Open Letter to Supporters (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Be careful what you post on here as they are quoting comments made by posters in their articles now.

"Les Reid is a right twat".

Joking aside referencing this forum indicates the sparsity of comments on social media that support Reid's preferred line of argument. If you look at the responses on twitter to the open letter to supporters from @Coventry_city you will find a few posts critical of CCC but in the main the criticism is aimed firmly at SISU. i.e .this forum is a bit out of kilter with most other online media comments.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

Joking aside referencing this forum indicates the sparsity of comments on social media that support Reid's preferred line of argument. If you look at the responses on twitter to the open letter to supporters from @Coventry_city you will find a few posts critical of CCC but in the main the criticism is aimed firmly at SISU. i.e .this forum is a bit out of kilter with most other online media comments.

On the other hand members on here seem to show a better understanding factually and logically in all directions. The other thing is that people can't easily knock up 10 accounts, just like the ones who seemed to appear the other day when I mentioned the council contradicting. People on here (whatever is being discussed, not just CCFC / SISU / CCC etc) will generally have a better discussion about it.

What happened to the bloke from the Trust who was banging on about this site being the minority of city fans the other day? He stuttered, backtracked and had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. A perfect example. Funnily enough, this forum's views (the forum's, everybody's, overall discussions with all sides) are more representative than a handful of Trust Board members.

I fully expect there will be a fair bit of "discrediting" going on from some strange accounts that popup especially, it's quite funny and quite predictable. Even more so that they don't realise how obvious it is.

You never did reply to my last post, too many facts in there for you?

Captain Dart

I stand by my words, check out the evidence.

fernandopartridge

Funny, the vast majority of this forum don't partake in your favourite subject either

Nick

Administrator
I stand by my words, check out the evidence.

What evidence?

So if this forum's views as a whole don't represent city fans, you had better close the Trust down.

You were one of them who had 2 accounts to try and push the same repetitive council nonsense with no interest in CCFC. Far too many like you just trying to push things who don't give a shit about the football club.

As Duggins said, he is quite confident about the public opinion. It's far too easy for him to just push shite and roll out the PR company / council comms team and watch people be misled and wound up by strange social media accounts. (strangely, the trust weren't interested in disproving any of their nonsense. )

Like I said, have a look at the road safety campaigner or the Open Doors charity to see what happens to people who point things out about the council.

There's no doubting that SISU are absolute twats who don't give a shit about the football club. The worse things is the people who won't have a bad word said about the council who also don't give a shit but are seemingly confident everybody will just believe everything they say without scrutiny because they aren't SISU and will just fire up the PR.

oldfiver

"the sale of the City Council’s shareholding in Arena Coventry Ltd to London Wasps Holdings Ltd(Wasps). The effect of the proposed commercial transaction is that the City Council would no longer be involved in the management or operational running of the Ricoh Arena. In particular, Members discussed and debated:

• The importance of having the interest of people of Coventry at the heart of any decision about the future ownership of ACL.

• The commitment that any deal relating to the Ricoh Arena would not be approved unless the following three tests were satisfied:

(11) A good deal for the City

(2) The security of Coventry City Football Club

(3) The security and future of Coventry Rugby Club

• The need to ensure the continued regeneration in the North East of the City.

• The long term commitment to the City given by Wasps, who are focussed on the success of their Club and were committed to delivering an ambitious programme for the community and to bringing more sport to Coventry.

• The expectation that the Ricoh Arena could now go from strength to strength,raising Coventry’s profile both nationally and internationally.

• The intention of Wasps to develop the Ricoh Arena as a conference centre plus a training facility in the future would benefit the City"

torchomatic

Sisu are massive twats who don't give a shit, however he comes across as another one who seems smug because he can get away with it.
r.

Coincidentally, he sounds like a massive twat who doesn't give a shit. It seems "public opinion" is on his side so basically no one gives a shit about CCFC apart from a few of us on here.

higgs

Coincidentally, he sounds like a massive twat who doesn't give a shit. It seems "public opinion" is on his side so basically no one gives a shit about CCFC apart from a few of us on here.
Doesn't look good the coventry city council are willing to lose their local football over a spat with the hedge fund owners. Thats fairly harsh on us supporters and the people of coventry. They should be tried for treason

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Hero super fans.
Shame the rest of us want to see if die. :(

Magwitch

This is my take on things, first I don’t think for Wasps will want to be linked with the death of ccfc because that’s what it would be, also I can’t see sisu allowing it either, they might not care too much about ccfc, it’s history or traditions but one thing they do care about is Money. Allowing ccfc to fold what is in it for them or their investors ? At the moment there’s a £7million+ offer on the table, think it’s still there, also there’s a number of players, on contract a lot with atleast a year to run I think they’d have to pay them up. I think at the moment we at a bit of a Mexican stand off, well atleast I hope so !

shmmeee

What worries me from a game theory stance is that Sisu need to not have any alternatives to be able to pressure Wasps. As soon as there’s an option it’s not “OMG Wasps killed CCFC” it’s “Northampton 2: Electric Boogaloo”. We know the FA/FL take their lead from the owners so no motivation there either.

That’s an awful lot riding on the Wasps owners, who I am reliably informed on here are a bunch of soulless arseholes no better than Sisu, deciding that they have a soft spot for CCFC staying in their home town.

There appears to be nothing concrete anyone except Wasps and Sisu can do (“pressure” either from CCFC to drop legals or from CCC to make a deal isn’t a concrete action).

More so than last time it’s a game of chicken being played with a proxy that neither side gives a shit if it gets hit by a truck.

Nick

Administrator
NEWS: Supporters Forum groups pledge Ricoh Arena deal support

• That they agree that Coventry City should play its home matches in Coventry.
  • That they agree that Coventry City should play its home matches in the 2019/20 season and beyond at the Ricoh Arena.
  • That they call on ALL parties to put aside their differences to sit down and negotiate a deal for Coventry City to play at the Ricoh Arena as soon as possible, despite the on-going court case
  • That they agree that the consequences of ‘no deal’ for Coventry City Football Club to play at the Ricoh Arena would be catastrophic for Coventry City Football Club, its supporters present and future, the community, the City of Coventry, wider footballing community and everyone who cares about the Club.
  • That they call on ALL supporters and community stakeholders to back attempts for this deal to be concluded as soon as possible.

Can't disagree with any of that really as a city fan can you?

chiefdave

Can't disagree with any of that really as a city fan can you?
Clearly you can:
"Also in attendance and offered the opportunity to support were The Sky Blue Trust, though their board subsequently decided they did not wish to commit to the entire statement"

Nick

Administrator
Clearly you can:
"Also in attendance and offered the opportunity to support were The Sky Blue Trust, though their board subsequently decided they did not wish to commit to the entire statement"

Will be interesting to hear why they couldn't agree to those points.

Maybe the council's PR team weren't at the end of the phone then for them to check whether they could or not. Jokers.

Grendel

Isn’t it time the trust just resign on mass - they don’t seem to have any understanding of how fans think and their primary interest regarding the football club

Nick

Administrator
Isn’t it time the trust just resign on mass - they don’t seem to have any understanding of how fans think and their primary interest regarding the football club

I think their interest is just being some sort of union body rather than the football. We have seen all of the other groups startup and overtake as football supporters groups.

Grendel

I think their interest is just being some sort of union body rather than the football. We have seen all of the other groups startup and overtake as football supporters groups.

The problem is though the media will always contact them for comments and the comments are not reflective of supporters in general who attend games

Nick

Administrator
The problem is though the media will always contact them for comments and the comments are not reflective of supporters in general who attend games

Have said that for years, they keep speaking on behalf of the fans... Fans get their views from them as a supporter's trust.

chiefdave

And they continually claim to be the biggest fans group off the back of asking people for a quid years ago. Nick has got as much claim to leading the biggest fans group as they have.

Nick

Administrator
And they continually claim to be the biggest fans group off the back of asking people for a quid years ago. Nick has got as much claim to leading the biggest fans group as they have.

and as your leader I say free BEER FOR ALL!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Clearly you can:
Got to check whether they would still get their free wasps tickets before they agree to anything.

Can’t lose that privileged relationship they have with the council and wasps

Grendel

What are you trying to say?
The majority have always gone there are 7 or 8 board members 3 have ST 2 have match packages one lives in Manchester comes when he can but none of them are NOPM and never have been.
So where do you get your info from or have you just made up to get across your argument about the trust.

The one living in Manchester is a frequent advocate of the shite that comes from Johnson’s twitter account.

Also I assume this is Roger Ellis we are referring to? Is this the same “councillor” Ellis

shmmeee

Like it or not they do have official status.

Grendel

Magwitch

Ages ago I went to a Trust meeting when the Portsmouth guy spoke about their troubles, I seem to remember a proper registered Trust had some sort of legal recognition. Never joined not my cup of tea.

shmmeee

Ages ago I went to a Trust meeting when the Portsmouth guy spoke about their troubles, I seem to remember a proper registered Trust had some sort of legal recognition. Never joined not my cup of tea.

Yeah they have special status, not sure what it means in reality.

It’s like Highlander though, there can be only one.

chiefdave

Yeah they have special status, not sure what it means in reality.
Wasn't there a problem with the accounts at some point. Have a vague memory of that, something to do with everyone's quid membership should have been kept separate and not spent or something. Meant the trusts accounts were filed late which I seem to recall Fisher delighted in repeatedly pointing out.

Users who are viewing this thread