Transfer Rumour Outgoings? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Basically said the same on the Waghorn thread. I'd rather us bring someone before letting him go. We have just 2 recognised 'attacking' players in Vik and Palmer. We're then into Harrison Nee

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
So Waghorn just hasn’t been anywhere near good enough

fernandopartridge

Basically said the same on the Waghorn thread. I'd rather us bring someone before letting him go. We have just 2 recognised 'attacking' players in Vik and Palmer. We're then into Harrison Nee

It's good business to leave your small squad even smaller. I'm going to go and sell the copper piping out of my house tomorrow, it's good business with copper pricing as it is. I'll sort it all out after next week's cold snap

Hertsccfc

It's good business to leave your small squad even smaller. I'm going to go and sell the copper piping out of my house tomorrow, it's good business with copper pricing as it is. I'll sort it all out after next week's cold snap
Two players in and two out. How is that smaller?

Esoterica

Have to believe Robins thinks he’s got someone lined up for very early next week to let Waghorn go today.

Hertsccfc

I am going to keep my old boiler that doesn't work any more and sit in the cold rather than get a new one that's being offered to me at a reasonable price.

higgs

Waghorn is no loss no doubt we snapped their hands off when we got wind someone was willing to take him off us. Bapaga surely on the bench

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Grendel

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Kane and Waghorn are two players contributing almost nothing other than a respectable chunk out of the wage bill and a seat on the bench. We wanted them gone in the summer (allegedly) and couldn't find any takers. If the wage bill needs cutting in order to bring players in, and we have takers for those two, then for me it is a pretty open and closed case that you move them on whilst you have the chance.

Are we low on numbers tomorrow? Yes
Are we probably going to lose tomorrow anyway? Yes
Will they bring in replacements that surely can't be any worse? All being well yes

I get that last point is probably where it lies, but I can't see why we're getting upset about losing Waghorn and Kane.

fernandopartridge

Why? Do you think he would score? Were you at Sheffield United? How effective was he as a sub there?

Palmer or even Allen would be more likely to score in that position.
I was at Sheffield United yeah, he managed a shot on target which is a lot more than your mate Tavares has done since that goal

Sky Blue Pete

Kane and Waghorn are two players contributing almost nothing other than a respectable chunk out of the wage bill and a seat on the bench. We wanted them gone in the summer (allegedly) and couldn't find any takers. If the wage bill needs cutting in order to bring players in, and we have takers for those two, then for me it is a pretty open and closed case that you move them on whilst you have the chance.

Are we low on numbers tomorrow? Yes
Are we probably going to lose tomorrow anyway? Yes
Will they bring in replacements that surely can't be any worse? All being well yes

I get that last point is probably where it lies, but I can't see why we're getting upset about losing Waghorn and Kane.
No one is just grendel trying to bring us all down

Telfer85

It’s clear Robins wanted Waghorn and Kane off the wage bill. He also expressed concerns about the timing of Waghorns departure today in his interview. So for him to decide to do it must mean that he sees getting rid the lesser of the two evils.
At the end of the day our season isn’t dependent on the result against Burnley where we are expected to get beat anyway it’s a free hit. Even if Vik got injured and we have to bring on Nee it’s not gonna be a season defining moment. Obviously getting rid of the alleged 10k a week is more important for this windows business than keeping waghorn to warm the bench tomorrow.
If waggy got injured tomorrow or another target Huddersfield are after became available over the weekend then we would be kicking ourselves that we are stuck with his wages for rest of the season. It might free up more business for robins to do or allow him to go after better quality.

larry_david

It’s clear Robins wanted Waghorn and Kane off the wage bill. He also expressed concerns about the timing of Waghorns departure today in his interview. So for him to decide to do it must mean that he sees getting rid the lesser of the two evils.
At the end of the day our season isn’t dependent on the result against Burnley where we are expected to get beat anyway it’s a free hit. Even if Vik got injured and we have to bring on Nee it’s not gonna be a season defining moment. Obviously getting rid of the alleged 10k a week is more important for this windows business than keeping waghorn to warm the bench tomorrow.
If waggy got injured tomorrow or another target Huddersfield are after became available over the weekend then we would be kicking ourselves that we are stuck with his wages for rest of the season. It might free up more business for robins to do or allow him to go after better quality.
Was gonna say, according to the itks waghorn was on the list to get rid of in the summer but it didn't happen for whatever reason. You imagine now we've finally got a taker, we say we'll let him go after tomorrow's match, he then does his calf in for 2 months and we're stuck paying full wages.

Nah I agree with getting him out ASAP. We deal with tomorrow with Vik and if the worst happens, it happens, it's Burnley away it's a free hit and MR clearly has irons in the fire for this

PVA

Getting rid of Kane is not weakening the squad 🤣 we've just signed someone miles better than him.

Binning Waghorn is weakening the squad for a few weeks until Godden and Walker return. They're both obviously ahead of him in the pecking order.

mmttww

Anyone who can't see that getting those two gone is anything but brilliant news is just after a whinge. You can't pick when you get an offer; we've got rid of deadwood, leaves us better placed to grab someone better.

We've got half the window to plug the gap at CB and poss. someone at CAM. Walker or Godden to chip in with a few each. Still too dependent on Vik and O'Hare but fixing that in Jan is wishful thinking.

Also, I wanted Waghorn to come good but if the timing of him going before Godden and Walker are fit means we get a look at Bapaga, I'll take that. He picked a good time to bag a hat trick in the U21s!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's a double edged sword.

Of course letting them Waghorn leave today (Kane's replacement was already in before he left) leaves us short up front tomorrow, but it is one match which frankly we'd all be happy to get anything out of. Plus Waghorn would've most likely been on the bench and hasn't exactly been a game changer when we have used him.

On the other hand we bring in his replacement before letting him leave, but during that time the other team decide to sign a different player instead. Or Waghorn gets injured in training. So then we have both him and his replacement taking a hefty wage for the rest of the season which could cause all sorts of financial problems.

If someone was willing to take him on a deal that suited us then let him go before they change their minds.

Of course if we go another two weeks and we've got no further reinforcements I'll be getting a bit annoyed but as long as we get those couple of players in the door during the window that's fine by me.

skyblu3sk

What will be interesting is if we were able to move for 4 before outgoings as that could let us wheel and deal for up to 6 now. Could really help bolster across the patch.

skyblu3sk

You're normally a pretty pragmatic poster... seem to have lost it a bit tonight... all OK?

Users who are viewing this thread