Phone in Tonight - Potentially something "big" (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
IF he really is part of a takeover attempt please someone grab hold of him and tell him to shut up. Keep him off social media.

He needs to develop a thick skin and not worry about what people say to doubt him on twitter facebook or forums, not keep reacting to it. If he ends up part owner he is going to need a very thick skin

What he is doing right now is not helpful and is probably putting the ransom price of CCFC up!

d3k8UM88h14F1Vya.jpg

I kind of like the idea on trying to take over the club just using GIFS and Social Media images to communicate though.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I can't believe you're even entertaining the idea that this might be serious. You're an astute fellow, doesn't this reek of bullshit to you?

very sceptical of it in truth. Not sceptical enough to say categorically it isn't possible. I haven't seen or heard anything that convinces me so far

Just fed up of things being done by him and others via the media. Got a bid to make, do it through the right channels. It seems currently that people bidding need the reassurance of fans before actually approaching the people who actually own the club - that smacks of no confidence in what they are doing. I think at least initially any one making a successful bid is going to get plenty of fan support so there is no need for a media circus or social media frenzy.

Will Mr Evans be part of our future ownership ? I have no idea but no reason to believe it so far

skybluetony176

There is another possible scenario. Assuming that the back story is true would a potential buyer with the lack of business acumen this chap has displayed actually have Joy salivating at the prospect that some mug be willing to pay enough to bail her out of this investment? Let’s face it, whatever you think of Hoffman he is a well healed business man with a good track record. Because of this even with added sentimental value is he automatically too canny to pay Joy enough so that she can save some face? Probably. In many respects Hoffman is over qualified to make a deal happen because it would have to be on terms that make sense to him. This guy on the other hand...

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
This guy on the other hand (if you believe it is true)................. could be storing up financial problems for the club adopting the approach he is

It isn't just about acquiring the club but about what happens after and does the acquisition bring problems with it

NorthernWisdom

This guy on the other hand (if you believe it is true)................. could be storing up financial problems for the club adopting the approach he is

It isn't just about acquiring the club but about what happens after and does the acquisition bring problems with it
I suppose the only thing you could say is it's easier to get the club shifted on (again!) from a well-meaning mentalist than a ruthless financial enterprise....

skybluetony176

I suppose the only thing you could say is it's easier to get the club shifted on (again!) from a well-meaning mentalist than a ruthless financial enterprise....

Yeah. I wasn’t suggesting it was the answer or a good idea and I’m not overly keen but like NW says it might make it easier to move the club onto someone more capable.

Nick

Administrator
I am not sure of that approach though. Didn't Hoffman try a "front man" before?

It isn't so much the whole won his money from cards thing, people can make millions from gambling so while him being a "gambler" is a bit of a risk anyway it's more the fact he goes on the radio to say loads of things that seem to be completely made up.

It's not so much the where he says he got his money, more the way he is going about it.

bawtryneal

You obviously not feeling any better OSB
Time on your hands !!!
Its making my lunch time enjoyable reading all this take over talk.
Seriously, you couldn't make it up haha

skybluebeduff

I say give the guy chance and time, you can all second guess as much as you like, look at it this way, we either gain nothing, or lose nothing.

oucho

I hadn't realised that editorial standards at BBC CWR had dropped to the extent that they'll let anybody with half a story get a heavily-plugged interview on the radio, with the station seemingly having done anything to verify whether any of the claims they knew would be made (if not, why plug the interview in the first place?) were factually correct or not.

I might try the same ting myself later this week, see how far I get - just for the LOLs. Look out for me, I'll call myself Vivian Hooper, a Hawaii-based nightclub security firm owner originally from Cov who has made his money and now wants to chuck it all away....

shmmeee

I hadn't realised that editorial standards at BBC CWR had dropped to the extent that they'll let anybody with half a story get a heavily-plugged interview on the radio, with the station seemingly having done anything to verify whether any of the claims they knew would be made (if not, why plug the interview in the first place?) were factually correct or not.

I might try the same ting myself later this week, see how far I get - just for the LOLs. Look out for me, I'll call myself Vivian Hooper, a Hawaii-based nightclub security firm owner originally from Cov who has made his money and now wants to chuck it all away....

Don’t forget to mention your rich Japanese backer Mr Fakename (pronounced fah-keh-nah-may)

Users who are viewing this thread