Mowbray, Go or Stay? (2 Viewers)

Mowbray, Go or Stay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

So why were most welcoming his appointment?

...onwards & upwards PUSB
May I suggest it's because he Tony Mowbray was the most experienced manager who was interested in the job !!! :happy:

georgehudson

given the hand he appears to have been dealt by our owners,
i think he has done as reasonable a job as could be expected,
of course, the thing is we don't know anything because our owners appear to think being secretive is the way to run a football cub

TM Needs more time, the team is not that bad apart from lack of goals and we have players to return from injury.
I would say by middle of December still in bottom 4 then he has to go.

georgehudson

no, not really, a mate of mine had a good old chat with him, & expletive deletives apart his opinion of the owners was not very high, then again his managerial career was embryionic @ that point

ccfcway

I could see the likes of....

Paul Clement
Paul Lambert
Brian McDermott

sniffing around should the vacancy become available

georgehudson

perhaps this is where the problem lies;
as the devils advocate (satan supporter) ccfcway, would you apply for, & be capable of doing, the job ?
i proffer the point that the owners are doing severe damage to their own reputation

ccfcway

perhaps this is where the problem lies;
as the devils advocate (satan supporter) ccfcway, would you apply for, & be capable of doing, the job ?
i proffer the point that the owners are doing severe damage to their own reputation

I applied a few years ago. Got a rejection letter from Paul Fletcher, saying I didn't have my coaching badges. Got it framed on my wall.

Hobo

TM is desperate for results, which I thought would start last Saturday.

However sacking the guy will achieve nothing in the grand scheme of things.

martcov

They might if the pay off isn't too great vs relegation.

I think they have bigger problems than relegation.... And I think TM will be there until almost the end of the season whatever happens. If he turns things round on the field, he and Venus may even get a new 2 year contract. We would always find another manager. We always have. 2 years later we will either have another new one or be looking for a one. The manager is not the main cause of our malaise.

Captain Dart

At this rate Venus or the Academy Manager will be interim manager for the last 2 months.

robbiekeane

What do people think the setup is with recruitment at the moment?
MV sends Mowbray a shortlist of players and Mowbray makes the call? Or the other way round.

Hobo

What do people think the setup is with recruitment at the moment?
MV sends Mowbray a shortlist of players and Mowbray makes the call? Or the other way round.

Venus has said he does all the initial research, sourcing and prep talks with players and agents. Then TM has final interview and final say.

Gosford Green

What a difference a year makes. A year ago he was the best manager we have had and now around 30% of the fan base here want him gone.

He has not covered himself in glory with his recruitment policy, that might be down to available budget and the CT have not helped with stupid headlines that we are closing in on signing fucking no one, the first few weeks of bullshit was probably pressure from above to shift season tickets but here we are in September watching the results of 3 months of recruitment.

Coming out and claiming Vincelot being sold was his idea did not help his standing to much either. Especially as it was supposed to strengthen the squad.

Would I keep him ? Yes.

robbiekeane

What a difference a year makes. A year ago he was the best manager we have had and now around 30% of the fan base here want him gone.

He has not covered himself in glory with his recruitment policy, that might be down to available budget and the CT have not helped with stupid headlines that we are closing in on signing fucking no one, the first few weeks of bullshit was probably pressure from above to shift season tickets but here we are in September watching the results of 3 months of recruitment.

Coming out and claiming Vincelot being sold was his idea did not help his standing to much either. Especially as it was supposed to strengthen the squad.

Would I keep him ? Yes.
A year ago was the last time we had any sort of form

Captain Dart

oucho

I'm amazed that so many fans, both in this poll and on the CT survey, want him to stay. I personally do but normally by now the knives are out.

Maybe people are seeing through the "blame the manager" thing and are starting to realise where the blame really lies.

robbiekeane

I'm amazed that so many fans, both in this poll and on the CT survey, want him to stay. I personally do but normally by now the knives are out.

Maybe people are seeing through the "blame the manager" thing and are starting to realise where the blame really lies.
oh fuck off

where does the blame for on the pitch results lie? those nasty pasty owners who Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus agreed a competitive budget with and then spunked it on shit players? Who were quoted last January as saying they wouldn't say no to giving extra money if it was the right player?

If we had the 6th best budget in the league and we couldn't ever get higher than 6th then yes, that would be the owners fault. If we have the 6th best budget in the league and we are rock fucking bottom of the league, is that SISUs fault? is it their fault he makes dog shit substitutions then wastes another one fixing it? Is it their fault that hes signed 6 bloody strikers and they can't get more than 5 goals between them?

What if we were top of the league now absolutely smashing it? Would you be praising SISU or would you be praising TM and MV for doing so well against the odds? I wonder....

Our fans are really fucking stupid

skybluetony176

oh fuck off

where does the blame for on the pitch results lie? those nasty pasty owners who Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus agreed a competitive budget with and then spunked it on shit players? Who were quoted last January as saying they wouldn't say no to giving extra money if it was the right player?

If we had the 6th best budget in the league and we couldn't ever get higher than 6th then yes, that would be the owners fault. If we have the 6th best budget in the league and we are rock fucking bottom of the league, is that SISUs fault? is it their fault he makes dog shit substitutions then wastes another one fixing it? Is it their fault that hes signed 6 bloody strikers and they can't get more than 5 goals between them?

What if we were top of the league now absolutely smashing it? Would you be praising SISU or would you be praising TM and MV for doing so well against the odds? I wonder....

If, if we have the sixth biggest budget.

Agreed a competitive budget? What makes you so sure it was agreed and competitive? Accepted the budget offered through a lack of options is just as likely.

What most people understand is that the club for decades isn't an environment that breeds success. We've all seen the results of that first hand. You say it isn't SISU's fault but the truth is they haven't addressed this issue, just the opposite. They've exacerbated it.

If understanding all that makes me one of the "fucking stupid" fans I'll happily take that.

martcov

oh fuck off

Every couple of years or less we land at the same place. Manager is shit. So, are all managers shit? Or is there another common denominator ( e.g. The backing from the owners ) is shit?

Nick

Administrator
Every couple of years or less we land at the same place. Manager is shit. So, are all managers shit? Or is there another common denominator ( e.g. The backing from the owners ) is shit?
How does the budget and resources available compare in our league though? It won't be last.

Users who are viewing this thread