Our ticket prices for kids (1 Viewer)

Skybluecol

I got my 2 oldest lads from being ManU fans into City fans 3 years ago....haven't got the 11yr old nor the 5yr old season tickets nor JSB membership as at £50 and how often I would take them (5 or 6 matches) its just doesn't make sense.
People have said that adults have taken advantage of the kids prices in the past....very true....but it's down to the club to police and charging very high prices to be seen as a "fix" is very short sighted. If we don't get into the play off in the next 2 years then it really can be seen as short sighted as I'd expect season ticket numbers to drop and the next wave of youngsters won't be there.
If we're successful then don't see a huge issue....apart from being lesser of a family club as we've proudly called especially during the last 5 years

shmmeee

Family Zone rules need tightening for me. Need to get as few “I’ll get one just in case and for the cheap adult ticket” and as many “kids go every week” as we can. Not sure how you can do that. I’d be tempted to reduce the kids price further and remove the discount for the adult.

wingy

Idk exclusivity being introduced has come with associated costs,yes standard adult you could argue have gone up more but I'm sure that will come next year.

shmmeee

Another idea: sell a discounted day games only kids season ticket, maybe for younger age groups. Then have the seats available for older kids at a discount for night games.

The adult could forgo their night tickets too or get a voucher to sit wherever for those games so they’re not a bunch of singles opened up for older kids.

rob9872

Family Zone rules need tightening for me. Need to get as few “I’ll get one just in case and for the cheap adult ticket” and as many “kids go every week” as we can. Not sure how you can do that. I’d be tempted to reduce the kids price further and remove the discount for the adult.
Incentive could be eg if ticket used 15+ games then price held for following season otherwise doubles.

rob9872

You’re back to policing people like me that used their kids tickets to occasionally take a mate or the missus along.
But you can upgrade them at the ticket office and pay the difference. Hopefully really easy to spot outside if colour coded as suggested this year.

rob9872

And tbf you're the one saying kids prices are fine and the club should maximise revenue but occasionally misusing the card. Can't really have it both ways.

shmmeee

And tbf you're the one saying kids prices are fine and the club should maximise revenue but occasionally misusing the card. Can't really have it both ways.

Well I won’t be this year because the prices outside of the Fanily Zone don’t make it worthwhile.

pusbccfc

It will be £25 to take your kid to Leeds as they offer reciprocal ticket prices.

Somerset Sky Blue

I got my 2 oldest lads from being ManU fans into City fans 3 years ago....haven't got the 11yr old nor the 5yr old season tickets nor JSB membership as at £50 and how often I would take them (5 or 6 matches) its just doesn't make sense.
People have said that adults have taken advantage of the kids prices in the past....very true....but it's down to the club to police and charging very high prices to be seen as a "fix" is very short sighted. If we don't get into the play off in the next 2 years then it really can be seen as short sighted as I'd expect season ticket numbers to drop and the next wave of youngsters won't be there.
If we're successful then don't see a huge issue....apart from being lesser of a family club as we've proudly called especially during the last 5 years
I've just signed one up this year, which should reduce some ticket costs.
Thanks ccfc1234 for help.

Skybluecol

I've just signed one up this year, which should reduce some ticket costs.
Thanks ccfc1234 for help.
Think you'd have to do 6 games to make a saving and with an average of over £20 for a 5 year old I just can't justify the cost unfortunately.
I don't mind an increase but the club has made it clear that they're not targeting kids with the current pricing.
I've gone from taking my 5 year old when I can to thinking it'll be nearer to 10 when I do start taking him.
Recently, out club has been great but this is one gigantic own goal imo
Hope your lad/daughter enjoys the season 👍🏻

Somerset Sky Blue

Think you'd have to do 6 games to make a saving and with an average of over £20 for a 5 year old I just can't justify the cost unfortunately.
I don't mind an increase but the club has made it clear that they're not targeting kids with the current pricing.
I've gone from taking my 5 year old when I can to thinking it'll be nearer to 10 when I do start taking him.
Recently, out club has been great but this is one gigantic own goal imo
Hope your lad/daughter enjoys the season 👍🏻
Cheers skybluecol, hopefully you can take them up for a game or two at that age.
My son and daughter have both enjoyed watching city since about five and are already asking about a birthday present of a city shirt.
Keep the faith and I'm sure they will stay sky blue!

