Our gates (1 Viewer)

Buster

didnt we get 18000 boxing day
the fans will come if the football is good , regardless of whos running the club

last season there was no sisu out songs

this season, as we were about to kick off at swindon, there was sisu out songs, way to support the team eh, before we'd even kicked a ball

Another post bashing the fans and berating their call for sisu to go .The fans that have stuck through this shit deserved to be heard

Pipehitterz

Another post bashing the fans and berating their call for sisu to go .The fans that have stuck through this shit deserved to be heard
Oh bore the Fuck off

Where were your protests last year when you thought this regime would get us promotion?
Hypocrites and embarrassing that you can't even be consistent in your approach.

The consistent thing to do is support the team, bet you even Booed them Saturday

Rodders1

The history of our clubs fickle fans is another massive reason. Granted with all the off field antics, our owners and taking us away to the hill we lost a lot of fans who found better things to do but you you only have to look at our history and some comments on here to see we have a lot of fickle fans who would rather sit at home unless there is a sniff of a wembley ticket. After saturday i can see why
Didn't I read on here once that leicester's historic average has just gone above ours.

In the whole scheme of things we have the potential to fill the Ricoh just like Leicester do the King power now.

We can't blame the fans for staying away. It's simply shite football. We need life to be brought back to the club through new hope, belief and ambition- something SISU will never do.

And the example of the foxes is very relevant - 6-7 years ago my in laws who are foxes season ticket holders experienced 8k attendances regularly in league 1 and on other occasions.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't I read on here once that leicester's historic average has just gone above ours.

In the whole scheme of things we have the potential to fill the Ricoh just like Leicester do the King power now.

We can't blame the fans for staying away. It's simply shite football. We need life to be brought back to the club through new hope, belief and ambition- something SISU will never do.

And the example of the foxes is very relevant - 6-7 years ago my in laws who are foxes season ticket holders experienced 8k attendances regularly in league 1 and on other occasions.

Leicester had an average attendance of over 20k in League 1 didn't they?

Buster

Oh bore the Fuck off

Where were your protests last year when you thought this regime would get us promotion?
Hypocrites and embarrassing that you can't even be consistent in your approach.

The consistent thing to do is support the team, bet you even Booed them Saturday
Calm down Mr Angry
You talk like you know me, didnt go sat ,i was playing golf
What does " Oh bore the Fuck off " mean. Is that like "sisu fuck off " what the fans sing

bawtryneal

I missed Saturday game due to being on holiday. Listened to Geoff Foster commentating ( I use the word loosely) on Skyblueplayer
I can honestly say I was glad I wasn't there. The three home games plus Bradford away were all dire that I have watched this season. The only time I have been "entertained" this season was at Millwall for an hour.
Having been following City since 1970 when my Dad took me when I was 9 I would call myself a true loyal fan who has seen over a 1,000 games.
I travel down from South Yorkshire these days for home games and I think I have had enough.
TM is a decent footballing man who cares but he has no charisma and will not motivate this bunch of journey men players we currently have on the books. I have met Tim Fisher twice and I can honestly say my first impression was of an obnoxious pig headed "in it for myself" guy.
Rant over but will take a few wins and some good reports of entertainment before I park my bum in the Ricoh in the near future. Still, I have my season ticket if we get Man U in the cup. Haha. Will get a few quid for the seat from all the fans who will come out of the woodwork.

Grendel

Let's be honest the brand of football is truly awful. No creation, no goals (1 in 360 minutes at home?) - it's the most dire tripe I've seen - it's really only the hardcore they will watch while this tripe is being served on us.

This is why long term building is nonsense. This start is already costing money. Mowbray has to turn it round or leave.

Buster

The dissapointing thing for me is that ,because i couldnt go my son took my two grandkids.Their first real match. Not the best start!

ccfcway

I missed Saturday game due to being on holiday. Listened to Geoff Foster commentating ( I use the word loosely) on Skyblueplayer
I can honestly say I was glad I wasn't there. The three home games plus Bradford away were all dire that I have watched this season. The only time I have been "entertained" this season was at Millwall for an hour.
Having been following City since 1970 when my Dad took me when I was 9 I would call myself a true loyal fan who has seen over a 1,000 games.
I travel down from South Yorkshire these days for home games and I think I have had enough.
TM is a decent footballing man who cares but he has no charisma and will not motivate this bunch of journey men players we currently have on the books. I have met Tim Fisher twice and I can honestly say my first impression was of an obnoxious pig headed "in it for myself" guy.
Rant over but will take a few wins and some good reports of entertainment before I park my bum in the Ricoh in the near future. Still, I have my season ticket if we get Man U in the cup. Haha. Will get a few quid for the seat from all the fans who will come out of the woodwork.

Sad to read that, but not sure this squad is a bunch of journeymen. We only have 2 players over 30.

hutch1972

I totally agree. Fickle as fuck, and I'd be one of the first to mention it. But I've had enough and stand by it.
There's not one football club on the planet who haven't got fickle fans , you only have to listen to the mancs and scousers after they have lost 2 on the spin.
Taking everything into consideration the crowds we get after all the bilge we put up with are exceptional.

