Netflix - Recommendations (2 Viewers)

Otis

Am I allowed to NOT recommend something?

RuPaul's Drag Race!

All the kids are watching it. My daughter and all her friends.

Good God it's awful. Cheap, tacky, dumbed-down, mind-numbing and the sort of TV that makes me want to weep.

Dreadful. :(

Worse still I get my daughter then saying 'She is so beautiful, she looks like a woman.'

giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Daz

Won’t be to everyone’s taste but Louis Theroux’s follow up documentary about Jimmy Saville is on Netflix, some of the footage and savilles attitude to bbc employees is awful

Otis

Lost in space - enjoyed it a good cover version
I am struggling with it.

Looks great and has excellent production values, but find the stories literally plodding along.

Bosch is out in Amazon. New season. Would recommend it.

Otis

Anyone else caught today's Designated Survivor yet?

Such a shame to see Michael J Fox on there and struggling. Very mixed emotions from me. For one, I thought it was very brave of him to do it, but on the other hand he looked so lost and feeble and unfortunately I had to put the subtitles on because I just couldn't understand what he was saying. He was also really struggling with movement and his body (head and arms and hands) were constantly moving and you could see he was desperately trying to keep it all under control.

Anyone who didn't know of his condition would probably look at that and think 'what bad acting'.

Such a shame. He was great at comedic roles and also showed he could really act too and was excellent in Casualties of War. I've also read his autobiography and he seems a really decent and nice bloke.

Was very painful viewing for me today watching him in that episode.

Nick

Administrator
Watching it now, I don't know why. I thought he had died.

He's very slurry which is understandable with his illness but doesn't really fit with the type of character.

Otis

Watching it now, I don't know why. I thought he had died.

He's very slurry which is understandable with his illness but doesn't really fit with the type of character.
Yeah. It's out of sorts isn't it.

Nick

Administrator
The Greg Davies stand up is pretty good.

Like that comedians are putting stuff on Netflix, probably easier to get a one off big payment than try and push a DVD

vow

Oldie but a goodie: Lilyhammer.
Been binge watching it for a coupla weeks now, fills a small void of my fave show of all time, The Soprano's.
This is more of a comedy though.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Been binge watching it for a coupla weeks now, fills a small void of my fave show of all time, The Soprano's.
I watched the first series of that on bbc4 I think, I will give this a go

clint van damme

Have you heard they're making a film of the Sopranos. Angels of Newark or something like that? It's going to be a prequel and some of the original cast will be in it playing the parents of their original characters. My favourite Uncle Junior actor Dominic Chianese is going to be in it as well.

Reactions: vow

vow

Have you heard they're making a film of the Sopranos. Angels of Newark or something like that? It's going to be a prequel and some of the original cast will be in it playing the parents of their original characters. My favourite Uncle Junior actor Dominic Chianese is going to be in it as well.
I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up.
Did a bit of googling and found this article: The Many Saints of Newark
David Chase to make Sopranos prequel movie The Many Saints of Newark

Otis

Harlan Cobens SAFE - 10/10 my favourite author, so pleased Netflix are serialising some of his stuff
I did think the last TV incarnation, The Five was ridiculously over the top though. Almost laughable.

Enjoying this new one so much more, though it has taken me 2 and half episodes to come to terms with Dexter's weird and slightly odd English accent.

chiefdave

Anyone else caught today's Designated Survivor yet?
Been cancelled by ABC, apparently the total viewers was fine but the live & sameday weren't.

There are talks going on for Netflix to pickup the show as they have the rights everywhere except North America. Stumbling block seems to be that Hulu has the North American streaming rights.

Nick

Administrator
Been cancelled by ABC, apparently the total viewers was fine but the live & sameday weren't.

There are talks going on for Netflix to pickup the show as they have the rights everywhere except North America. Stumbling block seems to be that Hulu has the North American streaming rights.
It is dragging on a bit but still watch it every week.

Didn't even know it was on live

Otis

I like it, but do find it rather samey at times and the way they solve a global problem within one episode can be a bit laughable.

Easy enough viewing though.

Sky_Blue_Daz

A few recommendations
Still game ( I recommend it to everyone the first 4 series are brilliant)
Who took Jonny( incredible story)
Man v snake (documentary about a kid getting a world record score on an arcade game and trying g to beat it when he’s in his late 30s)

The resurrection of Jake the snake Roberts

King fu Elliot ( I can’t work out if this is a spoof )

Users who are viewing this thread