Sky Blue Pete

It’s a suck it and see
You are right about those making the decisions feeling they’ve nailed it

hamertime

If you look at the family stand pics from the game there are so many empty seats. Whats to stop 2 adults getting 2 adult and 2 kids for £600 and the kids never going, the adults have got their season tickets for £300 each. Adults should have to attend with the kids or pay the difference for that match.

If the club can see the kids tickets have not been activated they should bill the season ticket holder for the difference for that game, if the tickets were sold on that basis then the season ticket holder would have to comply.

shmmeee

If you look at the family stand pics from the game there are so many empty seats. Whats to stop 2 adults getting 2 adult and 2 kids for £600 and the kids never going, the adults have got their season tickets for £300 each. Adults should have to attend with the kids or pay the difference for that match.

If the club can see the kids tickets have not been activated they should bill the season ticket holder for the difference for that game, if the tickets were sold on that basis then the season ticket holder would have to comply.

You can start sending invoices out. The only way to do it is to make it not such a ridiculous deal for the adults. Keep kids STs cheap or even free with an adult ticket in the Family Zone.

mmttww

The only way to do it is to make it not such a ridiculous deal for the adults. Keep kids STs cheap or even free with an adult ticket in the Family Zone.
This is a good shout. Worth feeding back.

Pitch it right and you'll get a Family Stand.

cornoccfc

Someone (perhaps Walsall?), Do a cashback for juniors, where activation/ ticket use results in some of the initial outlay being returned.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

mark82

Fair play to Boddy for still fielding questions even while working the longest notice period in the history of British capitalism.

It's not really. Would be minimum 3 months, possibly 6 months (or potentially more).

Grendel

Fair play to Boddy for still fielding questions even while working the longest notice period in the history of British capitalism.

lol seriously? General vibe is he’s going

Skybluecol

Let's be honest it is just another excuse for that lot to moan about us.

I bet they still rock up with the chip on their shoulders, that now seems part of their DNA.
Moan about us? I'm with them 100% on this....its the only thing that really annoys me about our club. They'll be many other clubs that will rip into us about the price for kids tickets and rightly so.

Hobo

Moan about us? I'm with them 100% on this....its the only thing that really annoys me about our club. They'll be many other clubs that will rip into us about the price for kids tickets and rightly so.

You have a case, but my point is they are moaning like we are doing it to them, like we have targeted them and them only.

Skybluecol

You have a case, but my point is they are moaning like we are doing it to them, like we have targeted them and them only.
Sorry I missed your point @Hobo

That's probably how riled I am with the approach to kids tickets. My youngest turns 4 on Oct 6th......Norwich home on the 7th so wanted to take him for his 1st game. £20+ ticket and can't take him snacks nor his tablet incase he gets bored half way through.
As a parent what does this say to me? (I know the tablet ban is the Arena and not the club but not the point for me)

Basically.....don't bring your kid....he's not welcome. For everything the club has done good.....this massively takes all the good away for how they've played this out.

Old Warwickshire lad

But if they were Man Utd. fans they would never see a game.

Specs WT-R75

Hi all
Dave Boddy replied to say to ensure the issue is raised at the next supporters forum

Family zone pricing is spot on. Possibly even too cheap... Matchday JSB prices are a disgrace. If you remove the £50 JSB from the price of the £125 season ticket, then the 23 games for £75 works out at £3.25 a game. Paying £15 a game you would pass the break even point at 5 games. Comparing this to an adult with an average price of £30 (Cat B) and you need to attend 13-14 games to break even (no membership needed)... the JSB prices are just waaaay too high. To be comparable with adults that break even after 14 games they would need to be priced at £5.50 a game.

Perhaps reduce the kids prices for the cat B & C games which we know are not going to sell out anyway would be my advice - especially for those that buy JSB memberships for their kids...

Next season I would make the entire North stand a family zone. 1 free JSB per adult ST. Additional at a slight discount. Keep one block free for match day family sales for those families that cannot commit to a season ticket but still want to attend with their kids at sensible prices...

My 2cs anyway.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Someone (perhaps Walsall?), Do a cashback for juniors, where activation/ ticket use results in some of the initial outlay being returned.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
I'm thinking along these line too.

If the reason for the high prices is too many adults take the piss using concessions then I think it has to be charge high and enable kids to get something back.

Let's say, for example, there are a few stalls inside the arena that kids present themselves at and claim something like a free programme, some sweets/pop and a scarf/hat etc. They are getting this stuff that takes the overall price of the ticket down, but adults won't bother trying to blag the concession ticket as they won't get the benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread