Northampton.... (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

£10.25 million due back in 3 weeks......ouch....has the club (chairman) got it?...or has it all been spent/invested/embezzled?

Grendel

£10.25 million due back in 3 weeks......ouch....has the club (chairman) got it?...or has it all been spent/invested/embezzled?

I'm sure he can ask his friend Garry Hoffman to help.

That's £1 sorted.

chiefdave

As the saying goes if you lie down with the devil you wake up in hell.

Only had a quick scan but it seems pretty likely they're headed towards admin. Now if there was a partially redevloped ground going on the cheap who might be interested?

Captain Dart

Looks like the local council are threatening to put the club into admin over unpaid monies.
Sounds familiar.

http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.u...Cobblers-pay/story-27867375-detail/story.html

Couldn't happen to a nicer fellow
_69686112_pa-16455482%281%29.jpg

No he hasn't got it. It has apparently vanished somewhere. Something to do with the company he used (run by his mate) to project manage the build.

The original loan was £12m so I think the £1.75m he has paid back so far was a combination of the sisu money and the loan paying the loan back.

He's basically saying the only way he can pay it back is to sell the club.

skybluetony176

No he hasn't got it. It has apparently vanished somewhere. Something to do with the company he used (run by his mate) to project manage the build.

The original loan was £12m so I think the £1.75m he has paid back so far was a combination of the sisu money and the loan paying the loan back.

He's basically saying the only way he can pay it back is to sell the club.

I thought it had been reported that it had already been paid back months ago?

Hope something gets sorted for the fans before it's too late. It sounds like someone needs some jail time over this. That amount of money doesn't just disappear into thin air. They're be a paper trail leading somewhere.

skybluetony176

Fair play to them, good to see fans standing up for there club and holding all sides accountable and demanding answers from all sides.

Reading the BBC website it sounds like two scheduled payments were missed and with no progress on the site and clear evidence of the money either being repaid or progress on the proposed takeover happening the council have acted to protect the public purse.

The language starting to sound very familiar. Although the circumstances are different.

Whatever happens you can guarantee that the football club it's self and the fans will take the brunt of any action.

Do you know what. I'd never thought I'd feel sorry for the Northampton fans after their lack of sympathy to us but actually I do. I hope our trust is ready to support their trust if it can and likewise us individually as fans if they call on the wider football community for help.

Perhaps another fix football type of petition is in order. Our trust joining together with Northampton Towns trust, Blackpool's trust, Leeds trust and any other trust who want to get involved for the FL/FA to look at how they approve people who own and are involved in the running of football clubs.

Of the back of the FIFA scandal too the iron could be hot.

Sick Boy

Once again the FL are severely lacking here!

I'm not sure I'd say their fans lacked sympathy towards us? The overwhelming majority didn't turn up and watch a higher level of football and the local media ignored us completely.

ccfctommy

Cannot believe some on here want them to go bust. Shocking! Peoples employment is at stake here you know...

lifeskyblue

Football fans should stick together. Whatever the rivalries we fans must stand as one. Cov, Blackpool, Pompey and now Northampton....all brought to the brink by irresponsible ownership. And it won't end here. The very fabric of the national game with 4 professional leagues, the best cup competition and clubs rooted in communities is at stake. How long before one then two then a flood of these clubs go to the wall.
Northampton fans should have the sympathy and good wishes of true football fans across the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Cannot believe some on here want them to go bust. Shocking! Peoples employment is at stake here you know...

Peoples employment was at stake at our club and in the local community when their wretched little club's owner and ​some of their fans welcomed our club to its home for the sake of a few quid. At least Walsall showed some solidarity and turned our request down.

I am sure we could send their mate Tim down to help them and we know a good quality administrator if they need one, tends to be a bit costly and not so good at finding things but will make sure the owner is well looked after.

I tend to agree with sick boy the football league are failing again and if there was anyway to do it that buffoon Clarke would be removed from his post.

skybluetony176

Once again the FL are severely lacking here!

I'm not sure I'd say their fans lacked sympathy towards us? The overwhelming majority didn't turn up and watch a higher level of football and the local media ignored us completely.

You should have tried reading their forum at the time. It wasn't exactly full of brotherly love for fellow football fans. Mocking is the word I'd use with the exception of lift tower who has posted on this thread and he got ganged up on GMK style for it.

