Next Sisu Out Protest? (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Nah!.... I'm NOPM against SISU. Why don't you get it through your skull? Nobody hates CCFC ffs!
My way differs to yours... Suck it up Buttercup.

I think the fact you aren't given money to CCFC to try and get at SISU shows that people are hurting CCFC to get at SISU....

Still, it isn't hard to see for most people.

Grendel

I'm willing to bet(If I was a gambler) that the missing 15-20k fans would go for it if it meant a "Clean slate" with the chance of decent, footballing owners in charge. There would be only one way to go, and that is up ;)

If we took the option of liquidation we'd be a couple of levels below the conference at best. We wouldn't attract 1,500 then and would need alternate ground as it would not be cost effective to play at the Ricoh.

Sky Blue Kid

I think the fact you aren't given money to CCFC to try and get at SISU shows that people are hurting CCFC to get at SISU....

Still, it isn't hard to see for most people.
It isn't hard for the missing 15-20k fans that no longer go to games that if you stop giving SISU money, they will f**k off. Such a pity that those that still present money to SISU will prolong their stay. Not exactly "Rocket Science"

italiahorse

If we took the option of liquidation we'd be a couple of levels below the conference at best. We wouldn't attract 1,500 then and would need alternate ground as it would not be cost effective to play at the Ricoh.
Unless Wasps run us as a pet project. Put a management company in (pair of chimps would be an improvement). 5 years would see us back in League 1 at the Ricoh and academy at Higgs.
Or continue this slow death.

Nick

Administrator
It isn't hard for the missing 15-20k fans that no longer go to games that if you stop giving SISU money, they will f**k off. Such a pity that those that still present money to SISU will prolong their stay. Not exactly "Rocket Science"

I think you are missing what you are talking about.

It is giving CCFC money isn't it? Therefore people are damaging CCFC to get at SISU.

Is it really that hard to understand? It is your decision, but let's not come on here calling people idiots for pointing out that that there is anger pointed at CCFC's way and that people are harming CCFC to try and get to SISU. It makes it even more ironic that you openly admit you are doing it too.

Nick

Administrator
Unless Wasps run us as a pet project. Put a management company in (pair of chimps would be an improvement). 5 years would see us back in League 1 at the Ricoh and academy at Higgs.
Or continue this slow death.

Wait a minute, so in 5 years they will have distressed us to get us where we are now?

I can't see the appeal.

Sky Blue Kid

I'll say to you, the same as I said earlier. A fresh start with new footballing owners would bring in big gates in the lower leagues for CCFC (ME INCLUDED) and possibly no more than 3-4 consecutive promotions to be back in the FL with a healthy financial backing from the fans. The alternative is a slow, painfull death, prolonged by SISU's existence at CCFC until liquidation. Do it now and get it over with ffs!

fernandopartridge

I'm willing to bet(If I was a gambler) that the missing 15-20k fans would go for it if it meant a "Clean slate" with the chance of decent, footballing owners in charge. There would be only one way to go, and that is up ;)

What missing 15-20k of fans? If the average gate last season was 12,570, that is 8k less than the highest average for 35 years or more (2005/06 avg was 21k, highest before that was 22,638 in 1977/78). The last time CCFC's average gate was 27k or more was 1970.

I assume all these missing fans had seen SISU on the horizon some 37 years before they arrived and stopped attending accordingly.

fernandopartridge

Well!... You're the one spouting off about CCC not making a "Compulsory Purchase Order" using Tax payers money... Go figure!

You're the one talking utter rubbish and you've been called out again. Councils use compulsory purchase powers, yes. I am not arguing that they don't. Why would they be willing to do so in this case, considering the actual situation in Coventry and the council's position.

italiahorse

What missing 15-20k of fans? If the average gate last season was 12,570, that is 8k less than the highest average for 35 years or more (2005/06 avg was 21k, highest before that was 22,638 in 1977/78). The last time CCFC's average gate was 27k or more was 1970.

I assume all these missing fans had seen SISU on the horizon some 37 years before they arrived and stopped attending accordingly.

It's less than 10K at the moment and dropping quickly. Expect 5K Xmas if the rot continues.

Nick

Administrator
You wouldn't, but we probably won't be in the FL in 5 years.
Do you actually believe things are improving ?

So this is what is going to happen.

Wasps are going to force us out of the Ricoh
Wasps and CSF are going to force us out of the Academy

They will try and distress us so they can pickup the name after liquidation.

They will then bring is back through the many leagues to get us back to League 1 playing at the Ricoh and having an academy?

Sky Blue Kid

We were getting 20-22k average gates just before and at the time, of SISU taking charge. Research mate before spouting s**t. what is our average home gate atm?... Over last 3 Home games approx 7k including away fans... 7k and 15k= 22k doesn't it? According to TF break even at that time was 22k... We were getting those crowds

skybluebeduff

It is giving CCFC money isn't it? Therefore people are damaging CCFC to get at SISU.

Is it really that hard to understand? It is your decision, but let's not come on here calling people idiots for pointing out that that there is anger pointed at CCFC's way and that people are harming CCFC to try and get to SISU. It makes it even more ironic that you openly admit you are doing it too.
short term pain for long term gain, which one would you choose?

