Phone in Tonight - Potentially something "big" (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

If HE calls him a chances, I'll back this Evans and his bid all the way...

Think he's just come out the woodwork so I beg for Hoffman to take over, anyway.
Trouble is I fear that SISU do not like or want to deal with Hoffman or should I say Sepalla does'nt

Nick

Administrator
Credit where credits due, that’s quite a well constructed and written post for someone who was clearly steaming when they wrote it.

I always like to take a little time out on a Sunday morning to appreciate Saturday night pissed up ramblings.
If only he was steaming

mechaishida

A Coventry City fan, who is new to wealth, announces he wants to buy the club and he is subjected to vitriol from his own people! You couldn't make it up, no wait and see, no I hope he is genuine.
What the fuck is in it for him at this stage? PR? bump his status? This guys status is his bank account and rather than giving him support or the benefit of the doubt he is ridiculed.
It may turn out he is a chancer like others have been but at least let him have a chance to be proven to be a fraud.
I hold no view on this guy except I do hope is can offer us a future.
Isn't that what we all should want?

The vitriol is earned, and although I'm quite the optimist, common sense usually prevails when we have a 'new owner/benefactor' in the apparent pipeline.

I've been taken in too many times by the likes of Dhinsa and their hollow talk, so you can dream all you like, mate.

There's a line between optimism and fantasy, and I won't be drawn over into the latter.

Oh, and the mere suggestion I don't want a saviour for my club is not only preposterous, but absolutely fucking backwards. So what if Dale is a fan? So what if he has a few million in the bank? He'll have to bankrupt himself and any other investors just to break even, without negotiations for the stadium involved.

Now, tell me again why you find such 'vitriol' in my post, mate.

NortonSkyBlue

The vitriol is earned, and although I'm quite the optimist, common sense usually prevails when we have a 'new owner/benefactor' in the apparent pipeline.

I've been taken in too many times by the likes of Dhinsa and their hollow talk, so you can dream all you like, mate.

There's a line between optimism and fantasy, and I won't be drawn over into the latter.

Oh, and the mere suggestion I don't want a saviour for my club is not only preposterous, but absolutely fucking backwards. So what if Dale is a fan? So what if he has a few million in the bank? He'll have to bankrupt himself and any other investors just to break even, without negotiations for the stadium involved.

Now, tell me again why you find such 'vitriol' in my post, mate.

Because you have been taken in by others you are no longer open to the possibility he is genuine?
I am consistent in my approach, I have no idea if Dale Evans is a chancer or the real deal and nor have you. If he is a fantasist then we have lost nothing and if he is a genuine bidder then we have potentially gained something.
Time will tell, you and others dismissing him (perfectly understandable given the history of jokers previously) may find that with the Hoffman consortium, Richard Overson and Evans, this may be the push that gets rid of Sisu. There again it may not.
So what if he is a fan? well I suspect that any sensible bidder would back out once the full extent of damage was disclosed, at least the Hoffman/Overson/Evans are fans and are emotionally attached to the project, know the ground and academy situation and after so many depressing years of despair I find that holding a little hope in my heart is better than what we have now.

bawtryneal

I didn't take him seriously on Friday or Saturday but when I saw his social media photo post with the Mad Hatters this morning that was the final straw for any credibility that may have existed.

Nick

Administrator
Because you have been taken in by others you are no longer open to the possibility he is genuine?
I am consistent in my approach, I have no idea if Dale Evans is a chancer or the real deal and nor have you. If he is a fantasist then we have lost nothing and if he is a genuine bidder then we have potentially gained something.
Time will tell, you and others dismissing him (perfectly understandable given the history of jokers previously) may find that with the Hoffman consortium, Richard Overson and Evans, this may be the push that gets rid of Sisu. There again it may not.
So what if he is a fan? well I suspect that any sensible bidder would back out once the full extent of damage was disclosed, at least the Hoffman/Overson/Evans are fans and are emotionally attached to the project, know the ground and academy situation and after so many depressing years of despair I find that holding a little hope in my heart is better than what we have now.

