Northampton Protest Last Night (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
This time hammered their ground with the dodgy posters?

Has somebody nicked the O?

PM3100675-4872352.jpg

Were there any NTFC staff there?

RoboCCFC90

I am all for protesting but it has to have the right affect and unfortunately 15 people and a few dodgy Protest Posters won't help..

RoboCCFC90

You're wrong. It got media attention, so it was by definition a success.

Media Attention yes? Northampton's Chairman or SISU? I guess we will wait and see

Nick

Administrator
You're wrong. It got media attention, so it was by definition a success.

Doh, why does media attention make it a success? It could be on the front page of the sun for 2 weeks but if we still have to play there it hasn't been a success.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I am all for protesting but it has to have the right affect and unfortunately 15 people and a few dodgy Protest Posters won't help..
Nothing will help will it? We'll all give up then yes there's a good idea. Tell you what we'll let theses sharks do anything they like to our club you keep posting:facepalm:

RoboCCFC90

Instead of slating these passionate fans why don't you get of your ass and do something?

Please don't imply that I am not passionate about my club as a fan as you are mistaken for thinking otherwise. Also sounds very easy to type that from behind a computer..

SkyBlueSwiss

Doh, why does media attention make it a success? It could be on the front page of the sun for 2 weeks but if we still have to play there it hasn't been a success.

I would think that the Football League and the Football Association are aware of this protest. It is another straw, and who knows what effect it cumulatively might have had? It is certainly better than doing nothing.

Edit: and I would assume that politicians have noted this protest - another straw perhaps that might lead to government intervention into the corruption of football? It all adds up my friend.

Nick

Administrator
Instead of slating these passionate fans why don't you get of your ass and do something?

Read the other thread about the Ricoh, a lot of people are up for an alternative and it is being planned I think.

Just waiting for the Trust to help out ;)

Fair play for the fans to be able to get there at short notice when they probably work / have families, I just mean that the main aim shouldn't be getting as much media interest as possible. It should be getting the team back at the Ricoh, surely?

RoboCCFC90

Nothing will help will it? We'll all give up then yes there's a good idea. Tell you what we'll let theses sharks do anything they like to our club you keep posting:facepalm:

It needs to be in BIG numbers, Like I said (Which coincidentally you skipped) I am all for protesting but it needs to be in large numbers some of the ideas suggested are good but they need to be in the thousands of people not just a few it has no effect!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It needs to be in BIG numbers, Like I said (Which coincidentally you skipped) I am all for protesting but it needs to be in large numbers some of the ideas suggested are good but they need to be in the thousands of people not just a few it has no effect!
Thousands?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

RoboCCFC90

Big nombers you are joking:facepalm:

There was on idea last night from another thread;

Well then, lets see everyone, myself included, walk the walk.

While SISU FC play their first game of the season at sixfields. Lets all gather (and i mean all those people that have said they will only go to games at the ricoh) AT THE RICOH. Lets show SISU where the fans of ccfc want to be and from 3pm - 5pm camp out at the ricoh.

Bring deck chairs, bring food and drink, bring the joy seppalla statue and wear your sky blue with pride. We'll bring a boombox and listen to the match on the radio together, as fans!

To make it work, we have to have an attendance of more than those at sixfields, then we prove our point
And cancel out any fans that have travelled to northampton and help sisu's cause!

This is a cracking idea, maybe we could even speak to ACL and see about getting listening to the match on CWR from inside the Ricoh and we all pay about £5 to get in, people would turn up to that rather than to Northampton.

RoboCCFC90

Thousands?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Instead of mocking would you like to propose differently?

Nick

Administrator
There was on idea last night from another thread;

This is a cracking idea, maybe we could even speak to ACL and see about getting listening to the match on CWR from inside the Ricoh and we all pay about £5 to get in, people would turn up to that rather than to Northampton.

Hopefully the Trust can get involved and use their userbase to try and get people there :)

It may be a nice gesture if any profits could go to a local charity?

NTFC

I am concerned that the more you focus your protests on Sixfields the more it will encourage those nomarks who are ok with the move. I agree it is better to avoid the place altogether and organise a clear boycott.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Instead of mocking would you like to propose differently?
Listen we couldn't even fill thee of Fishers forums I agreed with the ideas last night good,but with the apathy of our fans you wont even get hundreds but then again that wont include you because from memory youre going to Northampton are'nt you. On the subject of mocking I sugget you look at yourself before you start accusing others :thinking about:

TurkeyTrot

Hopefully the Trust can get involved and use their userbase to try and get people there :)

It may be a nice gesture if any profits could go to a local charity?

So which is it Nick?
The trust to try to stop City playing at Northampton or to organise a big party at the Ricoh when they do?

psgm1

Banned
The nowhere man is under the impression that 10-15 people standing behind a shop dummy is doing something constructive. (did it say it was part of the protest - surely it isn't the one that is wearing the blue garb - perhaps found a use for nowhere man after all!).

If you consider looking like sad billy no mates then yes it has achieved that. If it thinks this is going to sway the league or sisu or even going to persuade other members to attend protests, then it is way way off target!

