Open Letter to Supporters (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Clearly SISU would not 'go bust' if SISU let CCFC die. I'm not bothered about SISU, just CCFC. With SISU as owners, CCFC is effectively on a life support machine already and SISU could now be in a position where they want to turn this off, for whatever reason. I wouldn't view this necessary as a totally bad thing, there would be some short term pain but it is my firm belief that only when CCFC is rid of SISU (and remember SISU seemingly will not sell to anyone else) can CCFC truly move forward. And CCFC will never truly die because the supporters are CCFC, and don't forget that.

Ccfc wouldn't be moving forward, they would be dead. That's the point.

If you want to support another team, may as well just go and support cov united. We could have 25000 city fans turn up to one of their games but it doesn't mean it's ccfc.

Would be interesting if the people who probably haven't bothered since Wembley saying to let the club die would actually bother with a phoenix team or just watch sky sports.

Grendel

Clearly SISU would not 'go bust' if SISU let CCFC die. I'm not bothered about SISU, just CCFC. With SISU as owners, CCFC is effectively on a life support machine already and SISU could now be in a position where they want to turn this off, for whatever reason. I wouldn't view this necessary as a totally bad thing, there would be some short term pain but it is my firm belief that only when CCFC is rid of SISU (and remember SISU seemingly will not sell to anyone else) can CCFC truly move forward. And CCFC will never truly die because the supporters are CCFC, and don't forget that.

Er they would have no ground to play in. As for on life support they are one league lower then when they took over.

They oddly took over as the prior regime went bust as they tried both to pay the rent and keep a competitive wage for the division they were in.

The club would have died 10 years ago anyway if sisu didn’t buy the club as the council refused to consider any other bidders

Brighton Sky Blue

That's the saddest bit.

We moved to Northampton, the council kept preaching about clubs belonging at home. Come back and we fill the ground and nobody really bothered after. (just the same people as before minus a few.). The council then move a team in showing how hipocritical they had been.

Look into their owner's businesses registered in Malta in a myriad of subsidiaries. What due diligence was done on him?

Nick

Administrator
Look into their owner's businesses registered in Malta in a myriad of subsidiaries. What due diligence was done on him?
He wasn't sisu or ccfc. Simple as that.

Don't think they have ever been asked about the promises they made the council either. It will probably be like the sale condition "ah it doesn't matter now".

Old Warwickshire lad

Some former colleagues of mine even gloated about the club losing out on the ground and how great it was to have 'top class rugby' on offer. There isn't much sympathy out there beyond the fan base.
Know the feeling, as an ex rugby playing CCFC supporter. Know plenty who think it’s great to have Wasps here.
Only argue with them now when they gleefully celebrate the thought of us going out of business.
They won’t see us being there actually helps their shit team.

Brighton Sky Blue

He wasn't sisu or ccfc. Simple as that.

I don't remember when the council ever promoted City games or had their leaders get photos with the players-Lucas couldn't get a snap with James Haskell soon enough. If Wasps' own gamble doesn't pay off what then? Sold one of the city's prime assets for a quick buck and for what?

Nick

Administrator
I don't remember when the council ever promoted City games or had their leaders get photos with the players-Lucas couldn't get a snap with James Haskell soon enough. If Wasps' own gamble doesn't pay off what then? Sold one of the city's prime assets for a quick buck and for what?

I don't think the council would let it fail. It is certainly the total opposite to ccfc. (Even pre sisu)

Brighton Sky Blue

Know the feeling, as an ex rugby playing CCFC supporter. Know plenty who think it’s great to have Wasps here.
Only argue with them now when they gleefully celebrate the thought of us going out of business.
They won’t see us being there actually helps their shit team.

So many converts to rugby who ignored the genuine success story happening at the BPA. If Wasps were really interested in co-operation they would discuss selling a stakeholding in the ground. Will they? Will they fuck.

