBri

With his decisions yesterday he lost me and his radio interview gave me the impression he himself is at a loss what to do.
We need someone to sort out a method of play and drill it into the team, they look lost at the moment.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Spot on. Sisu are easy owners for management. Coleman and thorn as well.
SISU are easy owners for Management, I've heard it all now. Ask Mowbray, Coleman, Thorn and all of the Managers that have worked under SISU if they think SISU are easy to work for. Good owners give the manager the tools to do the job. :jawdrop:

And that applies to any job. :meh:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Ultimately, as a fan base, SISU have stopped us being able to debate Mowbray making bizarre decisions or messing up the transfer window as they have destroyed any sense of 'club' both to its fans and to its city. Until they leave, whether via liquidation or through the almost mythical hope they sell to virtually ANYONE the club is poisonous to anyone we need to do business with and any fans we want to keep or attract back. So yes, ridiculous playing just Bigi in midfield for 20 minutes yesterday...but only 8,350 Cov fans saw that because of over ten years of destruction, bridge burning and lack of any respect or care for anyone connected to Coventry City or the City of Coventry. And that's why as I was frustrated with the match, looking around at empty Sky Blue seats, Wasps black and white hoardings everywhere and having my ticket checked three times in case I wasn't supposed to be in a third full Block 20 and had scammed a couple of quid off the ticket means that Mowbray's subs are basically irrelevant. Even the announcer had little to say to fans aside from the team names and Happy Birthday, Brenda. What a match day experience!!
100% agree with this,

I think Mowbray will leave after the January transfer window because like a lot of us he will have had a enough of SISU.

Grendel

100% agree with this,

I think Mowbray will leave after the January transfer window because like a lot of us he will have had a enough of SISU.

Lol - he loves Sisu - they are a managers dream

Grendel

Do you want to bet on it. ha ha. ;)

Why wouldn't he? He can go home and his wife can say "Oh Tony I bet the crowd are giving you a hard time, bottom of the league, disaster again after Christmas last year, shouldn't you call it a day love"

"Are you mad? They love me, my hands are tied, they think I am doing all I can with the scraps I feed on. This is great. I'm on the phone to Stephen to see how I get a four year deal with these mugs"

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Why wouldn't he? He can go home and his wife can say "Oh Tony I bet the crowd are giving you a hard time, bottom of the league, disaster again after Christmas last year, shouldn't you call it a day love"

"Are you mad? They love me, my hands are tied, they think I am doing all I can with the scraps I feed on. This is great. I'm on the phone to Stephen to see how I get a four year deal with these mugs"
So its a no then ?

oucho

I cannot see him resigning - he's not here for money, he's here to rebuild his reputation which will not happen if he walks away now. He needs us to be a success. Like a desperate gambler racking up losses, his only way back is to stay at the table. My sense is that if we do not beat either Gills or Wimbledon, the men in grey suits will put him out of his misery.

stupot07

Anyone think he will renew his contract at the end of the season?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I cannot see him resigning - he's not here for money, he's here to rebuild his reputation which will not happen if he walks away now. He needs us to be a success. Like a desperate gambler racking up losses, his only way back is to stay at the table. My sense is that if we do not beat either Gills or Wimbledon, the men in grey suits will put him out of his misery.
I hear what you say, But he hasn't got much of a Reputation to rebuild has he. :(

Grendel

I suppose it depends if anyone else is interested. It wouldn't surprise me though

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The bet? Its impossible as if sacked its "mutual agreement" and youd say he resigned.
And I thought you were a gambler. Are well only two goals to go. :woot:

Skyblueweeman

Ha ha.
People are thick as shit???
Yet you don't even know what they said??
Glad I'm not on twitter.

And as well as the above, I have seen many comments on Twitter from keyboard warriors commenting on all things CCFC related or tweeting people related to CCFC and it just makes me scratch my head sometimes...

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Go I think his style of play is starting to resemble Presley's keeping hold of the ball mostly in our own half, our passing accuracy by defenders must be amongst the best in the league as teams wont bother us there ,teams seem to break far quicker than us 46 draws don't keep you in this or most others division.

Pipehitterz

Or rather the real question
Does anybody want him to resign next season?
Take Armstrong out of the equation, and we most probably are sitting at the bottom of league 2 right now.

shelby76

There is no way tony will be sacked now, that anderson has walked, the only way he will go is if he walks, hope he sees the season out.

lifeskyblue

I want him to stay. Last season he was being praised ...keeping us up end of season before and playing some of the best football CCFC had played in years. He was being spoken of as the next Jimmy hill by some. Then the wheels came off; was it a coincident that Anderson arrived or that Venus' role changed or Clapham? Who knows? But he is a better manager than bottom of L1 and I am sure he will get us up to mid table this season. Not good enough I know but really that is where we are as a club right now.
If there is no real change I wouldn't renew in the summer and go for an inexperienced young manager...and give them free reign to experiment. Yes it could end in relegation but might just be what the club and fans need to rebuild some trust, hope and success.

Users who are viewing this thread