Overson (2 Viewers)

Pusb1

Sour bastard isn't he?

GIMOC came across just like him on this forum.

take your sense of entitlement elsewhere

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230810_171737_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20230810_171737_X.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 707

CV22SBA

I reckon he’s got his own supporters club going with the amount of tickets he was getting his friend to resell at Wimbledon last night.

alexccfc99

He has got a point tbh, Seems a bit odd that the man who literally owns the company who sponsors the clubs strips is asking supporters for spares on social media

Saddlebrains

Oversons a great bloke. Did way more for the club financially than a lot of people know.

Put it this way it was more than 7 figures investment and had to sometimes literally pay for the shirts on the players backs.

At the end of the day I've tweeted Will myself a few times, and i quoted the tweet in question, asking questions about things and he swerves it. Unless its middle aged men who sleep in cov shirts or women fawning over him he doesnt respond.

Does anyone not agree that for a man to have the money to be able to sponsor a championship football team, its a bit odd that he lives on a dilapidated boat and begs for tickets off fans for games????

pusbccfc

Will is obviously joking. Or course he has a ticket and the match isn't even sold out.

Deity

Oversons a great bloke. Did way more for the club financially than a lot of people know.

Put it this way it was more than 7 figures investment and had to sometimes literally pay for the shirts on the players backs.

At the end of the day I've tweeted Will myself a few times, and i quoted the tweet in question, asking questions about things and he swerves it. Unless its middle aged men who sleep in cov shirts or women fawning over him he doesnt respond.

Does anyone not agree that for a man to have the money to be able to sponsor a championship football team, its a bit odd that he lives on a dilapidated boat and begs for tickets off fans for games????
And we should care because ?

TomRad85

Well considering there were times we literally couldn't afford kit, coach travel and overnight stays at away games and pre season tours in the dark days and he fronted id say you should care a fair bit
I'm not sure there's any need for him to be rude with the King brothers though is there?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

I'm not sure there's any need for him to be rude with the King brothers though is there?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

They've been more than rude to him and a couple of others since they have came in i assure you.

He could have worded it better fair enough, but its a valid point. Can we remember QPR away last year where Will was begging for a ticket and ended up with the fans? Not a good look for a man supposedly minted enough to sponsor us

alexccfc99

They've been more than rude to him and a couple of others since they have came in i assure you.

He could have worded it better fair enough, but its a valid point. Can we remember QPR away last year where Will was begging for a ticket and ended up with the fans? Not a good look for a man supposedly minted enough to sponsor us
Tbh doesn’t Doug sit on the board of KoS and have shares?

I’ve said from the off it’s a FFP blag and I stand by that

Balli001

You seem to defend him a lot. You are steadily turning in to GIMOC

Deity

Overson may well be a great guy, who cares passionately about City, and has been very generous in the past.

we are told he wanted nothing in return for his donations.

However in return he has had unparalleled access to players, Ryton, Covid matches, promotion parties etc …. The stuff many fans dream of.

…. a new owner has bought the club and wants to run it on a commercial basis. Overson et al we are told don’t like it. If has donated a 7 figure sum over a number of years I’m sure he can also afford the market rate for a box.

we were told King wasn’t going to reinvest the Vik money, not true.

we were told fans wouldn’t pay the higher rates for season tickets or boxes, not true.

We were told we had got the shirt sponsorship deals wrong, it’s not transparent but we are told we have record revenues in this area.

Therefore when we see Overson appearing quite so sarcastic in public it’s ok for us normal fans to ask what’s his real motive ??

Saddlebrains

You seem to defend him a lot. You are steadily turning in to GIMOC

Course id defend him. He paid for Ryton renovations, team transport, team kits, pre season tours, during covid and all the restrictions he even hired an outdoor chef and food kitchen so the players could carry on the normal training day routine.

Yes there is a new regime, yes we have to move with the times and yes maybe he could have worded the tweet better

I just dont see how a man who helped the club out to the tune of low millions gets slated 🤷

Saddlebrains

Overson may well be a great guy, who cares passionately about City, and has been very generous in the past.

we are told he wanted nothing in return for his donations.

However in return he has had unparalleled access to players, Ryton, Covid matches, promotion parties etc …. The stuff many fans dream of.

…. a new owner has bought the club and wants to run it on a commercial basis. Overson et al we are told don’t like it. If has donated a 7 figure sum over a number of years I’m sure he can also afford the market rate for a box.

we were told King wasn’t going to reinvest the Vik money, not true.

we were told fans wouldn’t pay the higher rates for season tickets or boxes, not true.

We were told we had got the shirt sponsorship deals wrong, it’s not transparent but we are told we have record revenues in this area.

Therefore when we see Overson appearing quite so sarcastic in public it’s ok for us normal fans to ask what’s his real motive ??

Valid points of course, and wont argue with them or try and defend them.

As I've said above he's been there when the club didnt have a penny, just find it a bit distasteful that people can latch onto the tweet and say 'ooo sour bastard' etc when a few years back those same people would have been dumbstruck at the club barely even being able to fulfill away fixtures etc without his injections is all

skyblu3sk

Valid points of course, and wont argue with them or try and defend them.

As I've said above he's been there when the club didnt have a penny, just find it a bit distasteful that people can latch onto the tweet and say 'ooo sour bastard' etc when a few years back those same people would have been dumbstruck at the club barely even being able to fulfill away fixtures etc without his injections is all
The bit I don't get is why he's so upset? It's clear that since King has come in we have been able to move the dial on a lot more stuff than Sisu ever could. Did he want Sisu to stay and him keep propping them up?

Saddlebrains

The bit I don't get is why he's so upset? It's clear that since King has come in we have been able to move the dial on a lot more stuff than Sisu ever could. Did he want Sisu to stay and him keep propping them up?

From what i understand its more of the way it was done, not that it was done. Very 'im here now fuckoff mate'

Wouldn't have took much to just acknowledge the help, or go about it in a better manner

twistandshout

Overson and a few others kept this club going and were treated accordingly.
Doug has come in he dosent need or want their help and the priviledges have gone.
Its no different than fans complaining that they have supported city away for years and now cant get tickets.

Deity

Overson and a few others kept this club going and were treated accordingly.
Doug has come in he dosent need or want their help and the priviledges have gone.
Its no different than fans complaining that they have supported city away for years and now cant get tickets.
This is the price of relative success for everyone. Should we ever get to the Premier League again we will all feel the sizeable increase once again.

ccfc1234

I suspect any falling out would be about percived respect and gratitude levels. I don't personally know any of the actors involved here but IF Doug has been blunt and dismissive of people who have gone above and beyond for the club it does make me wonder why. Either way with the season started, i hope people can unite behind the team and put any personaity issues, that may exist, to one side.

Users who are viewing this thread