Rodders1

Leicester had an average attendance of over 20k in League 1 didn't they?
Yes they did, my point is that they did dip down to 8k on occasions.

We would probably get close to that average if we were competitive and actually looked like we were going places.

I think in the year after their average was about 3k higher than ours in the championship - Not much.

Suppose I'm just pointing out how things change in a relatively short space of time.

Generally Midfield

Let's be honest the brand of football is truly awful. No creation, no goals (1 in 360 minutes at home?) - it's the most dire tripe I've seen - it's really only the hardcore they will watch while this tripe is being served on us.

This is why long term building is nonsense. This start is already costing money. Mowbray has to turn it round or leave.

Agree - and he can take sisu, wasps, the council and everyone who doesn't have CCFC's best interests at heart with him

bawtryneal

There's not one football club on the planet who haven't got fickle fans , you only have to listen to the mancs and scousers after they have lost 2 on the spin.
Taking everything into consideration the crowds we get after all the bilge we put up with are exceptional.

It's not a case of being fickle for me. It's a case of getting some form of entertainment on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday night after a 4 hour round trip and all the cost involved. I can go and watch Rotherham or Sheffield Wednesday or Donny Rovers for free with a three course meal if I want. It's a case of the owners and management of the club serving up some entertainment and giving the true loyal fans some hope. After nearly 50 years I have nearly lost all hope for the future. All very sad but all good things come to an end.
As I said in a previous post a month ago I am a "glass half full" guy but rapidly loosing it regards to City.

bawtryneal

I would consider myself hardcore but asking myself "what's the point". Lots of other ways to spend a Saturday afternoon without the frustration and hassle involved.
I hope Mr Fisher reads this and takes note. Somehow I doubt it !!!

bawtryneal

Sad to read that, but not sure this squad is a bunch of journeymen. We only have 2 players over 30.

Fair point but they will all turn out to be journeyman at best. Who in this squad will make a future championship team during their career. RCC maybe, JJ if he bulks up and stays fit.

Travs

I realise I'm in the minority here, but for me the quality of the football is a lot less relevant than the actual match day experience, which is shit, and pretty much has been since we moved to the Ricoh.

Actually move the home and away fans closer together and the atmosphere would improve 5-fold immediately, even if the results continued to be poor.

Yes there were some shocking atmospheres at Highfield Road in the couple of seasons before we left, but it was still our home, and the Ricoh isn't. Maybe in a generation it will be.

Sad to say but I head up to Bedworth for a match now, can actually stand where you want without getting hassled.... Well I won't go on, everyone knows what non league is like... Even Nuneaton is better, and as someone from Bedworth it pains me to say that...

And I went to Northampton so I know about shit match day experiences....

Unfortunately the comment about 'mongs' posted above does hold true... Although it also applies to most higher league clubs (of which I include Coventry)... At non league games people are there for the love of it and generally understand the game. Maybe it's just an English problem, and typifies the attitude that makes us shit at every World Cup. But I've been on some right rough stands in Italy, Spain and France, and even amongst the hardcore loonies, there's a far better understanding of the game than at your average English league match.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No surprise given the increase in prices

We will be under 8k regularly if we don't get winning soon.

What was the average last year?

NortonSkyBlue

I realise I'm in the minority here, but for me the quality of the football is a lot less relevant than the actual match day experience, which is shit, and pretty much has been since we moved to the Ricoh.

Actually move the home and away fans closer together and the atmosphere would improve 5-fold immediately, even if the results continued to be poor.

Yes there were some shocking atmospheres at Highfield Road in the couple of seasons before we left, but it was still our home, and the Ricoh isn't. Maybe in a generation it will be.

Sad to say but I head up to Bedworth for a match now, can actually stand where you want without getting hassled.... Well I won't go on, everyone knows what non league is like... Even Nuneaton is better, and as someone from Bedworth it pains me to say that...

And I went to Northampton so I know about shit match day experiences....

Unfortunately the comment about 'mongs' posted above does hold true... Although it also applies to most higher league clubs (of which I include Coventry)... At non league games people are there for the love of it and generally understand the game. Maybe it's just an English problem, and typifies the attitude that makes us shit at every World Cup. But I've been on some right rough stands in Italy, Spain and France, and even amongst the hardcore loonies, there's a far better understanding of the game than at your average English league match.
I live in Saudi Arabia and went to my first game in a couple of years on Saturday and was pleased with the match day experience apart from the dross on the pitch which is another subject altogether. Thirty two pounds for16 year old son and myself was good value for me. The catering offers good service and quality and I had no issue with the prices. The club shop on the concourse was a surprise and the fact the gate was so poor meant the toilets were easy to use. The music was good the penalty shoot out was lovely with the kids getting a great support from the crowd, something you don't normally see.
I believe if the team were winning and the football was entertaining there would be no complaints about the match day experience.
Also I felt the crowd were generous to the team on Saturday, that said the anti owners songs in the first 20 minutes must take its toll on the players.

Gazolba

Most of the people who go to the games don't care who the owners are and may not even know who they are.
What they want is value for money; entertaining football, 100% effort from the players, goals, and an occasional win.
The whole match day experience needs to be something positive and something they would want to do again.

