Nazon (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Think it was obvious at the Carlisle game and then the new years eve stuff.

For his sake I hope he adds to the other side of his game, if him and Biamou can make a baby somehow and balance Biamou's fight and workrate and Nazon's skill we should get first dibs.

Harry_Walker

With Barrett and Maguire-Drew (potentially) into the fold now we are just a striker away from a complete team now, personally don’t think Nazon will be missed if he does go especially with the potential of Baker coming in as well

Nick

Administrator
Would like him to stay as he obviously very talented striker (if he can change his attitude , work rate).

Would not want him to go on loan at any of our rivals.

Our defenders will have seen how to play against him, just watch the Carlisle game.

Go into a tackle with him early on, watch him roll about until he can come off.

Mucca Mad Boys

With Barrett and Maguire-Drew (potentially) into the fold now we are just a striker away from a complete team now, personally don’t think Nazon will be missed if he does go especially with the potential of Baker coming in as well

You mean the striker we already have on 12 goals? His name is McNulty

Otis

Would like him to stay as he obviously very talented striker (if he can change his attitude , work rate).

Would not want him to go on loan at any of our rivals.

No danger I don't think. Wolves have said they want to see him play at a higher level, so expect some League One side to snap him up.

Londonccfcfan

No danger I don't think. Wolves have said they want to see him play at a higher level, so expect some League One side to snap him up.

He will do very very well in league one. A bit more time to express yourself in that league, more balls played to feet.

larry_david

Worrying when we played morecambe and he got hauled off at ht. I remember posters asking if he was injury as the warm up was happening because he was stood around doing nothing. Thanks for the goals but bye bye

Mucca Mad Boys

Need more than one scoring striker, can’t pin all our promotion hopes on McNulty

The other striker have who’s on 8 goals, Nazon? We have matchwinners because McNulty is joint top on ‘matches won’ with his goals (4) and Nazon has ‘won’ 3 matches for us. Interestingly, both of their best runs of form have come playing alongside Biamou (could be coincidence). Not many teams have two ‘goal scoring’ strikers starting at the same time.

If anything, we need goals to come from other areas of the pitch, with the lose of Jones, we’ve lost goals from midfield. Also, in 2018 we need more goals from setpieces - I can only recall Grimmer’s goal at Grimsby from setpiece. The best strikers will fail to score in half the games they play in - so games need to be won when strikers are not scoring.

letsallsingtogether

We don't have to! We have Biamou remember!!
TBF no one trusted MR when he said McNulty would come good.
He saw something in him.
Maybe after a goal Biamou will get a little run going too:)

Otis

Bayliss looks like he could chip in.

Probably from the half way line he's that talented.

Hobo

TBF no one trusted MR when he said McNulty would come good.
He saw something in him.
Maybe after a goal Biamou will get a little run going too:)

I didn't buy into the criticism of McNulty.

Calista

Maybe I'm reading it differently, but to me it sounds fairly likely he'll stay with us. I like the player because he can sometimes do the unexpected, but I hardly think he's done so well here that higher-level clubs will be queuing up for him.

Can only presume that if we lose him there are other irons in the fire, and he's not exactly irreplaceable.

Otis

Maybe I'm reading it differently, but to me it sounds fairly likely he'll stay with us. I like the player because he can sometimes do the unexpected, but I hardly think he's done so well here that higher-level clubs will be queuing up for him.

Can only presume that if we lose him there are other irons in the fire, and he's not exactly irreplaceable.
He'll stay? He's gone back to Wolves and they have said they want to see him play at a higher level.

I would say his chances of coming back are no better than 0.00000000000000001%.

Hobo

Undoubtedly has talent and goals in him. But he needs to knuckle down and sort his attitude out. Needs to man up a bit. Still hasn't completely proved himself at this level, the grass isn't always greener.

Calista

He'll stay? He's gone back to Wolves and they have said they want to see him play at a higher level.

I would say his chances of coming back are no better than 0.00000000000000001%.

It says City are understood to be continuing talks with Molineux chiefs about an extension.

Robins: “I know their sporting director Kevin Thelwell really well and unless there’s a reason for them to move him on I think the appetite will be for him to stay with us.

But, again, if a team from a higher division come in for him then it might change things.”

So it’s not cut and dried. If Wolves can find a higher-level taker, he’ll probably go to them – but I’m still not sure he’s done enough with us to catch many people’s eye. And Wolves will obviously want to be sure he gets game time wherever he goes, which we’ve shown he will do here.

Having run the various factors through the special data analysis system I set up for this purpose, I’d put the chances of him staying at 0.57% ;)

mark82

It says City are understood to be continuing talks with Molineux chiefs about an extension.

Robins: “I know their sporting director Kevin Thelwell really well and unless there’s a reason for them to move him on I think the appetite will be for him to stay with us.

But, again, if a team from a higher division come in for him then it might change things.”

So it’s not cut and dried. If Wolves can find a higher-level taker, he’ll probably go to them – but I’m still not sure he’s done enough with us to catch many people’s eye. And Wolves will obviously want to be sure he gets game time wherever he goes, which we’ve shown he will do here.

Having run the various factors through the special data analysis system I set up for this purpose, I’d put the chances of him staying at 0.57% ;)

Hope he does say, he's a great option to have on the bench.

Nick

Administrator

Wasn't that said a while ago before the whole Carlisle / Morecambe / New Years Eve stuff?

Otis

I didn’t see that. Maybe the CT article has been updated.

I take it back then and promote the chances to the dizzy heights of 3.5%

Or maybe it is an old story like Nick says.

Nick

Administrator
I didn’t see that. Maybe the CT article has been updated.

I take it back then and promote the chances to the dizzy heights of 3.5%

Or maybe it is an old story like Nick says.

Yeah I think it was said at the start of December, maybe even that Q and A. It just gets included in other articles to bulk it out a bit.

Last edited:

ccfcricoh

Nazon - perfect as a super sub but if we can swap him out for someone more consistent that puts more effort in that'll be good business and i doubt we'll miss him too much

Hobo

We must not make the mistake of waiting and hoping?

Calista

Wasn't that said a while ago before the whole Carlisle / Morecambe / New Years Eve stuff?
Yeah, apologies, I thought the quotes sounded a bit familiar! God, that's deceptive recycled journalism from Andy Turner, although to be fair I normally like his coverage of things. The bit where it says "Speaking last month" looks like a standalone paragraph, but I suspect you're right in that it relates to whole of the rest of the article i.e. about two thirds of it!

However, the "City are understood to be continuing talks with Molineux chiefs about an extension" bit near the top is current I think?

My system is now showing 0.38% probability.

mark82

What we actually need is a Big Centre Forward who is strong and good at holding the ball up for McNulty and are midfield .

Like a Mick Ferguson or a Garry Thompson or a Mark Hateley or a Dion Dublin !

Biamou is not in the same class as the above !

The Academy is producing some good kids , but not a big Centre Forward, probably hard to come by or are being poached by the bigger clubs .

Tom Denton from Halifax. 6'7" and has a few goals in him. That's a big centre forward.

fatso

Nazon looks like a bad apple, it’s time to move him on, I wouldn’t want someone with a bad attitude in the squad.
We are desperate for a big dominant centre forward, and mcnulty or ponticelli
To feed off him.

Otis

Nazon looks like a bad apple, it’s time to move him on, I wouldn’t want someone with a bad attitude in the squad.
We are desperate for a big dominant centre forward, and mcnulty or ponticelli
To feed off him.
We don't want a bad apple, yet some are calling for Kyel Reid's return.

Users who are viewing this thread