Nfl (1 Viewer)

Otis

Depends on Joe Flacco and whether he blows hot or whether he blows cold.

He is very inconsistent, but on his day he is a very good quarterback and part of me thinks it could be a fairy tale end for Ray Lewis.

Another part of me though thinks it could once again be Tom Brady's year.

Darth Robins

I'm having a Gary Neville moment here. WRITTEN IN THE STARS!

Edit: never mind I hate this game now :(

Last edited:

Otis

What a game that was.

Convinced Seattle had it in the bag with just 31 secs to go.

That's American Football for you and why I love it so much. The score was 20-0 and then 27-7 at one point. That's like winning 3-0 in football.

Teams have come back from that though on a number of occasions in the NFL lately.

Money's now on the Brady bunch! So many weapons on the offence.

ajsccfc

I hated watching that. I knew that with 31 seconds still on the clock it'd be a tough watch, but to concede ground so quickly and then for him to miss the FG while being iced, you just knew he'd nail it. Icing never works!

Ah well, that's it for another 9 months or so.

Otis

How can you possibly hate that game? :D

It was fantastic stuff. A really thrilling match.

I would feel sorry for Seattle, but they botched it up in the first half when they went for that 4th down instead of trying a field goal and then allowing time to run out when Russell Wilson was sacked.

They could have had another 6 points on the board.

ajsccfc

It'd make for a great watch otherwise, but to go from complete no-hope to squeezing a lead with 30 seconds to that finish... drained.

Otis

It'd make for a great watch otherwise, but to go from complete no-hope to squeezing a lead with 30 seconds to that finish... drained.

Really enjoying this season. The change of rules has tipped the balance in favour of offences and there are now some new very quick, skilful QB's in the game such as RGIII, Wilson, Newton, Kaepernick, Luck etc..It's tipped the balance and made games more exciting than ever.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

mark82

Anyone watching tonight's games? Looking like an all Harbaugh final. Can't stand 49ers or Ravens. Really hoping Pats can turn it round but not looking good.

Otis

And they didn't.

i was rooting for Atlanta and New England, so bugger on that one.

Some crucial mistakes by the Pats tonight and that was very frustrating. Wes Welker dropped a simple catch on 3rd down that would have put in the Pats in and around the 20 and with a first down.

The terrible management of Brady of the time at the end of the first half. Was screaming at the tv for them to take a time out. Very bad mistake to let the time run down. The psychological effect of a touchdown there could have made a big difference.

2nd half and another relatively simple catch put down by Vereen and then Brady having the chance to run and get an easy first down and choosing not to take it.

Also, slightly unlucky in a couple of turnovers. The one with the running back, Ridley was within an inch of the ball being grounded and then that tipped interception could have gone anywhere, but just looped up into the air and straight into the arms of the defender.

Do think that the 49's will now be far too strong for the Ravens.

Think I will tape it and watch it in the morning as it could be over quite early.

Flying Fokker

This thread seems to have slipped on to the forum over the past couple of weeks without derision from the people who talk about egg chasers.

Anyway, Mini Fokker plays for Cov Jets in the first team (D)

He is 6ft 2 17 st God knows how many lbs

Last edited:

Otis

Fair play to him.

Used to follow them home and away way back when they were the Coventry Bears.

Haven't been to a game for many a year now though.

ajsccfc

Ray Lewis is never going to be allowed to retire, is he? They'll unearth some clause that a Superbowl win kicks an extra year off in his contract or something.

Otis

Just can't see them beating San Francisco though.

Think their defence is strong and they have a decent offence too as well as being strong on special teams.

Just think their all round game is too good.

Big fella

I stayed up and watched the pats game and was gutted, like you said the timeout before halftime was crucial. If a touch down was scored It would of put them in a great position heading into the 3rd quarter. Brady was playing at about 50% with to many failed drives. Was gutted!.

ajsccfc

I've got this Monday off as well as Superb Owl Monday, so I might watch the Pro Bowl. I hope it's like the NBA all-star game where they just show off and try the spectacular.

Darth Robins

I've got this Monday off as well as Superb Owl Monday, so I might watch the Pro Bowl. I hope it's like the NBA all-star game where they just show off and try the spectacular.

There's a bit of that, although generally it's like the last game of the season here when clubs have nothing to play for, it's more or less just a free trip to Hawaii for the players. There's been a lot of talk about scrapping it altogether, but since they changed it to be the week before the Superbowl rather than the week after it's been doing better ratings wise. Probably not worth staying up for though!

Otis

Never usually watch it myself.

Not the same intensity and treated a bit like a pre-season friendly.

ajsccfc

I'd be up until around that time anyway due to my super soaraway free Monday, but if it's nothing special I might just have it on as background noise rather than make a special effort.

Sky Blues

Do think that the 49's will now be far too strong for the Ravens.

Think I will tape it and watch it in the morning as it could be over quite early.

Don't be too hasty. If you look back a page or two, the Ravens were the only team I ruled out two games ago and they've gone on to prove me wrong - just like I guessed they would! I'm almost tempted to rule Coventry City out of promotion in the hope of achieving similar success! :)

Otis

And I ruled the Ravens in ... if you look back a page or two! ;)

49's put pressure on Flacco though and he'll make mistakes for sure. Depends how much pass protection he gets in the game to be honest.

Will now be rooting for the Ravens,but fear it's the 49's year.

Users who are viewing this thread