Our gates (1 Viewer)

bawtryneal

Turnbull, Willis, bigi, rcc, Jones, Stevenson, harries.

Some poetic licence for a couple of the kids, but we have some decent players in the future in our squad

I hope you are right !!

bawtryneal

I can only go on personal viewpoint but I have to say this for me is the worst I can remember.

Thorn was obviously shite beyond belief but that was a championship season and there were some big crowds and atmosphere.

Now it's as desperate as I've seen. It's a dire team with a vast souless stadium and it's depressing.

It will be hard to stand much more.

In 44 years this for me is as bad as it gets. Dire passionless football, a manager on Mogadon, a stadium that isn't ours and looks increasingly absurd, bottom of the league.

It's beyond bad.

I agree with all the above but would add that the most important issue is I don't see it improving. Watching football is about "hope" and "belief", "getting promotion"' , "going on a cup run". Does anybody believe that will happen anytime soon, if ever again.

shmmeee

I can only go on personal viewpoint but I have to say this for me is the worst I can remember.

Thorn was obviously shite beyond belief but that was a championship season and there were some big crowds and atmosphere.

Now it's as desperate as I've seen. It's a dire team with a vast souless stadium and it's depressing.

In 44 years this for me is as bad as it gets. Dire passionless football, a manager on Mogadon, a stadium that isn't ours and looks increasingly absurd, bottom of the league.

It's beyond bad.

I'll defer to your first hand experience, as I say I haven't seen is this season yet. Just feels like groundhog day, there's got to be a better way.

oucho

We're on course for our lowest season average attendance in living memory (excluding the season at Sixfields)...but there is a "floor" on attendances as the club will always count all season ticket sales within each game's gate, even if none of the ST holders turn up.

Covstu

For me this isn't down to TM, this is down to what he has to work with and the resources available to him. I think he will leave before getting sacked I think

stupot07

For me this isn't down to TM, this is down to what he has to work with and the resources available to him. I think he will leave before getting sacked I think
Not having a pop at you Stu, but do you think we have the lowest budget in tbr league? Mowvray said its the same as last season, we finished 8th last season we're now bottom and scored only 3 goals in 8 games. As much as we hate the owners, the buck stops with Mowbray.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Even after stupid things like Saturday? Has he got the lowest resources in the league?

Plenty of league 1 clubs will be working within tight budgets, people don't seem to get that.

Covstu

Just don't think it's the answer, just fear we are going to get a thorn esque replacement and be in a worse position.

Nick

Administrator
Just don't think it's the answer, just fear we are going to get a thorn esque replacement and be in a worse position.
Mowbray is already being thornesque this season. Very random tactically and talks like he is shocked our midfield gets over run, for example.

Covstu

Maybe your right, maybe not. For me it's the constant short term view of the team that has been our detriment, reliance of loan players as key functions in the team rather than permanent appointments. It's just a reset every year with a team of strangers. We come close last year thanks to cracking loan signings but have never ever had that quality before and maybe never again. The model of recruitment is broken

Nick

Administrator
Maybe your right, maybe not. For me it's the constant short term view of the team that has been our detriment, reliance of loan players as key functions in the team rather than permanent appointments. It's just a reset every year with a team of strangers. We come close last year thanks to cracking loan signings but have never ever had that quality before and maybe never again. The model of recruitment is broken
The model where we have just bought Jones and Turnbull? And giving people longer contracts?

Pretty much every team will have loans, again it's not just us in league one.

Covstu

Not saying it's just us but this takes season on season building rather than instant success which loans signings expect. I hope we can add to these over the seasons so we have a team capable of challenging.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It's beyond bad.
I need to Lie down, I can't believe what I'm about to say. I 100% agree with you GRENDEL, and it's been 50 years for me .

But as it says on the SHIRT i will NEVER QUIT. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread