Nazon (1 Viewer)

mark82

If Nazon doesn't stay then we need another striker. Otherwise don't think we will. Like others I'd like another big man to complement McNulty. I don't mind Biamou personally but if he is out there is no-one to play that role, and McNulty is better with a big man alongside him.

covcity4life

Maybe I'm reading it differently, but to me it sounds fairly likely he'll stay with us. I like the player because he can sometimes do the unexpected, but I hardly think he's done so well here that higher-level clubs will be queuing up for him.

Can only presume that if we lose him there are other irons in the fire, and he's not exactly irreplaceable.
My take on it as well

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
Put a rent boy and a bag of coke in his merc at Ryton, then sack him on those grounds to get him off the wage bill.

Grendel

Put a rent boy and a bag of coke in his merc at Ryton, then sack him on those grounds to get him off the wage bill.

I do know of someone who “chose an alternate career” having been caught in a not dissimilar event as described.

Grendel

oucho

Do we have a choice not to take him back?
How likely is it that Colchester will voluntarily renew his loan deal until the end of the season?

NortonSkyBlue

What we actually need is a Big Centre Forward who is strong and good at holding the ball up for McNulty and are midfield .

Like a Mick Ferguson or a Garry Thompson or a Mark Hateley or a Dion Dublin !

Biamou is not in the same class as the above !

The Academy is producing some good kids , but not a big Centre Forward, probably hard to come by or are being poached by the bigger clubs .
Let's discuss your assertion that Biamou is not in the class of top flight internationals/proven strikers.

covcity4life

Ok wolves confirmed hes back now

We need a new striker asap

Thanks for half a seaaon duck. Aome good goals and big ones too. Even his critics will admit he won us a fair few points ans helpes get us to fa cup 3rd roubd

no_loyalty

If Nazon doesn't stay then we need another striker. Otherwise don't think we will. Like others I'd like another big man to complement McNulty. I don't mind Biamou personally but if he is out there is no-one to play that role, and McNulty is better with a big man alongside him.

Andy Williams of Doncaster could be that man

Gaz71

Andy Williams of Doncaster could be that man

When Nazon first played I couldn’t take my eyes off him, now he’s gone it’s with a heavy heart I say good riddance, but if Andy Williams signed it would no doubt be the most wonderful transfer window time of the year.

JWC

Tom Denton from Halifax. 6'7" and has a few goals in him. That's a big centre forward.

I watched him against Leyton this season and he was immense. Won everything in the air, picked out team mates with flick-ons and scored with a decent strike too.

NorthernWisdom

Well , first have you seen him play and by that I mean actually at a game ?

Because any one who knows the game can see when a player is just not going to be a successful footballer ,
Good footballers know when to make a move to the ball, when to pass , it isnt just about speed or strength it's about instinct !
It's no good being 6'5" tall if you just stand still !
To be successful in football you have to be consistent , one good header or one good pass every two games just isn't good enough .

Let me give you just one name, Harry Kane the most complete centre forward in today's game , IMO .

Biamou is a nice guy but you do have to have a bit of skill to be successful !
So not only is he no Mark Hately, but he's no Harry Kane either.

I'm getting a lot of insight here.

NortonSkyBlue

You can't just leave it at that.

Because any one who knows the game can see when a player is just not going to be a successful footballer ,
Good footballers know when to make a move to the ball, when to pass , it isnt just about speed or strength it's about instinct !
To be successful in football you have to be consistent , one good header or one good pass every two games just isn't good enough .

Let me give you just one name, Harry Kane the most complete centre forward in today's game , IMO .

my fellow Sky Blue I have seen Biamou play and my response was how could anybody in their right mind think of him in the same breath as our previous strikers?

itsabuzzard

We don't want a bad apple, yet some are calling for Kyel Reid's return.
MR should be down at the barge-pole shop first thing tomorrow morning, get the longest one they've got, and show them both the door. I'm assuming MR emollient words about the Duck are just for public consumption - if someone evidently doesn't want to play for the shirt, then they should fuck off.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Didnt MR say after his Stupid booking at Lincoln that if he doesnt stay till end of season he will retrospectively fine him 1or 2 weeks wages.

Mucca Mad Boys

If Biamou is so bad, why have both our top scorers, McNulty and Nazon, been at their most productive playing alongside Biamou? People were bickering whether or not he got an assist v Chesterfield - to me, he didn’t get a direct assist, but if that defender has a free header, it doesn’t fall to McNulty and there is no goal.

If he adds goals to his game he’ll be a very good player for us.

Hobo

And Leicester fans say he looked absolutely shit when he was on loan to them. So it just goes to show how people can develop given a chance. Excellent example well done.

steve82

The enigma that is Nazon, I wasn't sold on him at the beginning, clearly had the ability and talent but his game wasn't there to link up with his mates. A good scoring run and unusual name made him a terrace favourite, however in the end his true colours came through and since the end of November his lack of application and work ethic was his undoing.

Needs to iron those out his game quickly, a lot of talent to throw away if he don't.

Thanks for the goals, memories of days like Swindon and Lincoln oh and them bizarre semi pro non league half time warm ups.

larry_david

There were warning signs in September about his attitude. Remember when he'd scored in a couple of successive games and the CET did a big article about his loan and they spun it in a positive light, to me it was all negative. When asked if he thought he'd stay the season (asked in fooking September btw!!) he replied something like 'well if Coventry are in the top two I think I might stay'. That to me just screams the wrong attitude, you're here pal because you need to learn the game and are not good enough for wolves. He sounded like he was doing us a favour!

ceetee

If Biamou is so bad, why have both our top scorers, McNulty and Nazon, been at their most productive playing alongside Biamou? People were bickering whether or not he got an assist v Chesterfield - to me, he didn’t get a direct assist, but if that defender has a free header, it doesn’t fall to McNulty and there is no goal.

If he adds goals to his game he’ll be a very good player for us.
A very good point. With Nazon and Ponticelli up front the defenders get free headers

wal3590

With Barrett and Maguire-Drew (potentially) into the fold now we are just a striker away from a complete team now, personally don’t think Nazon will be missed if he does go especially with the potential of Baker coming in as well

Where has this Baker talk come from? The Indian season doesn't finish for a while does it?

Hobo

Where has this Baker talk come from? The Indian season doesn't finish for a while does it?

Keep up. Injured and contract cancelled. Robins said he can train with us to get fit. How long a piece of string and a guy who hasn't played any football this season?

wal3590

Keep up. Injured and contract cancelled. Robins said he can train with us to get fit. How long a piece of string and a guy who hasn't played any football this season?
Jesus! Sorry wasn't aware. Could work then, seems the type who would still look after his fitness levels even when without a club

Users who are viewing this thread