O'Hare (3 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

Van dijk, Van Nistelrooy other success stories but granted for a lot it's a career defining injury hope its not for Callum he's some baller

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
I don't think VanDijk has looked the same player since his acl. But the point stands that many players have recovered sometimes from more than one.

higgs

I don't think VanDijk has looked the same player since his acl. But the point stands that many players have recovered sometimes from more than one.
Agreed he's definitely lost some pace and movement still wouldn't like to be marked by him. No doubt about it if its an acl its really bad news hope callums doing okay

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

ProfessorbyGrace

Recovery and rehabilitation from an ACL is all down to the players nature healing ability, when alls said and done. Agreed, most will recover completely, no issues, but some will never be the same player again. Or worse, be forced into early retirement.

All depends on Callum’s healing ability. I’m sure he’ll have the best care and support, and I just hope he recovers well. Not just for us, but for himself, as he’s a smashing player and I’d hate to see it limit his ability, long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nunchuckas

If it is a 12 month ACL, then that really puts us in the shit. He would be back in training around Jan 2024, in the last 6 months of his contract and able to sign for anyone for free. We can't afford the wage he's on now when he's fit, so there's no way we can afford to risk offering him a new contract if there's question marks about whether he'll ever get back to the same levels. Other teams, however, can afford to offer him a deal to potentially pick up one of the best players in the Championship on a free, with the risk he may or may not make it back fully.

So we would have potentially lost a £5-£10 million pound asset, just like that.

Let's hope to God it isn't a 12 month ACL!

Brighton Sky Blue

If it is a 12 month ACL, then that really puts us in the shit. He would be back in training around Jan 2024, in the last 6 months of his contract and able to sign for anyone for free. We can't afford the wage he's on now when he's fit, so there's no way we can afford to risk offering him a new contract if there's question marks about whether he'll ever get back to the same levels. Other teams, however, can afford to offer him a deal to potentially pick up one of the best players in the Championship on a free, with the risk he may or may not make it back fully.

Let’s hope Robins can reload the save to just after the QPR game

Sick Boy

Have you ever considered a career as a motivational speaker?

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

It will depend on if he’s done any other damage to the other ligaments or his meniscus

MCL rupture is not uncommon when the ACL goes

If a ‘clean’ ACL rupture, he should be back playing inside a year

Offhegoes

All a bit doom & gloom here. No confirmation that it's an ACL yet, and just speculation at this stage. Could it not be just ligament damage? Worst case scenario however, out for the season, but surely some hope he'd be back for pre season in July (7 months away) - I am sure JJ came back after the 2nd one after 7 months or so.

Cata

For a full blown joint effusion within a couple of hours of the incident (which is what it sounds like if the OP is correct) then we can rule out pretty much all other diff diagnoses - certainly muscular stuff which I was hoping for prev

Needs to be confirmed by the mechanism which I have looked for but haven't found a decent clip of
I have seen it widely reported that he landed badly, but what I saw was the ball dropping and Callum put out his foot to cushion the ball's flight, but his leg seemed to give way as the ball touched his boot. Never seen an injury happen like that before.

Hertsccfc

I have seen it widely reported that he landed badly, but what I saw was the ball dropping and Callum put out his foot to cushion the ball's flight, but his leg seemed to give way as the ball touched his boot. Never seen an injury happen like that before.
It looked innocuous at the time, but sometimes the worst injuries are like that. Really hope it's not though. One of my favourite players for many years.

Robinshio

so hes kicked like fuck every game, but 2 long term injuries, 1 for a back heel after training, and the other when he was controlling the ball with zero contact

Greggs

Perhaps a shit, too?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
Hi mate, quick update on my current experiment of befriending a crow. It's going nicely. I have tamed a murder of about 12 of them, one or two are showing real potential. My plan is to continue working with the group and hope one of them will eat from my hand, this will be the one i take to the next stage.

clint van damme

Hi mate, quick update on my current experiment of befriending a crow. It's going nicely. I have tamed a murder of about 12 of them, one or two are showing real potential. My plan is to continue working with the group and hope one of them will eat from my hand, this will be the one i take to the next stage.

What's the point, you're not going to solve anyone's rodent infestation with one of those fellas.

SkyBlueSam01

Does sound really strange... Usually expect what's called a pivot-shift mechanism where weight-bearing leg collapses inwards as it twists, or a forceful firect impact on the shin of a WB leg from the front like that grim one in Wolves vs Leicester U18s the other night

SkyBlueSam01

*base

itsabuzzard

Good work! How did you go about taming them?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread