Transfer Rumour Panzo coming back? (2 Viewers)

David O'Day

The other centre backs were really good that day remember David 😂😂
Fadz got bullied at times and wasn't McNally 30 yards out of position for their goal? But something that happened as their bloke cheated is what is always mentioned. There was no Panzo trauma in the final for me because even from 100 metres away it was a clear handball. I'm shocked other people couldn't see it

Martin180

Wasn’t stupid at all

recency bias over that clanger in the final

but our other centre backs weren’t great either, that’s my point ffs 😂
Sorry I thought you were trying to say we would have won and kept a clean sheet if Panzo had started

Matt smith

Fadz got bullied at times and wasn't McNally 30 yards out of position for their goal? But something that happened as their bloke cheated is what is always mentioned. There was no Panzo trauma in the final for me because even from 100 metres away it was a clear handball. I'm shocked other people couldn't see it
This^

Martin180

Matt has point, people seem to not mention the awful defencing Fadz and McNally did that day
The back line was dreadful for the first half . We knew what Luton what do and throw at us and didn't handle it .
The weird assumption now that Panzo would've solved that seems very bizarre

David O'Day

The back line was dreadful for the first half . We knew what Luton what do and throw at us and didn't handle it .
No one is saying that

We are talking about how one moment where a Luton player cheated is always brought up when you talk about Panzo but no one mentions McNally being in a different city to the Luton forward for their goal

Martin180

No one is saying that

We are talking about how one moment where a Luton player cheated is always brought up when you talk about Panzo but no one mentions McNally being in a different city to the Luton forward for their goal
I'm also glad we've got Thomas instead of McNally who also worried me on the ball

Matt smith

Not saying he would have done

just saying that no one mentions how poor defensively we were in that first half

would Panzo have made it better? Maybe not

is it unfair to mask over the first half display and just dig out Panzo? Yes

Martin180

I haven’t said that at all, Doyle is better

I’m saying the defence weren’t great that day, what’s not to understand?
No one disputes that , ever
I've just read that because of our collective defensive ineptitude that we should sign Panzo ?

Martin180

Not saying he would have done

just saying that no one mentions how poor defensively we were in that first half

would Panzo have made it better? Maybe not

is it unfair to mask over the first half display and just dig out Panzo? Yes
Just to clarify, as I thought i did earlier , my point is not as regards his dreadful indecision in the final but throughout the season in my opinion

Reactions: vow

usskyblue

I wouldn’t be interested in a loan for Panzo but if it’s a reasonable fee, he’s a good player to buy and develop imo.

It was widely reported that we wanted McNally on a permanent but Burnley were only wanting to loan him out.. hence his subsequent loan move. I absolutely fuckinglove the fact we own nearly all of our new signings, that they have room to grow and develop and are on long term contracts.

It’s a huge step in the right direction.

Old Warwickshire lad

I wouldn’t be interested in a loan for Panzo but if it’s a reasonable fee, he’s a good player to buy and develop imo.

It was widely reported that we wanted McNally on a permanent but Burnley were only wanting to loan him out.. hence his subsequent loan move. I absolutely fuckinglove the fact we own nearly all of our new signings, that they have room to grow and develop and are on long term contracts.

It’s a huge step in the right direction.
We wanted to buy him, Burnley wouldn’t sell.
Move on, forget about him.
He wasn’t that good anyway ( just my opinion).

Alkhen

I think people's perspective of Panzo is poisoned by a recency bias, particularly after what happened in the play-off final. He wasn't actually a bad player, he just fell out of form and was probably lacking in confidence after being displaced by Callum Doyle (who was class) in the latter half of the season. Realistically, as a left-footed CB around the age of 22-23, he currently fits our model of recruitment, and I think people have written him off far too soon. There's no doubt a decent player there imo. Definitely wouldn't mind having him back, especially for some much needed squad depth in the defensive department.
Alternatively, I also wouldn't mind taking a punt at Humphreys who would seem to offer some potentially similar qualities minus the trauma attached to Panzo due to that play-off incident
Nailed it, people only remember the heart attack he gave everyone at Wembley.

I thought he was promising bordering good during the first half of the season, he then lost his place (got injured didn't he?) And Doyle was just too good to shift. No shame in that.

If we can get him cheap enough I wouldn't mind having him back to develop properly.

Last edited:

Frostie

Panzo was technically a good player, his biggest problem is concentration. If we could pick him up for a reasonable fee I'd have him.

Agree with you guys.

This is what I said almost a year ago now & I'd stand by it:

Panzo is one of those players I'd love as a permanent signing to bed in gradually because it's clear he has the quality & in time would be a perfect fit for us. We know that was the original plan but never materialised.
As it is though he makes some basic errors & looks lost positionally at the moment which is not ideal for a season long loan as we're developing him for someone else to ultimately benefit.

Old Warwickshire lad

Errm… Isn’t that wot I justsaid m8?

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN
It was meant for the ones that think he was a world beater.

slowpoke

I’d be okay with Panzo thought he did okay first half of the season in difficult circumstances considering our poor start, got injured after xmas and was sidelined a number of weeks and Doyle nailed the LCB spot.
Once we settled after that poor start our defence was just as mean with him in the team. Offer £1.5mill perhaps with a sell on clause think that would be a decent deal.
Don’t want a loan.
I have heard though that we are in for a Premiership loan for CB if that’s true can’t see us going for Panzo as well.

Bennettbarnet

Panzo was not technically inept. He wasn't perfect, but he had a good base to work from.

I think the poster who suggested Panzo induced PTSD from his play-off howler is spot on. Remove that, and we would look at him a bit more favourably.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

TomRad85

I'm not against Panzo at all, maybe I'd just gotten greedy as with the money we'd be splashing about I still half expected us to spend biggish on our final defender. There's something to work with on Panzo though, but a loan would make little sense.

Also I accept I don't know much about Binks and maybe he is good enough to be our starting LCB this season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Can’t understand the play-off “howler” talk, it was handball and should have been seen immediately by the referee and linesman.

Users who are viewing this thread