Oh Jeremy Corbyn (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

HAHA!! No one on here likes Farage apparently, but criticise him and there's a fanboy jumping straight to his defence!
Remember, Hope not hate took him to court but his lying remarks were actually directed at Brendan Cox who's wife had been murdered, Farage is a scumbag.

Laughable.

I stated a fact. He wasn’t criticized. A lie was told about him paying 100k and I corrected it and Mart had the decency to admit it.

Sorry what’s your problem again?

clint van damme

Laughable.

I stated a fact. He wasn’t criticized. A lie was told about him paying 100k and I corrected it and Mart had the decency to admit it.

Sorry what’s your problem again?

Brendan Coxs wife was murdered by a right wing extremist, farage then accused Cox of being an extremist himself live on radio. Today he was forced to apologise. But it's important to you to point out he hasn't paid any compensation?!
You agree with the decision to make him apologise?

martcov

Of course he lies he is a politician.

You say hypocritical Mart but you just said he had to pay 100k and he didn’t and you said in your last reply to CD you see so many inaccurate things on here. Just saying.

Apparently he did in costs:

„Hope not Hate said Farage had fully covered his own legal costs, apart from a half-day administrative hearing where the two parties split the costs between them. The group said Farage was left with costs of around £100,000.

Lowles said of Farage’s statement: “He’s picking at straws and trying to find any crumb of comfort; this is not a victory for him, it’s a humiliation.”“

Kingokings204

Brendan Coxs wife was murdered by a right wing extremist, farage then accused Cox of being an extremist himself live on radio. Today he was forced to apologise. But it's important to you to point out he hasn't paid any compensation?!
You agree with the decision to make him apologise?

Yes of course.

And yes you’re right it’s important to me the facts are shown. He hasn’t paid money when it was stated on here he did. That’s all.

clint van damme

Yes of course.

And yes you’re right it’s important to me the facts are shown. He hasn’t paid money when it was stated on here he did. That’s all.

Fair comment. The headlines say £100,000 court case. I think it's natural to assume that means some sort of payout even thought that may not be the case.

Kingokings204

He has to pay his costs of 100000.

His costs aren’t 100k. Anyway it’s not the point. I was just Correcting your original quote.

I think CVD summed it up well the last post so let’s leave it there.

martcov

Yes of course.

He will have to pay his share of the costs. 100000 €, whatever he says. He didn’t win and was forced to say he will not repeat what he said, he has stated that hope not hate is not violent. The opposite of what he originally claimed.

Had he won, he would’ve stuck to his claims.

But, as you say, he is a liar and is trying to twist the facts.

martcov

His costs aren’t 100k. Anyway it’s not the point. I was just Correcting your original quote.

I think CVD summed it up well the last post so let’s leave it there.

His costs are 100000 £ if both sides are paying their costs. Which would be the case as neither got what they wanted. He has retracted and said he will not repeat his claims.

So, in effect, he does have to pay 100000 £. Not in compensation.

Kingokings204

He will have to pay his share of the costs. 100000 €, whatever he says. He didn’t win and was forced to say he will not repeat what he said, he has stated that hope not hate is not violent. The opposite of what he originally claimed.

Had he won, he would’ve stuck to his claims.

But, as you say, he is a liar and is trying to twist the facts.

He is a liar but he publicly apologized at least and now let’s move on.

martcov

He is a liar but he publicly apologized at least and now let’s move on.

Yes ok. But..
“In a desperate attempt to save face, Nigel Farage is creating a smokescreen about costs. We agreed to pay our own. According to Farage’s own lawyers, this will mean he has to pay in access of £100,000.”

So, who does one believe? A known politician/liar, or a charitable organisation wrongly accused ( according to the accuser ) of being a violent organisation?

Astute

HAHA!! No one on here likes Farage apparently, but criticise him and there's a fanboy jumping straight to his defence!
Remember, Hope not hate took him to court but his lying remarks were actually directed at Brendan Cox who's wife had been murdered, Farage is a scumbag.
Just like nobody defends Juncker. But look what happens when you mention him being PM and finance minister for Luxembourg when the tax dodge that has cost billions each year to EU countries started.

Astute

No. I am not going to repeat what you have already read in essay form. I think you are well capable of understanding the EU if you want to, but you don’t want to admit that it is at least, if not more democratic than the UK system.
The biggest problem I see is that the national governments have too much power. There should be more power vested in the EU parliament. It would take away the veto rights which work in, say, Luxemburg and Malta‘s case when we are talking about tax dodging.

I am not attempting to change the topic, but you sometimes throw news into threads. Just thought I would, seeing as Farage keeps getting shown for what a what a cxxt he is.
We all know Farage is a c#nt. But at times he talks more sense than the EU.

You go on about the EU having more power. That would be something to be worried about. Juncker would have got his one pilot steering the ship EU enterprise. We would have the EU army and lost all of our own national forces. They would have the right to take over our fiscal policies.

And that is just for starters.

martcov

We all know Farage is a c#nt. But at times he talks more sense than the EU.

You go on about the EU having more power. That would be something to be worried about. Juncker would have got his one pilot steering the ship EU enterprise. We would have the EU army and lost all of our own national forces. They would have the right to take over our fiscal policies.

And that is just for starters.

Exactly the opposite.

The EU Parliament is the directly elected body of 750 MEPs. Their power is restricted by national governments- like Juncker‘s Luxemburg who have veto power. Things would get done if the parliament had more power and it would be more democratic as people vote directly for MEPs.

More power is not all power.

The European Defence Union is voluntary. 23 have signed up, the rest haven’t. No mention at all about replacing national armies.

If the parliament were strengthened, how would the Commission and Council have more power? It would be the opposite.

