Match Thread Nottingham Forest (H) (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

Daughter tested positive gonna have to isolate and miss the game !!!! Bollox

That's a shame Pete, hope she ok. Least u can watch it on the TV so all hope is not lost and u be there in spirit ...PUSB

Bugsy

JulianDarbyFTW

The pessimist in me says a loss. Hughton's a very good manager at this level, and we don't tend to get going until the first few games of the season are chalked off. I'm going for an undeserved 0-3 defeat.

Last edited:

skybluesam66

so my estimate of seats left or ones not being sold

blocks 14 - 22 there are around 660 seats left
away end holds 6000 - so leaves 2200 empty in the away section
block 23 400
block 24 700
25 -26 1800
27 800
28 500
29 500
30 500
31-32 1800
33 800
34-35 100
36-a 50
1-3 150

all approx but around 11,000 seats either unsold or not available for sale
Suggests we are close to 21000 at the minute

clint van damme

All the best Pete, hope you and your family are OK,?
Your daughter wasn't at any of the events in town last weekend was she?
They seem to have been responsible for a mini local surge, can only see crowds at the football doing the same

Covkid1968#

What a shame…..hope all ok. Pack of beer in front of the TV is the order of the day. Our 1st competitive game back requires you to be in a full kit and a bobble hat though…. No excuses Pete.

theferret

Yes we did. 'Your grounds too big for you' was sung every week and us, Middlesbrough and Reading were always mocked on the older forums like 606 back when they were a thing for not being able to fill our grounds.

It was sung occasionally, and most often in League 1 and I'm sure we've sung it plenty ourselves at others. In the Championship our average gates were between 17.5K and 21.5K apart from our relegation season when it slipped. Comfortably top half of the division, which it will be again this season.

theferret

Do you have to miss it though? If you are double vaccinated and if you do a test on the morning of the game and it is negative, why do you have to isolate? We're only a few days away from that being official government advice anyway, but it has been what most people have been doing for months.

Hope she is OK of course, but being a youngun I'm sure she will shrug it off.

Sky Blue Pete

Do you have to miss it though? If you are double vaccinated and if you do a test on the morning of the game and it is negative, why do you have to isolate? We're only a few days away from that being official government advice anyway, but it has been what most people have been doing for months.

Hope she is OK of course, but being a youngun I'm sure she will shrug it off.
Rule is 10 days of isolation for the household. It is likely to change on august 16th you are correct but that’s not for 10 days

theferret

Rule is 10 days of isolation for the household. It is likely to change on august 16th you are correct but that’s not for 10 days

Sorry Pete, not judging you, but I'm baffled by this. People seem to have lost the ability to think rationally and properly assess risk.

So, despite being double vaccinated (recently, so you're as protected from this as you're ever going to be, this is as good as it gets), and despite testing NEGATIVE (assuming you do), you would deny yourself something that means so much? You do realise you cannot pass on a virus that you don't actually have - that's biology!

Anyway, look, your choice and I hope you don't catch it (tbh that is of course a real possibility) and can enjoy the game on TV with a clear head and a beer.

One thing though, my eldest had two false positives with the LF test, and was negative with the PCR test. She just had a cold both times, so make sure you check with a PCR test if you haven't already.

Last edited:

skybluesam66

They underachieved last season and current form? It’s the first game of the season.
you need to lighten up and accept everything said on here isn't serious - current form was of course tongue in cheek
We underachieved up until November also
Robins is also a decent manager
Neither manager will be playing on Sunday however

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry Pete, not judging you, but I'm baffled by this. People seem to have lost the ability to think rationally and properly assess risk.

So, despite being double vaccinated (recently, so you're as protected from this as you're ever going to be, this is as good as it gets), and despite testing NEGATIVE (assuming you do), you would deny yourself something that means so much? You do realise you cannot pass on a virus that you don't actually have - that's biology!

Like I say, people seem to have lost the ability to assess risk, either for themselves or others. A fully vaccinated person who doesn't have the virus shouldn't worry about sitting close to other fully vaccinated people outdoors where the risk of transmitting the virus you don't have is pretty small.

Anyway, look, your choice and I hope you don't catch it (tbh that is of course a real possibility) and can enjoy the game on TV with a clear head and a beer.

One thing though, my eldest had two false positives with the LF test, and was negative with the PCR test. She just had a cold both times, so make sure you check with a PCR test if you haven't already.
Yep that’s this morning. And it’s more I don’t know whether I’m positive as it can fester for a few days even though I could still transmit it. That’s the thing. I’m not fearful myself I am bothered not to pass it on to other people. Other than that I completely agree with you about risk. The only thing I’d say is I think there are as many people who are risk averse as there are risky otherwise the virus wouldn’t transmit

theferret

Yep that’s this morning. And it’s more I don’t know whether I’m positive as it can fester for a few days even though I could still transmit it. That’s the thing. I’m not fearful myself I am bothered not to pass it on to other people. Other than that I completely agree with you about risk. The only thing I’d say is I think there are as many people who are risk averse as there are risky otherwise the virus wouldn’t transmit

Like I say, really hope you manage to swerve it and all is well with the family. I would certainly go the game if I tested negative before I left the house, but we all make different choices, and I wasn't having a pop so hope it didn't come across like that, but I do get frustrated by some of the irrationality at times.

Frostie

It was sung occasionally, and most often in League 1 and I'm sure we've sung it plenty ourselves at others. In the Championship our average gates were between 17.5K and 21.5K apart from our relegation season when it slipped. Comfortably top half of the division, which it will be again this season.

Not sure that's right.

Our combined average of every year in the Championship whilst at the Ricoh is only 18,112.

We only ever averaged 17.5k or higher in the first 3 seasons there with it dramatically decreasing year on year.

Bugsy

The Sky Bet Championship game is a 4:30pm kick-off at the Coventry Building Society Arena, however we are encouraging all fans to arrive early, with a crowd expected of over 20,000.

be a great atmosphere Sunday...PUSB

Last edited:

KenilworthSkyBlue

They definitely did for the first half of the season, plus Hughton is a very decent manager.

Did they really underachieve?

Granted they had a solid squad on paper going into the season but in hindsight poor recruitment in the summer coupled with Grabban perhaps now feeling the affects of his age left them completely disjointed.

The deficiencies within the squad showed even after Hughton's appointment. As their upturn in form mid-season was followed by similar form that left them in the bottom three in the first few months of the season.

Given they've only signed a reserve GK they need to start addressing their issues especially in front of goal otherwise I can't see them faring any better this season.

lifeskyblue

Sorry to hear that your daughter has COVID. Hopefully, as long as you dont also get it, it will only be one home game you miss. Hope she recovers quickly and you able to watch the Forest game on TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bugsy

Users who are viewing this thread