Grendel

We were getting 20-22k average gates just before and at the time, of SISU taking charge. Research mate before spouting s**t. what is our average home gate atm?... Over last 3 Home games approx 7k including away fans... 7k and 15k= 22k doesn't it? According to TF break even at that time was 22k... We were getting those crowds

No we weren't it was 22,000 paying adults. Crowds were already declining and would have returned to our natural at Highfield road of 14,000.

Sky Blue Kid

You're the one talking utter rubbish and you've been called out again. Councils use compulsory purchase powers, yes. I am not arguing that they don't. Why would they be willing to do so in this case, considering the actual situation in Coventry and the council's position.
You're the one being "Called out" pal. CCC made a compulsory Purchase off the Gypsy owned land that the Ricoh now sits on. All done for CCFC Doh!!!

Sky Blue Kid

One last word on average gates..... to get a average gate of 22k. Doesn't there have to be a much higher gate receipts than 22k... Just wondering like :)

Grendel

Lmfao... I rest my case.

You've lost your case. Average spend was spiralling downwards. We've never averaged more than 20,000 home fans a season for as
long as I remember - we got some at 15,000 last season - you're big nopm view is isolated to you and a few other loonies I'm afraid.

Ashdown

Our 'plans'? Anderson was clear he was exploring every option including a long term deal at the ricoh, wasps broke off talks and refuse to negotiate because of 'noise'. All a clever negotiation tactic to distress the football club and leave then no choice but accept a last minute take it or leave significantly more expensive deal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think this is not far off the truth but what choice do we now have ? Our owners have got together a little group of self interested sycophants and have been lying through their back teeth about building a new stadium for years now !
CCFC's only bargaining strength in this is the volume of hungry and thirsty fans it can drag through the doors of the Ricoh 25 times a year to help satisfy the top boys at 'Compass' who will be grinding their teeth at the potential loss of footfall.

So this is what is going to happen.

Wasps are going to force us out of the Ricoh
Wasps and CSF are going to force us out of the Academy

They will try and distress us so they can pickup the name after liquidation.

They will then bring is back through the many leagues to get us back to League 1 playing at the Ricoh and having an academy?

Sisu are allowing this to happen. The 'distress' being caused is a result of their behaviours and inactivity.Everyone they deal with are fed up with them.
Its like sitting in the sun for hours without any sun protection and thought for your own health and well being and blaming the sun for your sun burn and all of the other people around you in not investing in sun cream for you. Sometimes you just have to act in a responsible manner and not blame everyone else for your own shortcomings.

Bruce the Boot

Ok Nick , Give us your vision for how things would be under the Sisu umbrella , if all stay away fans turned up 2 yrs lets say , where do you think the club would be at ?

Nick

Administrator
Sisu are allowing this to happen. The 'distress' being caused is a result of their behaviours and inactivity.Everyone they deal with are fed up with them.
Its like sitting in the sun for hours without any sun protection and thought for your own health and well being and blaming the sun for your sun burn and all of the other people around you in not investing in sun cream for you. Sometimes you just have to act in a responsible manner and not blame everyone else for your own shortcomings.

I thought it was Wasps who refused to negotiate and extension at the Ricoh?

Bruce the Boot

Welcome , may I suggest you purchase a safety helmet :)

Nick

Administrator
Ok Nick , Give us your vision for how things would be under the Sisu umbrella , if all stay away fans turned up 2 yrs lets say , where do you think the club would be at ?

I'd say the playing budget would be a lot better for starters, the added atmosphere might even help us grind out some results.

If we were getting shed loads of fans every week it would also give a statement that all we all care about is CCFC, screw everybody else. I doubt very much Wasps would want to take the piss and play games if we were getting 30k every week. The place would end up smashed up if they tried to boot us out.

Ian1779

You wouldn't, but we probably won't be in the FL in 5 years.
Do you actually believe things are improving ?

Usual stock response...

Get a question you can't or don't want to answer and you default to 'so you must be happy with SISU'

skyblueelephant76

The three main issues that people moan about at the moment are the lack of our own ground, the risk of losing the academy and lack of investment in the team. If we went out of business and started again in the lower leagues we still wouldn't have our ground and the money at the level would rule out the Ricoh as a viable option (not sure where these 20,000 fans would sit). We would lose the academy straight away and along with it any decent young players we have and then there would be no investment in the team.

The gap to the top divisions is getting greater than ever and we would be lucky to even get back to where we are now. We only have a core of around 10k supporters at best, the rest are fairweather fans who go when we are doing well or have a big game. The best chance we actually have is getting more people into the ground now, showing all of the parties concerned that there is potential and something worth investing in.

All NOPM will do is kill the club I support and I'll never be part of that.

Wasps said it themselves didn't they? Unless you think they are lying?

They also said that they were happy to discuss a way forward with the club until the club demended information in writing and didn't turn up to a planned meeting. I'm sure plenty has happened since that neither of us know about, but as always in these situations people tend to take the bit that supports their argument and ignore the rest, don't you agree?

So the truth is - we don't actually know the truth.
(As Grendel has subsequently confirmed in his/her post further down)

Users who are viewing this thread