M&B Stand

Er they would have no ground to play in. As for on life support they are one league lower then when they took over.

They oddly took over as the prior regime went bust as they tried both to pay the rent and keep a competitive wage for the division they were in.

The club would have died 10 years ago anyway if sisu didn’t buy the club as the council refused to consider any other bidders

Bullshit. Administration was never put to the test. Robinson sold to SISU instead. No way a championship club would’ve just been liquidated.

Nick

Administrator
So many converts to rugby who ignored the genuine success story happening at the BPA. If Wasps were really interested in co-operation they would discuss selling a stakeholding in the ground. Will they? Will they fuck.

Yeah was going to say how many even knew there was a rugby club already. The people I know had no idea as they can't get in for free, when their free tickets stop they won't go any more.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah was going to say how many even knew there was a rugby club already. The people I know had no idea as they can't get in for free, when their free tickets stop they won't go any more.

Maybe a steak ciabatta would lure some back?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As it was my analogy to start with, it's actually you putting a spin on it;)

In honesty it's actually two separate analogies using the same hostage premise. Yours does make sense as well though.

I don't think this would 'kill' SISU, just give them a 'scratch' as you put it from the loss of their investment in CCFC. How significant a scratch it's hard to tell - it's often hard to tell the true performance of companies from financial statements are companies performing well want to look worse for tax reasons and those doing badly want to look better for investment reasons. It could be a tiny injury, or it could end up causing complications or infection that cause it big problems later on. I think CCFC could continue should no deal be agreed, even if that should be having to rebuild from much lower, as long as the 'essence' and spirit of the club and community remained. You and others clearly would find it more of a leap. That is not meant as a dig or slur, just pointing out the differences in personality and thinking.

The trouble for me is that it is this kind of tribal thinking that pushed up the scale allow shit like what Putin does to happen. Here and elsewhere in Europe Salisbury was a massive injustice. In Russia, it's the West picking on Russia. The same kind of basic idea behind that thinking is happening here on a much less important (depending on viewpoint/perspective) scale and I can't bring myself to agree with aggressive tactics making out they're the victims.

Let's say I had a family member accused of a crime. Instinctively I would want to support and back them, but if their past behaviour and evidence strongly suggested they were guilty, I couldn't condone them.

Grendel

Bullshit. Administration was never put to the test. Robinson sold to SISU instead. No way a championship club would’ve just been liquidated.

Eh? The council interviews candidates for suitability and wanted the final say on the owner. Robinson abd his consortium were not against administration but the consortium were told by the council they were not even prepared to discuss the deal with them. Shapiro wanted the Arena as previously did the Manhattan Group and were told “no deal”

Grendel

In honesty it's actually two separate analogies using the same hostage premise. Yours does make sense as well though.

I don't think this would 'kill' SISU, just give them a 'scratch' as you put it from the loss of their investment in CCFC. How significant a scratch it's hard to tell - it's often hard to tell the true performance of companies from financial statements are companies performing well want to look worse for tax reasons and those doing badly want to look better for investment reasons. It could be a tiny injury, or it could end up causing complications or infection that cause it big problems later on. I think CCFC could continue should no deal be agreed, even if that should be having to rebuild from much lower, as long as the 'essence' and spirit of the club and community remained. You and others clearly would find it more of a leap. That is not meant as a dig or slur, just pointing out the differences in personality and thinking.

The trouble for me is that it is this kind of tribal thinking that pushed up the scale allow shit like what Putin does to happen. Here and elsewhere in Europe Salisbury was a massive injustice. In Russia, it's the West picking on Russia. The same kind of basic idea behind that thinking is happening here on a much less important (depending on viewpoint/perspective) scale and I can't bring myself to agree with aggressive tactics making out they're the victims.

Let's say I had a family member accused of a crime. Instinctively I would want to support and back them, but if their past behaviour and evidence strongly suggested they were guilty, I couldn't condone them.

Are you talking wasps here? Utter scum aren’t they?

