Northampton.... (1 Viewer)

What are they likley to do? With so much taxpayers money involved they will have to do something, especially with the rumours of fraud investigations and money not going where it should.
Maybe take the land/stadium back the club have a lease on.

Its a tough one for them as they won't want to look like the bad guys or incompetent for the way they arranged and monitored the loan and there are politician's reputations involved including the newly elected MP for Northampton who was leader of the Council at the time of the loan.

Grendel

What are they likley to do? With so much taxpayers money involved they will have to do something, especially with the rumours of fraud investigations and money not going where it should.

Councils don't put clubs into admin - well other than ours.

Captain Dart

chiefdave

Didn't SISU / whoever do it so they could have an advantage over it being done by somebody else which was going to happen? Something like they could pick the company who did the administration?

That's exactly what happened. ACL wanted to put the club into administration. After they made their application SISU moved to take action first so they got their choice of administrator.

STATEMENT FROM ARENA COVENTRY LIMITED 13 MARCH 2013:
The Board of Arena Coventry Limited (ACL) announces that it has made an application to the High Court in London to request that it make an administration order against Coventry City Football Club (CCFC). The application relates to CCFC's failure to pay ACL £1.3m in rent that ACL is lawfully owed for CCFC's use of the Ricoh Arena.

jimmyhillsfanclub

That's exactly what happened. ACL wanted to put the club into administration. After they made their application SISU moved to take action first so they got their choice of administrator.

Why has this subject NEVER been discussed on here before.........:wave::whistle:;)

Captain Dart

Looks like HMRC have got in before the council take any action and have issued a winding up order.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34538252

2fb1f0ff1589fb03ffa4814f3aef0929.jpg

eastwoodsdustman

I'm sure that they'll come to some sort of agreement. People really should empathize a bit more. There but for the grace of god and all that stuff.

skybluetony176

The Hotel End forum is pretty downbeat at the moment unsurprisingly. Just been on having a look and some fans are daring to utter the words "not one penny more".

Yeah Contractor received less than £500k.
up to now out of £3.5m
Where has the other ten gone?
https://twitter.com/Iest_ntfc/status/656131923308380160/photo/1
Grossman was one of cardoza's cronies and is listed as a director on many of the (bankrupt) companies involved in the failed redevelopment. Funny how a bankrupt guy can afford a private jet isnt it. By the way our local rag has done zero investigative journalism on this whole saga so remember that the next time you lot are slagging off the simon and the telegraph!

Last edited:

Gazolba

Fellow strugglers like us. But for TM, we could be in their position now.

NorthernWisdom

Fellow strugglers like us. But for TM, we could be in their position now.

tbf they have a top manager in my view.

Frightening though, really. Northampton may not be a 'big' club, but the town's more than big enough it should, really, have a team capable of punching its weight in our division at least.

With MK progressing, and Northampton Saints on the ascendency, it could be worrying times long term if this isn't sorted out. Hope they do - despite everything I have a soft spot for the club as much because among my earlier footballing awareness was Graham Carr taking a bunch of Nuneaton lads there and storming the bottom division.

despite everything I have a soft spot for the club as much because among my earlier footballing awareness was Graham Carr taking a bunch of Nuneaton lads there and storming the bottom division.
ah yes my first season as a fan. 99 points and 102 goals scored that year as we stormed division four. Can name pretty much all of that team. Its been all downhill since then.

Covstu

https://twitter.com/Iest_ntfc/status/656131923308380160/photo/1
Grossman was one of cardoza's cronies and is listed as a director on many of the (bankrupt) companies involved in the failed redevelopment. Funny how a bankrupt guy can afford a private jet isnt it. By the way our local rag has done zero investigative journalism on this whole saga so remember that the next time you lot are slagging off the simon and the telegraph!

our lot didnt do much investigative journalism at the time either!!

our lot didnt do much investigative journalism at the time either!!
I'm thinking specifically of that time where they did a freedom of information request asking all the surrounding councils if they were in talks with sisu re the new stadium. Basic fact checking that revealed SISU as liars without actually calling them that. Cardoza has denied on camera in meetings with the supporters having any direct association with the companies he tasked with the redevelopment only for fans with access to the companies house website to discover later he was a director on said companies! It wouldn't have been hard for the chronicle and echo to do this too.

NorthernWisdom

I'm thinking specifically of that time where they did a freedom of information request asking all the surrounding councils if they were in talks with sisu re the new stadium. Basic fact checking that revealed SISU as liars without actually calling them that. Cardoza has denied on camera in meetings with the supporters having any direct association with the companies he tasked with the redevelopment only for fans with access to the companies house website to discover later he was a director on said companies! It wouldn't have been hard for the chronicle and echo to do this too.

I hesitate to bang on, but FOI really not the way to go.

If a council wants to keep an answer hidden, it's all in the wording.

This is what I mean about FOI hiding a multitude of sins. When it comes to the Wasps deal, it's hidden behind commercial confidentiality, when it comes to SISU, we get the most literal of answers that says something, but ultimately nothing.

Oh for the old days and buying a moustachiod man a pint in a dingy smoke-filled pub!

duffer

It doesn't matter to me that Northampton fans didn't rise up against our ground share with them. That's history and the blame for it doesn't lie with them.

I don't want any club to go under because of the crap actions of their owners.

Users who are viewing this thread