Still that's by the by now. Fellow football fans are probably going to need support from the rest of the football community and we should (where we can) support them.

vincy

Yes I know what People are saying about the comments from their fans when we moved to sixfields. I couldn't believe some of what their lot were saying at the time, but it's only the vocal minority. Same as on here really.

I could see it from their point of view that they were being painted as the villains, when all they wanted to do was support their team so they reacted against us.

Interesting story though. The comparisons with them trying to arrange an effective protest are uncanny. Hope this works out some way for their fans

Sick Boy

I look forward to the days when idiotic owners and councils stop playing God with the history and traditions of football clubs.

italiahorse

You should have tried reading their forum at the time. It wasn't exactly full of brotherly love for fellow football fans. Mocking is the word I'd use with the exception of lift tower who has posted on this thread and he got ganged up on GMK style for it.

Still that's by the by now. Fellow football fans are probably going to need support from the rest of the football community and we should (where we can) support them.

It was only a few of their fans not all of them !!
Bit like Grendel on the Wasps board before he got banned.

Sick Boy

Yes CCC should never have voted to finish building the Ricoh. We should have been left with no ground !!

We still don't have a ground of our own though, do we? It would have been far better if the council had never got involved. Along with sisu they have completely screwed the club over.

It would have been far better if we had gone into administration as soon as we were relegated from the premireship and itv digital wenter bust.

chiefdave

Yes CCC should never have voted to finish building the Ricoh. We should have been left with no ground !!

Of course we'll never know but I suspect if CCC hadn't got involved the likes of Robinson and McGuninity would have looked to get out. A new owner may well have decided the new ground was a bad idea and exercise the buyback clause on HR.

Yes I know what People are saying about the comments from their fans when we moved to sixfields. I couldn't believe some of what their lot were saying at the time, but it's only the vocal minority. Same as on here really.

I could see it from their point of view that they were being painted as the villains, when all they wanted to do was support their team so they reacted against us.

Interesting story though. The comparisons with them trying to arrange an effective protest are uncanny. Hope this works out some way for their fans
like you say, messageboard fans are a small minority and gobshite ones are an even smaller minority. most fans who go to sixfields just support their team and couldn't care less about the off the field stuff. Whether it's coventry, cardoza or the council.

I'm sure hereford and boston had their fair share of those sort of fans too.

As for the council, they originally financed and built sixfields in the 90s and gave both the rugby club and the football club multi million pound loans to improve their stadiums. I would say their only mistake was not putting things in place to make sure the loans were used properly. In the rugby club's case it wasn't needed as they are a properly run outfit and their new stand is nearly finished already even though the work only started at the end of the season, whereas we are run by a dodgy spiv.

I had a feeling back in July 13 that our deal had the potential to go wrong the same way the coventry deal did when our fans were taking the piss. Was sorry to be proved right.

Word on the grapevine yesterday is that we will be ok, but I joined the trust anyway just incase.

letsallsingtogether

like you say, messageboard fans are a small minority and gobshite ones are an even smaller minority. most fans who go to sixfields just support their team and couldn't care less about the off the field stuff. Whether it's coventry, cardoza or the council.

I'm sure hereford and boston had their fair share of those sort of fans too.

As for the council, they originally financed and built sixfields in the 90s and gave both the rugby club and the football club multi million pound loans to improve their stadiums. I would say their only mistake was not putting things in place to make sure the loans were used properly. In the rugby club's case it wasn't needed as they are a properly run outfit and their new stand is nearly finished already even though the work only started at the end of the season, whereas we are run by a dodgy spiv.

I had a feeling back in July 13 that our deal had the potential to go wrong the same way the coventry deal did when our fans were taking the piss. Was sorry to be proved right.

Word on the grapevine yesterday is that we will be ok, but I joined the trust anyway just incase.

Wow you joined the trust. That's brave..
Just wait for the backlash now, like the one we get on here.

skybluetony176

Just reading on the hotel end NT forum that there are rumours abound that Northamptonshire police fraud squad have paid the club a visit and it's a follow up on previous visit(s). Obviously not a sign of something untoward has happened but I can't imagine that this is routine.

skybluetony176

Going from bad to worse for Northampton now. The proposed takeover from a London based Indian consortium has fallen through although Cardozy says he's already in advanced talks with other parties.

Users who are viewing this thread