Nick

Administrator

Nobody is backing sisu though are they? Nobody sees sisu as their family member.

Not too sure what you are trying to push but it isn't really stacking up, is it?

Another strange one who claims to be in the industry and an expert but doesn't seem to really know what's going on. It's even weirder after your random post in the blaze thread.

People understanding isn't tribal. Im not sure why you are making out you would be there if the club died and were playing in a pub league either. Would have thought a fan who has studied the industry would have an idea of the basics.

The victims are ccfc. That's exactly the point. The perpetrators are sisu, wasps and the council in this instance.

Nick

Administrator
People who think they have struck gold that sisu is the football club because Tim fisher is a director and the chairman. Jesus Christ.

Magwitch has also tried to randomly push that across a few threads, must be something going down in the water.

Forever_Blue

Are they along the lines of "just go"?

I'd dread to think if Boddy and Mark Hornby were to walk out.

This is why people need to see the difference between the people running the club and the twats forcing the legal action.

People strangely seem as if they would be over the moon if the club went tits up because they think it would mean SISU going tits up. It's the same as when people say "what are you going to do EFL / FA?". What do they expect them to do?
Some of the dipsticks on FB want Mike Ashley to take over the club ffs.

Voice_of_Reason

In my opinion the letter is a load of bollocks. Why ? Because a certain Mr Timothy Fisher is riding two horses, those of CCFC and Otium. How on earth can he act in the interests of both ? Bah, hum bug.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

All you have to do is tell them that in the same weekend the third tier football team attracted 300 more than the premiership rugby team.

Nick

Administrator
In my opinion the letter is a load of bollocks. Why ? Because a certain Mr Timothy Fisher is riding two horses, those of CCFC and Otium. How on earth can he act in the interests of both ? Bah, hum bug.

Christ. The word I was just talking about is obviously spreading.

What point are you trying to make?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Way too many people stood to lose money, the club has been toxic for years. Robinson actually tried to buy the whole club with a new consortium. The council would only deal with SISU

Nick

Administrator
Yes Nick... TM cannot act in the best interests of both Otium and CCFC. He must think we are thick ?
Aren't most chairmen also directors?

I still don't get what point you are trying to make.

How does that make the clubs statement wrong?

Last edited:

Magwitch

[QUOTE

Magwitch has also tried to randomly push that across a few threads, must be something going down in the water.[/QUOTE]
“We” batter people in court, who was TF referring to by “We”

Warwickhunt

do you think the Ciy supporters will let the club go with a whimper or demonstrate outside the ground at every WASP game?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Nobody is backing sisu though are they? Nobody sees sisu as their family member.

Not too sure what you are trying to push but it isn't really stacking up, is it?

Another strange one who claims to be in the industry and an expert but doesn't seem to really know what's going on. It's even weirder after your random post in the blaze thread.

People understanding isn't tribal. Im not sure why you are making out you would be there if the club died and were playing in a pub league either. Would have thought a fan who has studied the industry would have an idea of the basics.

The victims are ccfc. That's exactly the point. The perpetrators are sisu, wasps and the council in this instance.

Whether you like it or not, SISU ARE a family member of CCFC at this point. An in-law, brought in by marriage and could leave again via divorce, but family all the same. We've all got family members we'd rather avoid, but like it or not they are related.

I'm trying to be diplomatic here. I'm not claiming to be an expert, just that I've had more training and experience of this kind of thing than the average person. I have seen and can see the behaviour of those manipulating others and the techniques they employ to hide it. With something that invokes a great deal of passion it's just easier for them because emotion takes over and that's where the tribalism thing is.

Wasps are doing it, and the council has done it too, but largely as a response to SISU's actions with them in the past and are fighting fire with fire, and as we all know that just creates a bigger problem.