There are no proposals for anyone to take over all fiscal measures. There should be a cohesive policy to reduce the differences in corporation tax and VAT. Which is a way of stopping people like Juncker.

In actual fact, by not wanting theses measures, you are constantly on Juncker’s side. Then you accuse me of defending him. A joke.

Sick Boy

Indeed he is an utter scumbag. I believe he said that Mr Cox knows a lot about extremists. Yes he does you vile twat, an extremist who no doubt got more and more agitated by your agenda.

Last edited:

Astute

Exactly the opposite.

The EU Parliament is the directly elected body of 750 MEPs. Their power is restricted by national governments- like Juncker‘s Luxemburg who have veto power. Things would get done if the parliament had more power and it would be more democratic as people vote directly for MEPs.

More power is not all power.

The European Defence Union is voluntary. 23 have signed up, the rest haven’t. No mention at all about replacing national armies.

If the parliament were strengthened, how would the Commission and Council have more power? It would be the opposite.

There are no proposals for anyone to take over all fiscal measures. There should be a cohesive policy to reduce the differences in corporation tax and VAT. Which is a way of stopping people like Juncker.

In actual fact, by not wanting theses measures, you are constantly on Juncker’s side. Then you accuse me of defending him. A joke.
Have you ever considered being a comedian?

If this post wasn't a joke you should consider becoming an MP.

Captain Dart

There should be a cohesive policy to reduce the differences in corporation tax and VAT.

There is on VAT, corp tax policy is coming, didn't you know!
European Union VAT directive. The aim of the EU VAT directive (Council Directive 2006/112/EC of 28 November 2006 on the common system of value added tax) is to harmonize VAT within the EU VAT area, and specifies that VAT rates must be within a certain range.

Gavin McLoughin: France and Germany planning assault on Ireland's corporation tax - Independent.ie

Captain Dart

Jezza has a special friend.. :emoji_lizard:

Philosorapter

Perfect, you couldn't make this shit up.

Does White realise they are in check?

And about to lose a Queen.

And the board is set up the wrong way round?

Never mind, grab the pawn and take the photo. No one will ever notice.

mrtrench

This explains what I have been reading on social media politics discussions. So many people writing that the Tories want to increase debt because they get the money from their friends the Rothschilds... So many people who respond that I'm naive when I explain to them how the country really raises debt. :banghead:

skybluegod

Andrew Marr has ruined John McDonnell this morning. Really just proves how Labour hasn’t costed it- it’s all ifs and buts, and ‘we think but don’t know’. It’s so worrying.
The ideas are good, but he has no answer as to how much they will cost, or how much they will return.

Sick Boy

Andrew Marr has ruined John McDonnell this morning. Really just proves how Labour hasn’t costed it- it’s all ifs and buts, and ‘we think but don’t know’. It’s so worrying.
The ideas are good, but he has no answer as to how much they will cost, or how much they will return.

The Tories are often just as bad, yet it's strangely quiet when it's Hammond or Johnson.

clint van damme

why is it worrying, they're not in Government.
You should be focusing on what the government are up to.
Same thing is going on in the States, all sort of shit going on with Trump so the right wing press is focusing on Hilary, she's an irrelevance. It's all a smoke screen, can't believe people fall for it.

mrtrench

Same thing is going on in the States, all sort of shit going on with Trump so the right wing press is focusing on Hilary, she's an irrelevance. It's all a smoke screen, can't believe people fall for it.

Well it all depends on your views on how successful Labour would be if they gained power. I believe it would be an unmitigated disaster. And then I see a weak government; a weak PM and Labour winning in the opinion polls. I'd go as far as to say that this is one of the issues most prevalent in my mind presently. So, that's why some people, me included, are very interested in everything they say.

clint van damme

Well it all depends on your views on how successful Labour would be if they gained power. I believe it would be an unmitigated disaster. And then I see a weak government; a weak PM and Labour winning in the opinion polls. I'd go as far as to say that this is one of the issues most prevalent in my mind presently. So, that's why some people, me included, are very interested in everything they say.

you've got a point as to why people should be interested, but they get more scrutiny than the government, that can't be justified can it?
I'm at work today so don't know who Marrs other guests were but following on from Mays visit to Sweden and the fracas with the Irish PM not to mention the British citizen jailed in Iran surely Labours spending policy should be well down the list of priorities and as many members of the cabinet as possible should have been on?

skybluegod

Is that the only argument you have- they aren’t in government so they don’t have to prepare, or back up their points- they can’t call themselves a government in waiting but not actually have any clue of how to fund what they promise.
As I have just said- once I see the budget I will focus on it, but that’s not until next week is it?

skybluegod

you've got a point as to why people should be interested, but they get more scrutiny than the government, that can't be justified can it?
I'm at work today so don't know who Marrs other guests were but following on from Mays visit to Sweden and the fracas with the Irish PM not to mention the British citizen jailed in Iran surely Labours spending policy should be well down the list of priorities and as many members of the cabinet as possible should have been on?

They don’t get more scrutiny- you seem to think they do because of the debate on here.
Hammond is on now by the way. Still ducking problems on the divorce bill but that is to be expected- don’t want to show our hand of course. I missed half of it so can’t comment on what he said Before that

Grendel

I don’t really get the argument opposition shouldn’t be scrutinised. So if the BNP were ahead in the polls Marr shouldn’t be interrogating their immigration stance?

skybluegod

Just been asked about a second referendum and how would he vote- shut him down straight away. Not happening, stop discussing it.
He’s being more optimistic about brexit which is nice to see for the first time.
Think Andrew marr was lenient on him didn’t push him enough at least not from what I saw

Users who are viewing this thread