Netflix - Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Otis

I've been waiting for this to come back for ages. I must talk about the first season more than I thought I did as I've had 5 people text me since yesterday saying that season 2 is out!
It's quite funny, because I seen only two reviews and one says it is not quite as good as the first series because Bryan Cranston is no longer in it and the other says it is better because Bryan Cranston is no longer in it.

Ha!

Anyway, really enjoying it. So many intricate little threads and storylines.

Really good show.

Last edited:

Otis

Annihilation. Movie just released on Netflix.

Was a cinema release in the States, but Netflix have it over here. Described as 'Far too clever for cinema.'

Has some excellent reviews.

Intelligent sci-fi/horror, starring Natalie Portman and Jennifer Jason Leigh and directed by Alex Garland, 28 Days Later and Ex Machina.

Excellent I would say. Really good film, despite some dumb character decision making within the film. Recommended.

Mr Panda

Just finished Mindhunter and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I enjoy TV shows like that and Narcos that are centred around true events and use real characters...in Mindhunters case the serial killers.

Great character development throughout

shmmeee

Annihilation. Movie just released on Netflix.

Was a cinema release in the States, but Netflix have it over here. Described as 'Far too clever for cinema.'

Has some excellent reviews.

Intelligent sci-fi/horror, starring Natalie Portman and Jennifer Jason Leigh and directed by Alex Garland, 28 Days Later and Ex Machina.

Excellent I would say. Really good film, despite some dumb character decision making within the film. Recommended.

Worth it if you don’t like horror?

hill83

It's quite funny, because I seen only two reviews and one says it is not quite as good as the first series because Bryan Cranston is no longer in it and the other says it is better because Bryan Cranston is no longer in it.

Ha!

Anyway, really enjoying it. So many intricate little threads and storylines.

Really good show.

Well. That was as good if not better than season 1. Loved it. You need to make a few leaps of faith as some of it is ridiculous but it is essentially oceans 11 the series. It even gets mentioned at one point which was funny.

Otis

Well. That was as good if not better than season 1. Loved it. You need to make a few leaps of faith as some of it is ridiculous but it is essentially oceans 11 the series. It even gets mentioned at one point which was funny.
Yeah. Loved it. So many threads going all at the same time.

Very clever and thoroughly entertaining.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The missus started watching Weeds, and therefore that means I'm watching it too.

It's actually pretty easy to watch and funny in places.

Bumberclart

The Defiant Ones is a really interesting trawl through the lives of Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine, all the way from childhood to the sale of the Beats business to Apple.
Definitely worth a watch if you're into music.

Otis

James Acaster has a few shows on there now, he is pretty funny! A bit strange, but funny.
Was going to post the exact same thing.

Have to take your hat off him to have 4 different stand-up shows all at the same time.

Just about every other comedian has one show and tours it for around a year or so.

James Acaster can be very, very funny at times. Don't think he's quite honed his act enough yet to make it the complete package, but when he is funny he is very funny indeed. I really like him.

Love his Kettering Town FC song too.

We should do that here for the City.

shmmeee

Watched Annihilation last night. Really really good. So good it wasn’t noticeable it was an action/thriller with an all female starring cast which is an achievement in itself.

Thought the end was a bit dodgy, but usually the case with these types of movies. Highly recommend it.

Reactions: vow

Otis

Watched Annihilation last night. Really really good. So good it wasn’t noticeable it was an action/thriller with an all female starring cast which is an achievement in itself.

Thought the end was a bit dodgy, but usually the case with these types of movies. Highly recommend it.
Glad you liked it.

Si80

The Defiant Ones is a really interesting trawl through the lives of Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine, all the way from childhood to the sale of the Beats business to Apple.
Definitely worth a watch if you're into music.
This is a brilliant 4 part programme. I watched it a while back but rewatching it now again. Crazy who Iovine has worked with and where Dre started out.

Another vote for Always Sunny In Philadelphia here too. I adore that show!

vow

My exact thoughts too, crazy/dodgy ending but very watchable.

Bumberclart

This is a brilliant 4 part programme. I watched it a while back but rewatching it now again. Crazy who Iovine has worked with and where Dre started out.

Another vote for Always Sunny In Philadelphia here too. I adore that show!

Dre has gone from Compton to THAT beach house. The boy done good.

Nick

Administrator
The fastest car, quite interesting.

Drags on (yeah, I made a pun about drag racing) but its not too bad a watch.

CCFCSteve

Documentaries
Precinct Seven Five
Gringo: The dangerous life of john mcafee
Amanda Knox
Icarus
Betting on zero

Boxset
The Killing

ps if you like offensive/brutal humour - Jim Jefferies

Sky_Blue_Daz

I can thoroughly recommend the Greg Davies stand up special

Bumberclart

Just finished watching the new Bare Knuckle documentary.
Not sure how I feel about it. The guy who organises the whole thing is a former gangland enforcer, and obviously a dangerous bloke, but some of the guys who fight have questionable mental stability.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Not sure how I feel about it. The guy who organises the whole thing is a former gangland enforcer, and obviously a dangerous bloke, but some of the guys who fight have questionable mental stability.
Was Thisbe on channel 4 a while back ?

Sky_Blue_Daz

There’s a documentary by Lenny McLean’s son on Netflix which you might enjoy/find interesting

Nick

Administrator

Yeah I saw it but had seen it before.

That big guy from Bradford got absolutely hammered by that bouncer.

Most of them do seem to have issues deep down

Bumberclart

The most disturbing one was the former Marine, who admitted that he had done some really bad stuff in his younger years. He treated every punch he took as as a punishment for former wrongdoings.
In his 5th fight he jumped in the ring with the UK heavyweight champion and got totally battered.

Nick

Administrator
The most disturbing one was the former Marine, who admitted that he had done some really bad stuff in his younger years. He treated every punch he took as as a punishment for former wrongdoings.
In his 5th fight he jumped in the ring with the UK heavyweight champion and got totally battered.
Which one was he? The one who worked fitting windows?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Was there an episode where a lad fought his mums boyfriend?

Users who are viewing this thread