It's not necessarily understanding - it's a perception of events based on the information they have. I don't doubt there are many things about this situation I'm wrong about because I've not had access to the information other than that in the public domain and even then it's likely there are parts I've missed. What I do have is experience of other situations with similarities to this which I DID have more info on. In this instance, from those experiences, that letter at the start (which is what this started about) is a business using a related business as leverage while at the same time playing down the influence and control they have over that related business. It may say CCFC, but it is clearly written from a SISU viewpoint.

If there truly was separation from CCFC management and SISU, that Open Letter would also include the option that SISU could choose to drop their legal action to secure the future of Coventry City. It doesn't.

Your last sentence I agree with.

Nick

Administrator
Whether you like it or not, SISU ARE a family member of CCFC at this point. An in-law, brought in by marriage and could leave again via divorce, but family all the same. We've all got family members we'd rather avoid, but like it or not they are related.

I'm trying to be diplomatic here. I'm not claiming to be an expert, just that I've had more training and experience of this kind of thing than the average person. I have seen and can see the behaviour of those manipulating others and the techniques they employ to hide it. With something that invokes a great deal of passion it's just easier for them because emotion takes over and that's where the tribalism thing is.

Wasps are doing it, and the council has done it too, but largely as a response to SISU's actions with them in the past and are fighting fire with fire, and as we all know that just creates a bigger problem.

It's not necessarily understanding - it's a perception of events based on the information they have. I don't doubt there are many things about this situation I'm wrong about because I've not had access to the information other than that in the public domain. What I do have is experience of other situations with similarities to this which I DID have more info on. In this instance, from those experiences, that letter at the start (which is what this started about) is a business using a related business as leverage while at the same time playing down the influence and control they have over that related business. It may say CCFC, but it is clearly written from a SISU viewpoint.

If there truly was separation from CCFC management and SISU, that Open Letter would also include the option that SISU could choose to drop their legal action to secure the future of Coventry City. It doesn't.

It's not necessarily understanding - it's a perception of events based on the information they have. I don't doubt there are many things about this situation I'm wrong about because I've not had access to the information other than that in the public domain. What I do have is experience of other situations with similarities to this which I DID have more info on. In this instance, from those experiences, that letter at the start (which is what this started about) is a business using a related business as leverage while at the same time playing down the influence and control they have over that related business. It may say CCFC, but it is clearly written from a SISU viewpoint.

I don't get why you throw in your qualifications if you are constantly showing you don't have a clue?

How is it written by sisu? Can you point out anybody on here backing sisu rather than ccfc?

Seems you tried to be authoritative to really drive home a point, turns out you don't have a clue. Same as the banker who signed up and the other one in the industry. Get a refund on your training.

You keep going round in circles, you thought you hit gold trying to tell me something I had already told you after you had been away to look it up. You say about the information they have, companies house is a good start. You say about manipulating, what exactly are you trying to do?

What actual point are you trying to get across? You have failed trying to push that ccfc is the same thing as sisu. You are trying to say ccfc and sisu are linked, yes that's obvious. We didn't need qualifications to know that.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Allegedly legal costs over a million for council and we can’t whinge about them running out of money. It’s an outrage that Sisu have caused our whole community such harm. However our club Ccfc has been damaged more and is looking into the abyss

Magwitch

I asked at the time did he say we? You didn't reply
I believe he did, it’s been referred to often on here. Are you saying it wasn’t said ? If you are say so, I think it was.
Anybody else remember him saying it ?

Nick

Administrator
I believe he did, it’s been referred to often on here. Are you saying it wasn’t said ? If you are say so, I think it was.
Anybody else remember him saying it ?

Did he say "we"?

Quotes from the time don't agree.

Another thing you have repeatedly said across different threads to try and prove something.

Grendel

Allegedly legal costs over a million for council and we can’t whinge about them running out of money. It’s an outrage that Sisu have caused our whole community such harm. However our club Ccfc has been damaged more and is looking into the abyss

A million? 8 months rent when they were running the show

Users who are viewing this thread