Great to see they have wasted even more of the fighting fund on a pointlessly elaborate banner! Maybe they can ask supporters direct to arrange anoter meeting with the league. Certainly that is the only way they got to meet them - certainly had nothing to do with the pathetic day trip to london (as verified by the Football league!)

Sky Blues Trust = Complete waste of vittels

Nick

Administrator
So which is it Nick?
The trust to try to stop City playing at Northampton or to organise a big party at the Ricoh when they do?

OK you want media attention.

What will get more, 14-15 people outside sixfields or a couple of thousand at the Ricoh listening to the game instead of travelling? There is plenty of notice too, so interest could be drummed up and and people could plan.

Most people would already have the day free as they would go to the football so in theory their schedule wouldn't change as they would be going to the Ricoh anyway, rather than doing a protest in the daytime with a day's notice? (Not having a dig, fair play to those who could make it).

People keep saying "Well what are you doing?" and "Why don't you come up with something?" but now they have it isn't good enough? Surely if a fair few people are interested then the Trust should jump on it and try and expand it? Not many people would want to stand outside chanting doing a protest but I think if it was more positive and less angry with something like the Ricoh radio idea more would partake?

Maybe make it a bit of a fun day, what about a face painter and something for the kids?

NTFC

Thinking about it you should protest outside the Football League's headquarters in Gloucester Place London (just off Hyde Park). The Spirit of Shankly group did it recently and blocked the road and got major publicity out of it. By doing this you would bring attention to your cause and gain support from those who believe that the Football League are not fit for purpose.

Seriously think about that one.

RoboCCFC90

Listen we couldn't even fill thee of Fishers forums I agreed with the ideas last night good,but with the apathy of our fans you wont even get hundreds but then again that wont include you because from memory youre going to Northampton are'nt you. On the subject of mocking I sugget you look at yourself before you start accusing others :thinking about:

What I do regarding to attending games isn't any of your business, but should it matter to you I have spoken to a lot of people (Friends and Family) who have convinced me not to attend games in Northampton. Well I suggest to you BHSB that instead of mocking opinions you find a worthwile arguement and then by all means slander..

dongonzalos

Read the other thread about the Ricoh, a lot of people are up for an alternative and it is being planned I think.

Just waiting for the Trust to help out ;)

Fair play for the fans to be able to get there at short notice when they probably work / have families, I just mean that the main aim shouldn't be getting as much media interest as possible. It should be getting the team back at the Ricoh, surely?

I think it was a fantastic effort I was shocked to see cov fans there that quickly doing something. Very very impressive considering all the factors.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Thinking about it you should protest outside the Football League's headquarters in Gloucester Place London (just off Hyde Park). The Spirit of Shankly group did it recently and blocked the road and got major publicity out of it. By doing this you would bring attention to your cause and gain support from those who believe that the Football League are not fit for purpose.

The "Supporters" of my club couldn't block an entry:facepalm:

dongonzalos

What will get more, 14-15 people outside sixfields or a couple of thousand at the Ricoh listening to the game instead of travelling? There is plenty of notice too, so interest could be drummed up and and people could plan.

Most people would already have the day free as they would go to the football so in theory their schedule wouldn't change as they would be going to the Ricoh anyway, rather than doing a protest in the daytime with a day's notice? (Not having a dig, fair play to those who could make it).

People keep saying "Well what are you doing?" and "Why don't you come up with something?" but now they have it isn't good enough? Surely if a fair few people are interested then the Trust should jump on it and try and expand it? Not many people would want to stand outside chanting doing a protest but I think if it was more positive and less angry with something like the Ricoh radio idea more would partake?

It doesn't matter which would get more, support those who went yesterday and encourage the Ricoh protest on the first day it all counts!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Youre back say it again banners etc FREE yes Im shouting at you because you're obviously hard of hearing. They were supplied by a fan. You will be pleased to know Im back in the trust and so is LAST I'm going out now back later this afternoon I expect your 15 page lunatic rant to be on my screen on my return. Bit of help for you, you are a bugger. Hope that gets you started:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

TurkeyTrot

We did and done it, even made it a Saturday so it would be easier for fans, we took about 40 down because "we should protest in Cov" "it won't make any difference" "I'm washing my hair" in fact every excuse under the sun not to go. Then those same fans said it wasn't a success because only 40 went.
Interestingly, a lot of other fans e mailed the trust with not only support but also financial support with the cost towards the coach etc that couldn't attend.

NorthernWisdom

Youre back say it again banners etc FREE yes Im shouting at you because you're obviously hard of hearing. They were supplied by a fan. You will be pleased to know Im back in the trust and so is LAST I'm going out now back later this afternoon I expect your 15 page lunatic rant to be on my screen on my return. Bit of help for you, you are a bugger. Hope that gets you started:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

I assume you quoted the wrong post for this reply?!?

dongonzalos

We did and done it, even made it a Saturday so it would be easier for fans, we took about 40 down because "we should protest in Cov" "it won't make any difference" "I'm washing my hair" in fact every excuse under the sun not to go. Then those same fans said it wasn't a success because only 40 went.
Interestingly, a lot of other fans e mailed the trust with not only support but also financial support with the cost towards the coach etc that couldn't attend.

I would imagine you get a few more now the realism is kicking in

Users who are viewing this thread