Transfer Rumour Palmer to Norwich (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

It’d be interesting to see some posters’ reactions if he was sold for a couple of million.
Well he’s starting in our first XI, has 2 years left on his contract and we’re under no pressure financially to sell. So that would point towards a decent price needed to take him off our hands.

Tommo1993

Still think he’s a luxury player. Would be odd for the club to accept anything now though imo. As has been said already, I’d have been all over this if it was earlier in the window.

Esoterica

He was Kasey 'Almost' Palmer on Saturday. That was almost a great pass. That was almost a great goal. That was almost a good corner. He almost lasted 90 minutes. Had a lot of freedom on Saturday and a lot of the ball, in reality created very little for our strikers. One over-hit throughball to Simms in the first half and a couple of chances he created for himself that he blazed over. Perhaps not a number 10 but Ayari's weight of pass looked far superior in his cameo.

Grendel

He was Kasey 'Almost' Palmer on Saturday. That was almost a great pass. That was almost a great goal. That was almost a good corner. He almost lasted 90 minutes. Had a lot of freedom on Saturday and a lot of the ball, in reality created very little for our strikers. One over-hit throughball to Simms in the first half and a couple of chances he created for himself that he blazed over. Perhaps not a number 10 but Ayari's weight of pass looked far superior in his cameo.

Spot on

PVA

Yet he had 4 times the xA of anyone else and twice as many passes into the penalty area as anyone.

He should have done better with his shooting I agree there. But pretty much every chance went through him.

junglej13

Said exactly this on Sat. He's very skillful but his impact on the result of a game is often zero. Often his decision making is quite poor and final ball overhit. Even the Simms chance on Sat - Simms probably did as well as he could have given the pass took him so wide. In a game locked at 0-0 he never looks like being a matchwinner. I also suspect he will never play more than 15-20 games a season.

It's a strange tweet from Romano. He was the first to confirm Palmer was coming here last summer so evidently has some link with his agent.

SBT

I’m still confused by people thinking Sakamoto can’t play as an AM. I thought he looked good vs Swansea.
I think a player with his work rate and technical ability can look good in pretty much any midfield position. Just not sure if it’s the best spot for his talents.

fernandopartridge

Don't be nasty

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

I think a player with his work rate and technical ability can look good in pretty much any midfield position. Just not sure if it’s the best spot for his talents.
I dunno about that. He seemed to have the freedom of the pitch and was popping up on either wing quite a bit.
Surely that’s a better use of his talent?

BlueSkiesForever

I think with the current situation of O’Hare still in training, Allen still not anywhere near ready for full 90 mins, Ayari still gelling with the team etc, I think we would be absolutely stupid to sell Palmer for anything under £5 million. People will say he’s not worth that but in our current situation with the transfer deadline looming we’re in no position to be selling our main attacking midfielder atm, unless we have a replacement ready to be signed in which case fair enough.

Legia Sky Blue

If Bidwell is likely to go I wouldn't be averse to a deal involving somekind of Palmer/ McCallum exchange if it was in our favour, particularly if we do have an attacking midfielder lined up from Europe. All bullshit I suspect though!

Astute

Norwich changed their minds when they found out we wanted eleventeen million for him.

I know he has his haters but he was the only one making things happen against Sunderland. They couldn't believe we took him off. Most probably wouldn't if he hadn't been booked.

And the same line comes out. He isn't very good because he hasn't scored. If that's the case most of our players are not very good.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Amazing you’re so quick into a thread once again proving you can’t judge players.

Do you mean Maddison for Example. 🤔 " Never make it in the premier league"

Calista

It’d be interesting to see some posters’ reactions if he was sold for a couple of million.
I’d be massively disappointed with that as Palmer is the most watchable and creative player we have, and given how much of the end of last season he missed I imagine still not at full sharpness. No doubt people will say he’s made of glass, can’t last 90 minutes blah blah, but I really don’t know what he has to do to earn some people’s support. Some brilliant stuff on Saturday and several great passes, including the one to Simms very harshly described on here as “over hit”. Great vision, and with any less weight it would have easily been cut out. He would be a big loss to the squad IMO.

Offhegoes

I’d be massively disappointed with that as Palmer is the most watchable and creative player we have, and given how much of the end of last season he missed I imagine still not at full sharpness. No doubt people will say he’s made of glass, can’t last 90 minutes blah blah, but I really don’t know what he has to do to earn some people’s support. Some brilliant stuff on Saturday and several great passes, including the one to Simms very harshly described on here as “over hit”. Great vision, and with any less weight it would have easily been cut out. He would be a big loss to the squad IMO.
Fully agree. Great player, who seems to have been revitalised by Robins and Viveash. Can’t imagine he’d want to go or we’d let him go.

Users who are viewing this thread