O'Hare (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

Hate to wade in with the general woe is us stuff but been thinking for a while how much we rely on Gyo, how much work he gets through in a game and how many minutes he plays.

Only takes an overworked muscle or a poorly timed tackle to take him out and we are seriously fucked.

We did Ok without O Hare at the beginning of the season but with him we’re so much better.

Also looking at Allen’s performance yesterday I feel he’s playing not a 100% also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brighton Sky Blue

We stayed up with Max and Baka up front.
We should be on at least 36 points come mid Jan, I'm sure Robins can wangle 20 points out of our remaining games even without the big hitters.
50 points looks like it’ll be enough this season. 6 wins out of the next 23 should be within our capabilities

1ccfc

Unfortunately, unless he signs a contract extension, this injury massively increases the chance he goes on a free. To be clear, I don’t want to sell him, but on the flip side we can't afford for players of his quality to go for nothing.

shmmeee

List just keeps getting longer, need GK, CB x 2, RWB, LWB, CM, ST and now AM.

Can’t see us getting all that. Can’t see is getting another young loan in at CB or signing a new keeper. So maybe two wingbacks and an AM in on loan and hope for the best.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

List just keeps getting longer, need GK, CB x 2, RWB, LWB, CM, ST and now AM.

Can’t see us getting all that. Can’t see is getting another young loan in at CB or signing a new keeper. So maybe two wingbacks and an AM in on loan and hope for the best.
I think a right footed CB, a quick striker and a young LWB are a cert. Then maybe an AM on loan and a CM replacement for Kelly

wingy

Wouldn't you only get an emergency loan on the goalie due to an injury , not a tactical reason?

shmmeee

I think a right footed CB, a quick striker and a young LWB are a cert. Then maybe an AM on loan and a CM replacement for Kelly

Depends doesn’t it. If Walker isn’t far off I can see us not signing a striker. You’d think based on the summer we want a RCB and LWB. I think he’ll be happy enough with Kelly, Allen, maybe Burroughs and Howley to fill in at CM.

Thing is we’re six months off a ton of expensive players going off the books so I can see the pressure being to make do until Wilson, Dabo, Kane, Fadz, Rose, Kelly, Waghorn, and Walker are all out of contract and assess then.

Hertsccfc

We stayed up with Max and Baka up front.
We should be on at least 36 points come mid Jan, I'm sure Robins can wangle 20 points out of our remaining games even without the big hitters.
I don't think Baka started any matches and only made a few late cameo appearances

pusbccfc

Nixon saying club are waiting on O'Hare in response to a tweet asking if he has any news on Cov.

Can't work out if he means any transfer news or not

shmmeee

Nixon saying club are waiting on O'Hare in response to a tweet asking if he has any news on Cov.

Can't work out if he means any transfer news or not

Sounds like a guess after Robins comments TBH. Other than Sheaf has he ever got anything right for us that wasn’t well known?

David O'Day

Sounds like a guess after Robins comments TBH. Other than Sheaf has he ever got anything right for us that wasn’t well known?
nixon is a hack

but we should wait to see rather than go on what someone's cousins friends nans gatekeeper has "said"

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Being without COH is a massive shame, but it isn't the end of the world like some are saying it is. We started playing really well before he returned, but the issue we have now is that the other strikers and attacking midfielders are so thin on the ground it's tough to see how we set up effectively.

slyblue57

Being without COH is a massive shame, but it isn't the end of the world like some are saying it is. We started playing really well before he returned, but the issue we have now is that the other strikers and attacking midfielders are so thin on the ground it's tough to see how we set up effectively.
Not the end of the world but the thought of Kelly and Allen in midfield is.

rexo87

Disagree. We started picking up points before he came back but didn't start playing well at all. The wins against Cardiff, Sheff U and Stoke were scrappy and not very fluent at all. We started playing a lot better and like the start of last season once Ohare was back

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Hearing it's definitely an ACL.

Never get any luck supporting Cov is there?

Prime asset with a possibly career changing injury. Loss of one of our best players and now another body down. In dire need of additions in January.

If true then words fail me.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not the end of the world but the thought of Kelly and Allen in midfield is.

We're desperate for some reinforcements.

Kane
Waghorn
Walker
Moore
Kelly
Eccles
Dabo
Godden

That list makes a huge hole in our limited wage budget. Those players are either constantly injured, or bombed out by the manager. You could potentially add to it as well, if you wanted to include those that aren't really good enough.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Disagree. We started picking up points before he came back but didn't start playing well at all. The wins against Cardiff, Sheff U and Stoke were scrappy and not very fluent at all. We started playing a lot better and like the start of last season once Ohare was back

Our brand of football may have been more attractive, but the facts speak for themselves. It's a myth we can't play and win without him. We lost only 1 in 9 games before his first 90 minute return.

His first 90 back was then against Blackpool, which we lost 2-1. The next time he played a lesser amount was against Watford where he played 24 minutes. We won that 1-0.

He adds a lot of value to the team obviously, but if we are a one man team then that award goes exclusively to Gyökeres only. My worry is that only have Palmer to come in, and extremely thin on the ground otherwise. As per my above post, we have a lot of players collecting wages that aren't contributing for whatever reason.

rexo87

Our brand of football may have been more attractive, but the facts speak for themselves. It's a myth we can't play and win without him. We lost only 1 in 9 games before his first 90 minute return.

His first 90 back was then against Blackpool, which we lost 2-1. The next time he played a lesser amount was against Watford where he played 24 minutes. We won that 1-0.

He adds a lot of value to the team obviously, but if we are a one man team then that award goes exclusively to Gyökeres only. My worry is that only have Palmer to come in, and extremely thin on the ground otherwise. As per my above post, we have a lot of players collecting wages that aren't contributing for whatever reason.
Not saying we can't grind out results without him but my point is we are a much worse footballing side without him. I honestly don't think we've played well in any game he hasn't played in this season

stupot07

I agree. We have looked far more dangerous since O'Hare has been back he is a big loss and means we probably have to go back to the more defensive grinding out wins type of football we did just before he came back.

Our record with O'Hare this season is

P7 W4 D1 L2 W% 57% PPG 1.87

Without O'Hare

P17 W5 D5 L7 W% 29% PPG 1.00

It's not rocket science he is one of our best players and has a terrific understanding with Gyokeres. If you asked every manager in the league would they rather play us with O'Hare in or out the team every single one would prefer him out of our team.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not saying we can't grind out results without him but my point is we are a much worse footballing side without him. I honestly don't think we've played well in any game he hasn't played in this season

I can see where you're coming from, but we'll probably just have to disagree on this one. He adds something none of our other players do for sure, but I think he's looked a bit off recently anyway.

As I said though, my biggest concern is that we have no other attacking players avaliable really and because of that we will probably miss him more this time. We can't really play two strikers as we haven't got anyone else, and with an attacking midfield of Allen and Palmer, Gyökeres is more or less going to have to do it entirely on his own.

Users who are viewing this thread