Macca

Price is actually fairly irrelevant to me. I d turn down a free ticket at the moment, the passion has been sucked out of me.....and not in a good way

Pipehitterz

Calm down Mr Angry
You talk like you know me, didnt go sat ,i was playing golf
What does " Oh bore the Fuck off " mean. Is that like "sisu fuck off " what the fans sing

You state ' the Fans that stuck through this deserve to be heard '
That's me Mate, I don't chip off and play golf over my teams home game.
I've earned the right to berate inconsistent Fans that sing Sisu out this season but not last season when they thought we'd go up
Why not sing last year?
What if we have a reverse season to last and we do a barnsley,? Where will the 'out ' brigade be? Playing golf I suppose.

Get behind the team lad, that's all there is too it

Buster

You state ' the Fans that stuck through this deserve to be heard '
That's me Mate, I don't chip off and play golf over my teams home game.
I've earned the right to berate inconsistent Fans that sing Sisu out this season but not last season when they thought we'd go up
Why not sing last year?
What if we have a reverse season to last and we do a barnsley,? Where will the 'out ' brigade be? Playing golf I suppose.

Get behind the team lad, that's all there is too it
Try a round of golf ,there may be more peace in your life, football seems to be messing with your blood pressure

Gint11

I could write a book on why I've stopped going when I've had a ST for as long as I can remember and although I agree with all points raised above, it's down to 2 things, we are shit and have no direction/future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covstu

I can understand why people have had enough personally, it's getting more and more difficult every week. I don't get the non attendance just because of SISU, it is highly unlikely that attendances are going to go through the roof if they left, we would probably get a Gillingham esque game immediately afterwards then it will plummet to the norm. The truth being that a lot won't come back until there is some tangible successes, this position has really damaged our long term fan structure

Pipehitterz

Try a round of golf ,there may be more peace in your life, football seems to be messing with your blood pressure
i'll be playing golf the day i get back off my skiing holiday
and i aint ever speanding money on any skiing holiday

still cant answer the sisu out this year but not last year ?

shmmeee

I'm sure if I could be arsed I could find this exact post from you (and me, and a hundred others) about each of our last few managers bar maybe Robins.

Either something other than the manager is rotten, or the people that pick the manager do a shit job, I'm not sure either is a case to replace the manager. At some point you've got to see one past the inevitable poor season, it's not like we were Champions League material before he turned up.

ccfcway

Fair point but they will all turn out to be journeyman at best. Who in this squad will make a future championship team during their career. RCC maybe, JJ if he bulks up and stays fit.
Turnbull, Willis, bigi, rcc, Jones, Stevenson, harries.

Some poetic licence for a couple of the kids, but we have some decent players in the future in our squad

Grendel

I'm sure if I could be arsed I could find this exact post from you (and me, and a hundred others) about each of our last few managers bar maybe Robins.

Either something other than the manager is rotten, or the people that pick the manager do a shit job, I'm not sure either is a case to replace the manager. At some point you've got to see one past the inevitable poor season, it's not like we were Champions League material before he turned up.

I can only go on personal viewpoint but I have to say this for me is the worst I can remember.

Thorn was obviously shite beyond belief but that was a championship season and there were some big crowds and atmosphere.

Now it's as desperate as I've seen. It's a dire team with a vast souless stadium and it's depressing.

It will be hard to stand much more.

In 44 years this for me is as bad as it gets. Dire passionless football, a manager on Mogadon, a stadium that isn't ours and looks increasingly absurd, bottom of the league.

It's beyond bad.

skyblue1991

It's just a blip guys, honest.

The best thig to do is as follows:

33e547861debc88666b83bdae80dfeda2381befa1da9f3bf62e2e40d210f2c71.jpg

Gazolba

Two wins on the trot is always eminently doable, so until we are more than six points of 5th from bottom, I wont worry too much. As for the off-field problems, yes I agree it's looking bad but I'm still pretty confident CCFC will be around longer than SISU will. Whether I will be alive to see it is another question.

skyblue1991

I don't disagree with what Pipes has said.

Where were the chants last season when we were doing well? Where were the chants when we beat Gillingham last season to go top of the league? Why is it only when we are doing shit the 'SISU Out' chants come out?

Where are the 'Mowbray Out' chants? He is the reason we are bottom of the league, not SISU.

Buster

I don't disagree with what Pipes has said.

Where were the chants last season when we were doing well? Where were the chants when we beat Gillingham last season to go top of the league? Why is it only when we are doing shit the 'SISU Out' chants come out?

Where are the 'Mowbray Out' chants? He is the reason we are bottom of the league, not SISU.
Sky Blues talk has plenty of Mowbray out chants , following your chain of thought where were they when we were going for promotion

skyblue1991

Sky Blues talk has plenty of Mowbray out chants , following your chain of thought where were they when we were going for promotion
Don't believe there have been any at the ground.

There were plenty of people, including myself that wanted Mowbray out aroung March time this year after the dismal run. I gave him the chance to turn it around, but many didn't and they were right.

Users who are viewing this thread