Oh Jeremy Corbyn (2 Viewers)

wingy

Well they couldn't drive the 'Division ' agenda anymore ,hardly surprising they're going after the individual yet again.
Groundless BS.

Kingokings204

Well they couldn't drive the 'Division ' agenda anymore ,hardly surprising they're going after the individual yet again.
Groundless BS.

Surely it’s worth investigating though. JC and his team are accused of some serious stuff here.

NorthernWisdom

Surely it’s worth investigating though. JC and his team are accused of some serious stuff here.
So if I accuse Theresa May of holding drug fuelled sex parties with notable righties of the world, it should be investigated?

How about Harold Wilson's claim that the military were planning to overthrow him and put Lord Mountbatten in charge, should that be investigated?

Of course WIlson's an interesting one, because Peter Wright claimed there were plots around MI5 to leak information about Wilson t the press, to portray him as a security risk...

Investigations need more than gossip, no matter what they are. And yes, that includes the likes of Trump...

Grendel

So if I accuse Theresa May of holding drug fuelled sex parties with notable righties of the world, it should be investigated?

How about Harold Wilson's claim that the military were planning to overthrow him and put Lord Mountbatten in charge, should that be investigated?

Of course WIlson's an interesting one, because Peter Wright claimed there were plots around MI5 to leak information about Wilson t the press, to portray him as a security risk...

Investigations need more than gossip, no matter what they are. And yes, that includes the likes of Trump...

I’s the suggestion that there was payments exchanged for selling secrets? I doubt they had secrets to sell. It’s all a bit extreme I think.

I’m sure there are files on these two. They are known advocates of terror. The thing that makes them unique is they had no real desire to be in charge and never thought they would be so there will be skeletons abound - especially against McDonnell who is a particularly unpleasant individual.

This seems over the top

Still how many days before labours snswer to the third reich has his suspension lifted? That’s the true face of these two the press need to exploit.

SkyblueBazza

The more rediculous these smears get the less credible the Conservatives look. It’s only playing into his hands now
Where are the Conservatives in all this then? Is this Tweeter one? Have the Tories actively used this as a smear? I don't know if they have or haven't - just not seen or heard anything to suggest they have

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

According to Farage we are all under Brussels’ control.

In reality the public is being led up the garden path by large circulation and unscrupulous right wing press coupled with social media fake news campaigns.
Non of which happened under Labour governments, eh? Just different paths

Grendel

I see Mr Livingstone admits to being asked by the KGB to visit Russia for a few days in the 80’s but considered the iron curtain too moderate.

When’s he back in the fold again?

Captain Dart

DWg_5T2WsAA5uOc.jpg

Kingokings204

I don’t mind JC but I can’t stand Owen Jones. Would follow any way a fiver goes that guy.

martcov

Non of which happened under Labour governments, eh? Just different paths

I doubt whether the right wing papers spread so much bs about the conservatives when labour was in power. And we didn’t have so much fake news or means to spread it in the internet then.

Grendel

I doubt whether the right wing papers spread so much bs about the conservatives when labour was in power. And we didn’t have so much fake news or means to spread it in the internet then.

So mr Livingstone is lying when he said that the likes of he and Mr Corbyn were approached? As for media antics I think a certain left wing publication in the 80’s stating that the only bad thing about the Brighton bombing was that not enough Tories died puts all this in the shade. Don’t you agree?

Captain Dart

Captain - you should check out your Tory boys getting destroyed by Andrew Neil today... and he's one of your own!!
He is pretty even handed takes no shit which I like.
Notwithstanding that his wig is almost as bad as Brucies was.

martcov

So mr Livingstone is lying when he said that the likes of he and Mr Corbyn were approached? As for media antics I think a certain left wing publication in the 80’s stating that the only bad thing about the Brighton bombing was that not enough Tories died puts all this in the shade. Don’t you agree?

Don’t know about red Ken... in the 70s and 80s I was against the IRA. Even got involved in scuffles with their supporters at the James McDaid memorial service. They had nearly killed my best mate as their bomb blew out the windows of the Penny Black. But... now I am raging about the possibility of the government breaking the GFA just because of a stupid decision to leave the EU. And no, I don’t agree with wishing Tories dead.

Captain Dart

Don’t know about red Ken... in the 70s and 80s I was against the IRA. Even got involved in scuffles with their supporters at the James McDaid memorial service. They had nearly killed my best mate as their bomb blew out the windows of the Penny Black. But... now I am raging about the possibility of the government breaking the GFA just because of a stupid decision to leave the EU. And no, I don’t agree with wishing Tories dead.

I don't recollect that but did I attend Uni in Guildford starting in the Autumn after they blew up the Seven Stars and the Horse & Groom pubs.

In the summer if I remember rightly they had bombed pubs in Birmingham.

450px-Guildford_pub_bombings.jpg

The Horse & Groom received a lot of my custom in the following few years and I learned to avoid Barely Wine at all costs as a consequence of one of those visits. :vomit:

fernandopartridge

I don't recollect that but did I attend Uni in Guildford starting in the Autumn after they blew up the Seven Stars and the Horse & Groom pubs.

In the summer if I remember rightly they had bombed pubs in Birmingham.

450px-Guildford_pub_bombings.jpg

The Horse & Groom received a lot of my custom in the following few years and I learned to avoid Barely Wine at all costs as a consequence of one of those visits. :vomit:

The Birmingham pub bombing was on November 21st, pretty sure it was after Guildford.

I've spent a lot of time in Guildford in the last couple of years, both pubs are now gone, think they're shops.

Captain Dart

The Birmingham pub bombing was on November 21st, pretty sure it was after Guildford.

I've spent a lot of time in Guildford in the last couple of years, both pubs are now gone, think they're shops.
Yeah memory is suspect on details, there were a lot of IRA bombs in 1974
  • 1974, 4 February: M62 coach bombing: An IRA bomb exploded aboard a bus carrying British soldiers and several of their family members in Yorkshire, killing nine soldiers and three civilians.
  • 1974, 17 June: An IRA bomb exploded at the Houses of Parliament, causing extensive damage and injuring 11 people.[19]
  • 1974 17 July Tower of London 1 dead 41 injured several badly injured
  • 1974, 5 October: Guildford pub bombings: IRA bombs exploded in two pubs frequented by British military personnel in Guildford, Surrey. Four soldiers and a civilian were killed and 44 injured.
  • 1974, 22 October: An IRA bomb exploded in Brooks's gentleman's club in London, injuring three people.[20]
  • 1974, 7 November: An IRA bomb exploded in a pub frequented by British military personnel in Woolwich, London, killing a soldier and a civilian.
  • 1974, 14 November: James Patrick McDade, Lieutenant in the Birmingham Battalion, of the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA) was killed in a premature explosion whilst planting a bomb at the Coventry telephone exchange in 1974.
  • 1974, 21 November: Birmingham pub bombings: IRA bombs exploded in two pubs in Birmingham, killing 21 people and injuring 182.
  • 1974, 18 December: Bomb planted by IRA in the run up to Christmas in one of Bristol's most popular shopping districts explodes injuring 17 people.[21]

martcov

• 1974, 4 February: M62 coach bombing: An IRA bomb exploded aboard a bus carrying British soldiers and several of their family members in Yorkshire, killing nine soldiers and three civilians.
  • 1974, 17 June: An IRA bomb exploded at the Houses of Parliament, causing extensive damage and injuring 11 people.[19]
  • 1974, 5 October: Guildford pub bombings: IRA bombs exploded in two pubs frequented by British military personnel in Guildford, Surrey. Four soldiers and a civilian were killed and 44 injured.
  • 1974, 22 October: An IRA bomb exploded in Brooks's gentleman's club in London, injuring three people.[20]
  • 1974, 7 November: An IRA bomb exploded in a pub frequented by British military personnel in Woolwich, London, killing a soldier and a civilian.
  • 1974, 14 November: James Patrick McDade, Lieutenant in the Birmingham Battalion, of the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA) was killed in a premature explosion whilst planting a bomb at the Coventry telephone exchange in 1974.
  • 1974, 21 November: Birmingham pub bombings: IRA bombs exploded in two pubs in Birmingham, killing 21 people and injuring 182.
  • 1974, 18 December: Bomb planted by IRA in the run up to Christmas in one of Bristol's most popular shopping districts explodes injuring 17 people.[21]

McDade accidentally blew himself up outside the Penny Black whilst setting a primitive timing device ( alarm clock ? ). His accomplice was held until police arrived by the landlord of the Three Tuns. Birmingham was seen as a revenge because of the anti IRA demos and attacks after the failed Coventry bombing.

martcov

My first spelling of McDaid was correct

Redirect Notice

chiefdave

A Tory MP has agreed to apologise for posting a tweet in which he said Jeremy Corbyn had passed British secrets to a spy from communist Czechoslovakia.

Ben Bradley will also donate an undisclosed sum to a charity supported by the Labour leader and has agreed not to repeat the allegation, Labour said.

He has agreed to say that the tweet he posted "was wholly untrue and false".

Labour had said a Sun story about Mr Corbyn having contact with a Czech spy in the 1980s was "absurd".

A spokesman denied that Mr Corbyn ever acted as a collaborator or agent of the Communist regime in Czechoslovakia.

Mr Bradley had been threatened with legal action over his tweet. He will make a donation to a foodbank and a homeless charity in his constituency, and pay Mr Corbyn's legal fees, Labour said.

Brighton Sky Blue

Its almost as if it was completely made up. Still it will do the trick, even if they print a retraction there are those that will now continue to throw it around as a fact.

It's so objectively false that Corbyn would have an easy case for libel against them. Don't think they'll have much choice.

Users who are viewing this thread