Transfer Rumour Outgoings? (1 Viewer)

AOM

I quite like Walker but don't think he can play as a lone striker. He's not good at holding onto the ball. He is a good finisher though and is an immeasurably better option alongside Gyokeres than Waghorn.

That's fair. In his recent appearances, I thought he looked quite a bit bulkier (and slower because of it) and won a lot of flick on's.

Would like him to get a proper good run out in the team, but can't see it now unfortunately

ProfessorbyGrace

I’m hoping another signing is announced today, as two kids on either flank aren’t going to necessarily invigorate and shore up a limping squad.

GaryJones

Waghorn on his way maybe??
Not in squad and looking likely to move on in the next few days.

Grendel

Waghorn on his way maybe??
Not in squad and looking likely to move on in the next few days.

doubt he will get a league 2 club based on some of the logic on here

GaryJones

Wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up back at Derby or Covs Reserves team in Shrewsbury!

CDK

Think he will end up with Bidwell plus the loanees and have a reset in the summer and barring any more injuries at CB including rose we will get through midtable which will be classed ok by king.

Samo

Think he will end up with Bidwell plus the loanees and have a reset in the summer and barring any more injuries at CB including rose we will get through midtable which will be classed ok by king.

And what are you basing that bollocks on?

Hobo

I’m aware of that. However, I was hoping we’d have signed a CB as we have Burnley?

How would a signing today help v Burnley? A player has to be registered with the FA by 12 noon the day before a match to play.

Also players have stuff to sort out and no chance of training with squad. No way would they play even if registered.

Our whole season doesnt hinge on away at Burnley. It is one we would expect to lose anyway. Its more important we get the right deals rather than just get a body in.

fernandopartridge

Waghorn and Kane gone, that really is fantastic business.

Well done to the club so far.
What's good business about it? The fact the club's finances appear so perilous that we weaken our already wafer thin squad ahead of a match against the league leaders. It's embarrassing really, we can't be that desperate surely that we couldn't hold them off until a replacement is agreed?

ProfessorbyGrace

How would a signing today help v Burnley? A player has to be registered with the FA by 12 noon the day before a match to play.

Also players have stuff to sort out and no chance of training with squad. No way would they play even if registered.

Our whole season doesnt hinge on away at Burnley. It is one we would expect to lose anyway. It’s more important we get the right deals rather than just get a body in.
Did I say the season hinged on Burnley away?
However by your logic, a defeat is permissible; wouldn’t you rather us turn up and get a result with a more solid back line?

A CB should have been wrapped up this week, it’s a priority.

Sky Blue Pete

What's good business about it? The fact the club's finances appear so perilous that we weaken our already wafer thin squad ahead of a match against the league leaders. It's embarrassing really, we can't be that desperate surely that we couldn't hold them off until a replacement is agreed?
Serious?

Sky Blue Pete

Did I say the season hinged on Burnley away?
However by your logic, a defeat is permissible; wouldn’t you rather us turn up and get a result with a more solid back line?

A CB should have been wrapped up this week, it’s a priority.
I wonder if they’ve been trying? Nah you’re probably right you and grendel it’s all about reducing wages rather than improving the squad ffs

Great_Expectations

Moot point IMO FP.

Would Kane have made any difference tomorrow, whatever the result - nope.

Would Waghorn? Possibly due to our lack of striking options. However, if it was a case that keeping him for tomorrow would have put his move in jeopardy then it’s the right call to let him go.

Plus, people are expecting a loss anyway aren’t they?

It’s no secret we’ve wanted both gone, and now they are.

Ridiculous

Hi Mate - still waiting for evidence that I’ve said every signing we’ve ever made is an upgrade?

ProfessorbyGrace

You speak as if you just knock on the door of your rivals and take the prize player. Grendel convinced we are trying to reduce wages and had to in order to raise money for any loans, he might be right but could we wait and see
Am I? That’s a grand assumption from somebody who doesn’t know me.
A centre back is a priority, it has been since Fadz was injured, and there’s still no signing; where did I say Grendel has said this or that so that you think I agree with him?
Seriously, wind it in, mate. I come here to chat and to have a banter, not have someone jump on me for shit I haven’t said.

Sky Blue Pete

Am I? That’s a grand assumption from somebody who doesn’t know me.
A centre back is a priority, it has been since Fadz was injured, and there’s still no signing; where did I say Grendel has said this or that so that you think I agree with him?
Seriously, wind it in, mate. I come here to chat and to have a banter, not have someone jump on me for shit I haven’t said.
Sorry
It is clearly a priority but you improve the squad where you can when you can. The two wing backs are so integral to the way we play. Be gobsmacked if we don’t sign a permanent cb this window

Hertsccfc

We are not weakening the squad to any genuine extent by getting rid of Kane and Waghorn.

I am confident the two loans we have made will contribute far more.

Esoterica

PL clubs are littered with young pacey wingbacks who love to attack. Signing the type of centre back we need is going to be really tough though. We need an experienced leader not another promising 20 year old, someone who will stick their head on anything, control the back line but can pass the ball too. That costs money and I can see us having to compromise on that before the window closes.

stupot07

Yes serious and hope to god Vik doesn't go down injured after 3 minutes like O'Hare did at Sheffield
Basically said the same on the Waghorn thread. I'd rather us bring someone before letting him go. We have just 2 recognised 'attacking' players in Vik and Palmer. We're then into Harrison Nee

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread