Play-offs (3 Viewers)

the rumpo kid

Of course its bollocks. Barnsley will tell you that its the lowest budget in the league. They've signed all their players on the equivalent of a packet of wine gums and 3 first class stamps. Thats purely the reason their manager should win the award for best manager of all time.
First class stamps, fancy bastards.

mrtrench

Brentford 6/4 to win the play-offs. Bournemouth 7/2. And yet watching this game, I'd say B'mouth are edging it as the most likely to score - in the first half at least.

ccfcchris

What do we know?

• Bournemouth have lost their last three games to nil
  • Brentford have won their last four games

• Swansea have won three of their last 11 games
  • Only Norwich (25) have more wins since late October than Barnsley (23) in the Championship
So difficult to predict. My gut feeling for what it's worth is Bournemouth will beat Brentford and Barnsley will beat Swansea. But as we all know these games are incredibly tight.
First one in the bag. Guarenteed profit even if Barnsley lose.

Alkhen

Us having some skin in the game totally nagates my usual tenancy to root for the underdog/outsider.

Kind of like what Brentford are doing but I just want Bournemouth gone.

mrtrench

That Bournemouth team is fucking strong on paper isn't it. Absolutely hate for them to go up though A. They are cunty. B. Parachute payments killing the competition.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I feel the same way about parachute payments... but what do you do? The Premier League is such that teams have to pay big wages to try and stay up - but if they don't they cannot get rid of the high-paid players fast enough.

no_loyalty

That Bournemouth team is fucking strong on paper isn't it. Absolutely hate for them to go up though A. They are cunty. B. Parachute payments killing the competition.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Parachute payments are a joke, why compensate a club for being relegated? One day they might revert to a level playing field hopefully.

Terry Gibson's perm

Parachute payments create situations like Derby overspending to keep up, maybe there should be something but not as much as it is there should be some jeopardy when teams come down they shouldn’t always just switch with most of the teams that went up and then repeat. Teams that went down going back up make the prem teams happy as they don’t have to pay the later parachute payments so get another lump of cash.

Bugsy

Parachute payments are a joke, why compensate a club for being relegated? One day they might revert to a level playing field hopefully.

I don't understand it either getting rewarded for failure. Utter madness. If that's the case we should be zillionaires
.PUSB

Sky Blue Harry H

Bournemouth v Brentford - a lot of skill on show
Barnsley v Swansea - a lot of effort on show

mrtrench

I've switched over - not enjoying the Barnsley-Swansea game. What a way to play football.

Bugsy

Aren't parachute payments there to stop the drop in income from bankrupting a club?

Yeah think it is that, can understand maybe one off payment then to sort the mess, but 3 seasons worth don't make sense just my opinion like... PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread