Mowbray, Go or Stay? (3 Viewers)

Mowbray, Go or Stay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fellatio_Martinez

I can't see past Mowbray's post Christmas slumps. Last season he truly fucked up and had no answer. This season he doesn't seem to have a clue and this is in a piss poor league so budget excuses don't really wash.

martcov

How does the budget and resources available compare in our league though? It won't be last.

We won't be last at the end of the season either, but our constant failure although we probably have an above average budget, does invite the question as to why. Is it really that all our appointments are shit ( Robbins as the exception - didn't have time to become shit )?

robbiekeane

If, if we have the sixth biggest budget.

Agreed a competitive budget? What makes you so sure it was agreed and competitive? Accepted the budget offered through a lack of options is just as likely.

What most people understand is that the club for decades isn't an environment that breeds success. We've all seen the results of that first hand. You say it isn't SISU's fault but the truth is they haven't addressed this issue, just the opposite. They've exacerbated it.

If understanding all that makes me one of the "fucking stupid" fans I'll happily take that.
So hold in, you think Mowbray accepted a job without knowing what his budget was? Even though negotiations dragged on for ages about the budget and having complete control of it? Seriously?

Bottom line is he's lost the plot. Got excited in the first 3 months of last season but since then it's been shit.

If abromavich sold Chelsea and bought us....i wouldn't want Mowbray at the helm

skybluetony176

So hold in, you think Mowbray accepted a job without knowing what his budget was? Even though negotiations dragged on for ages about the budget and having complete control of it? Seriously?

Bottom line is he's lost the plot. Got excited in the first 3 months of last season but since then it's been shit.

Mowbray accepted the job last season not this so yes he most likely did except the job last season not knowing what this seasons budget will be. It's quite incredible to think that the manager sets the budget, I bet there's not a manager in football who sets the budget, that will always be driven by the owners. Mowbray actually made a point of accepting the job in the first place without guarantees of extra budget. He's been quoted as saying I told Joy I didn't want anymore money just control of the playing budget, it's all well documented at the time of his appointment full time. I think you're confusing control of a budget with setting it. He doesn't set the budget full stop.

Sky Blue Kid

And the way Mourinho is managing atm I wouldn't want him either.

robbiekeane

Mowbray accepted the job last season not this so yes he most likely did except the job last season not knowing what this seasons budget will be. It's quite incredible to think that the manager sets the budget, I bet there's not a manager in football who sets the budget, that will always be driven by the owners. Mowbray actually made a point of accepting the job in the first place without guarantees of extra budget. He's been quoted as saying I told Joy I didn't want anymore money just control of the playing budget, it's all well documented at the time of his appointment full time. I think you're confusing control of a budget with setting it. He doesn't set the budget full stop.
Well done for stating the obvious. Nowhere in my post thst you quoted did I say Mowbray sets the budget. Straw man again....bit embarrassing for you

But he wouldn't have taken the job unless he knew what it was would he? He would've negotiated terms of his employment just like anyone else? He definitely would've known the budget for his first season before signing (and knew that it was something he could work with) and he would've had pretty solid assurances about the parameters of this seasons budget. To think he had no idea what he was working with this year would make you extremely naive... Or him extremely naive.

Its really quite simple. Our budget is not the worst in the league, yet our performance has been the worst in the league so far. That means it's the managers fault.

Users who are viewing this thread