Its not about being taken in by others, people will form their own views.

I'd be more worried about people taken in by him though.

martcov

Can’t be the real deal nowhere near enough

if I won £120 million+ after making the family secure for life sisu, toxic Tim, Boddy and Hornby would be history within a month, now I don’t know how genuine this Evans guy is but if he is my guess he is fronting others or trying to attract similarcwell heeled supporters to get this lot out, going to need considerably more than what Hoffman and his consortium have offered. Their bid seems to have petered out now.

What’s Hornby done wrong?

Otis

Notice Mr Evans has removed all his posts from over the weekend on Facebook.
And so he should. What he said was shown to be factually inaccurate.

He was talking as if things were well down the line with the club in terms of a takeover etc.

Truth was something completely different.

mark82

And so he should. What he said was shown to be factually inaccurate.

He was talking as if things were well down the line with the club in terms of a takeover etc.

Truth was something completely different.

I completely agree. Maybe if he does have the funds he says some of the folks he met at the weekend have advised him to take it down.

Chipfat

Been told not go public or use social media with any ideas, plans or potential bids i would imagine, by who? that is worth knowing, if this is all not a load of horse shit that is? As for Fisher its only a distraction!!! FFS moving to Northampton, Court cases and no ground is a distraction Tim, not a poker player getting ahead of himself on CWR.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Been told not go public or use social media with any ideas, plans or potential bids i would imagine, by who? that is worth knowing, if this is all not a load of horse shit that is? As for Fisher its only a distraction!!! FFS moving to Northampton, Court cases and no ground is a distraction Tim, not a poker player getting ahead of himself on CWR.
I also read Mr Fisher's comments , [ QUOTE , IT'S ONLY A DISTRACTION , UNQUOTE . ]

No wonder some people think he's a MUPPET !!!

oucho

As much as i would like this to be true, what we have seen so far does not inspire much confidence in this being genuine. Just my opinion, am not taking sides.

Chipfat

The club is a mess and bids, interest and any other parties all become ridiculed or discredited in a very short space of time, which doesn't help anyone now or in the future. More than a few with contacts and money have come knocking and soon end up walking away after looking at it or trying to deal with the likes of Tim. Sisu don't want the club but are quite happy to jump on anyone who shows up, wonder why. As long as court cases go on we are going to have to suffer with this perpetual circle of smoke and mirrors.

Travs

Seems like some people on this thread are blaming SISU for this guy seemingly being shown up as a bit of an amateur.

Is there no end to what we can blame them for...?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Seems like some people on this thread are blaming SISU for this guy seemingly being shown up as a bit of an amateur.

After what Tim Fisher and SISU have put us through , then no !!!

Westendlad

No Never...........sisu are scum and have brought our club to the bottom of the pits.......Fuck em ..

Chipfat

What do you expect them to do when said bidder is presenting themselves as a total mentalist?!?

I agree regarding this one individual, he didn't do this in the correct manor. He has put himself and family in the firing line with a very emotional and heated situation. If he is who he says he is, then his emotions took over and the rest we all know. My point was a general point in regards to those before him, we know of a few and no matter of personal opinion these have been respected, knowledgeable and all professional businessmen who have bid and tried without any sign of progression.

Last edited:

oucho

I agree regarding this one individual, he didn't do this in the correct manor. He has put himself and family in the firing line with a very emotional and heated situation. If he is who he says he is, then his emotions took over and the rest we all know.

Eh?? Are you talking about Dale Evans? If so, what did he do after the Friday interview? If not then what?

Nick

Administrator
So to sum it up, has Fisher had him silenced?

giphy.gif

Terry Gibson's perm

Can’t be the real deal nowhere near enough

if I won £120 million+ after making the family secure for life sisu, toxic Tim, Boddy and Hornby would be history within a month, now I don’t know how genuine this Evans guy is but if he is my guess he is fronting others or trying to attract similarcwell heeled supporters to get this lot out, going to need considerably more than what Hoffman and his consortium have offered. Their bid seems to have petered out now.

Strange would also be on my banning list

Users who are viewing this thread