Play-offs (3 Viewers)

mrtrench

I've been looking at the betting - on this and the playoffs for L1 and L2.

Brentford hot favourites again to go up; as they were last year. Swansea are 5/1 outsiders.

I think that B'mouth might easily beat Brentford in the first round and that Swansea will beat Barnsley over the two semi-final games. So I'm shorting Brentford and long Swansea... looking to close the Brentford short after the first game if B'mouth win (and Swansea if they beat Barnsley).

What do others think?

In L1, Sunderland are favourites and I don't think they'll go up - so they are shorted and I'm long Lincoln - again because I think 4/1 is too long.

L2 very difficult to call - it's been nip and tuck all season long for the top 8 or so places.

slowpoke

Our division is wide open and hard to predict even outsiders Barnsley they have done well against the fancied teams this season, at a push though I go for Bournemouth, as for league one team in form and flying is Blackpool they seem to have come from nowhere a Sky Blue day in Blackpool is overdue so hopefully it’s them. League two haven’t a clue.
I think with the betting I’m going to do a treble roll up Bournemouth, Blackpool and Tranmere although strangely they have just sacked their manager.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Brentford hot favourites again to go up; as they were last year. Swansea are 5/1 outsiders.

I think that B'mouth might easily beat Brentford in the first round and that Swansea will beat Barnsley over the two semi-final games. So I'm shorting Brentford and long Swansea... looking to close the Brentford short after the first game if B'mouth win (and Swansea if they beat Barnsley).

What do others think?

In L1, Sunderland are favourites and I don't think they'll go up - so they are shorted and I'm long Lincoln - again because I think 4/1 is too long.

L2 very difficult to call - it's been nip and tuck all season long for the top 8 or so places.
Swansea to win with Brentford runner up is 8/1 on sky bet

TM8792

What do others think?

Alright Warren Buffett calm down.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
My Oxford supporting mate reckons Blackpool were the best team they'd played.

They've got Critchley as boss, one of only 16 coaches worldwide to hold a FIFA Elite licence...

fernandopartridge

Don't want Sunderland to come up, purely because of the potential $$$$$s they will have behind them. From a footballing point of view, I don't fancy them at all.
Who took them over? I was under the impression it wasn't anybody with any real money or sense as Stewart Donald still retains a share

Dickie

Brentford have the best form of the lot up to the end of the season, but as we know that counts for nothing. They’ve also failed in their last 9 play off campaigns - 10th time lucky? I hope so.

rexo87

Want Bournemouth to go up purely because we can beat any of the other 3 next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Want Bournemouth to go up purely because we can beat any of the other 3 next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bournemouth will lose players if they don't go up. They probably need to go up more than any of the others.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

We'd probably be best with Bournemouth going back up. If they stay down then there are more teams in the division with parachute money. Brentford wouldn't be bad for us, they're a well run club and will get there eventually.

Worst would probably be Barnsley, I think they'll regress next season to mid-table at best. I'd like them to stay in the division and not be back in 12 months £200m better off.

TomRad85

We'd probably be best with Bournemouth going back up. If they stay down then there are more teams in the division with parachute money. Brentford wouldn't be bad for us, they're a well run club and will get there eventually.

Worst would probably be Barnsley, I think they'll regress next season to mid-table at best. I'd like them to stay in the division and not be back in 12 months £200m better off.
I don't disagree but I'm sorry I can't want Bournemouth to go up. Poxy little club that are way too big for their boots.

Liquid Gold

I don't disagree but I'm sorry I can't want Bournemouth to go up. Poxy little club that are way too big for their boots.

Don't disagree with you. Not rooting for them at all, just trying to work out what's likely to be best for us. It might be better if they didn't get back up and lost their parachute payments after a few years and ended up back in the lower leagues where they belong. Probably just get their billionaire owner to buy them another promotion though.

TomRad85

Don't disagree with you. Not rooting for them at all, just trying to work out what's likely to be best for us. It might be better if they didn't get back up and lost their parachute payments after a few years and ended up back in the lower leagues where they belong. Probably just get their billionaire owner to buy them another promotion though.
My theory is that although you'll end up with more teams on parachute payments if they don't go up, not all those teams can go up next time around and teams often go completely to shit if they don't bounce straight back.

Danceswithhorses

Brentford for me.
I actually think they deserve it for being so well run...they've sold a ton of excellent players, but recruited well to replace them.
Another season in the championship for Bournemouth, and they will have to sell more of their hugely overpaid players, making them weaker.
Swansea and Barnsley will struggle massively if they achieve a promotion, and lets face it, they were no better than us in the regular season (based on our games against them)

ccfcchris

What do we know?

• Bournemouth have lost their last three games to nil
  • Brentford have won their last four games

• Swansea have won three of their last 11 games
  • Only Norwich (25) have more wins since late October than Barnsley (23) in the Championship
So difficult to predict. My gut feeling for what it's worth is Bournemouth will beat Brentford and Barnsley will beat Swansea. But as we all know these games are incredibly tight.

clint van damme

Just said on 5live Barnsley had the second lowest wage budget in the championship.

They've done fantastic but surely that's bollocks?

Frostie

Just said on 5live Barnsley had the second lowest wage budget in the championship.

Of course it is. They were at over £8m at last submitted accounts, that's definitely higher than the 3 promoted clubs (ours was £4.6m in same period).

Probably not far off next lowest I'd guess though to be fair to them, great achievement, even with the fees that they've paid.

Ccfcisparks

Of course its bollocks. Barnsley will tell you that its the lowest budget in the league. They've signed all their players on the equivalent of a packet of wine gums and 3 first class stamps. Thats purely the reason their manager should win the award for best manager of all time.

Barnsley

Of course its bollocks. Barnsley will tell you that its the lowest budget in the league. They've signed all their players on the equivalent of a packet of wine gums and 3 first class stamps. Thats purely the reason their manager should win the award for best manager of all time.

Our owner said theirs 4 clubs with lower wage bills than ours.

Users who are viewing this thread