PLAYOFF DEBATE (1 Viewer)

steve cooper

Would take that all day. Would leave needing 3 wins out of 5 I reckon with QPR Reading and Brum to play.
Especially with these games being played in the next 3.
Luton V Watford
Norwich V Sheff U
West Brom V Millwall
Millwall V Luton
Blackburn V Norwich
Middlesboro V Burnley
Burnley V Sheff U

Last edited:

Skybluedownunder

Took us a while to shake off the manager of the month curse but it’s now a 9 game unbeaten run but with the poor teams we played we should have picked up more than the draws we got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

Took us a while to shake off the manager of the month curse but it’s now a 9 game unbeaten run but with the poor teams we played we should have picked up more than the draws we got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can’t win them all. The Wigan goal was annoying and lucky but if you offered me 7 points from the bottom 3 then I would have taken it quickly. 2 away from home where we scored 4 goals each.
It’s the same argument as Swansea 3-0 up….. yes again annoying but these things do happen to everyone across a season. We have had last minute goals again. West Brom penalty when we hanging on a bit springs to mind.

We won’t make the playoffs but to be in the discussion and clearly have a punchers chance then that’s utterly incredible. After 10 games if you offered me 21st I would have snapped your hand off.

ccfcricoh

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter
yea i clearly confused myself too :LOL: but you get the jist!

Astute

We won’t make the playoffs
Why not?

Have you seen how many times the teams above us have to play each other? Tomorrow the two below us play each other. 3 of those above us have to play Burnley still.

Boosh

Why not?

Have you seen how many times the teams above us have to play each other? Tomorrow the two below us play each other. 3 of those above us have to play Burnley still.

Charity bet?

TewkesburySkyBlue

Well as it’s a 7% chance of promotion I wonder what the % is for a play off place
Probably about 30% I would have thought Pete but as others have said ,teams that come late to the party often claim a spot and if we could make it I'd fancy us against anyone in the playoffs.
We are currently 5th in the last six games and 3rd in the last 10 so definitely one of the form teams and that counts for a lot at this stage of the season.
We'll probably know a lot more after this weekend.

Kingokings204

Why not?

yeah good point but Burnley are as good as up. The hard work has been done for them. Maybe subconsciously not as tough team to play.

also forget other teams for a second…. We still have to win 5-6 games and I just can’t see us doing that. So it’s irrelevant what the other teams do for me. Hey we have a punchers chance as I say and I accept that and with Vik staying fit then yeah we must have a chance.

skybluelee

Probably about 30% I would have thought Pete but as others have said ,teams that come late to the party often claim a spot and if we could make it I'd fancy us against anyone in the playoffs.
We are currently 5th in the last six games and 3rd in the last 10 so definitely one of the form teams and that counts for a lot at this stage of the season.
We'll probably know a lot more after this weekend.
More pertinently we're 4th over the last 28 games! The excellent form has essentially covered the whole season (bar a mini post-WC blip) once we'd navigated our way through the pitch debacle left by those egg chasing cunts.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The fact that we're even talking playoffs given our circumstances and where we're come from is a minor miracle.
For me next season is the one I think we might make the playoffs. Right now just shy and to finish where we are now is fantastic.

Astute

Especially with these games being played in the next 3.
Luton V Watford
Norwich V Sheff U
West Brom V Millwall
Millwall V Luton
Blackburn V Norwich
Middlesboro V Burnley
Burnley V Sheff U
This is what many don't consider. Lots of points to be dropped. And we're 9 unbeaten with only 8 to go.

Boosh

How much? Odds are in your favour. Just a small bet of £500 and we give it to someone like Nick to hold so you pay up.

Christ it’s like trying to negotiate with Tyson Fury.

£50 to a charity of the winners choice. I bet that we do not make the playoffs.

Take it or leave it.

Astute

yeah good point but Burnley are as good as up. The hard work has been done for them. Maybe subconsciously not as tough team to play.

also forget other teams for a second…. We still have to win 5-6 games and I just can’t see us doing that. So it’s irrelevant what the other teams do for me. Hey we have a punchers chance as I say and I accept that and with Vik staying fit then yeah we must have a chance.
Burnley are after over 100 points. Always nice to have your name in the record books.

Astute

Christ it’s like trying to negotiate with Tyson Fury.

£50 to a charity of the winners choice. I bet that we do not make the playoffs.

Take it or leave it.
Where is the negotiation? We both give Nick £500 so the charity gets paid. Not lost a charity bet on here yet but not always been paid when I win.

Boosh

Where is the negotiation? We both give Nick £500 so the charity gets paid. Not lost a charity bet on here yet but not always been paid when I win.

Yes, I will send a random man off the internet with obviously questionable morals £500.

Take the bet or leave it, if not, don’t reply to me again you’re clearly a troll

Astute

Yes, I will send a random man off the internet with obviously questionable morals £500.

Take the bet or leave it, if not, don’t reply to me again you’re clearly a troll
Questionable morals?

Without Nick you wouldn't have a place to act like an idiot. Put your money where your mouth is.

Grendel

It’s only Dongle who didn’t pay and he never paid any of us - you can’t just give Nick £1,000 in his bank

Boosh

It’s only Dongle who didn’t pay and he never paid any of us - you can’t just give Nick £1,000 in his bank

He doesn’t want the bet clearly but if anyone else does then I’m happy to

Grendel

Astute

He doesn’t want the bet clearly but if anyone else does then I’m happy to
I have said I will let someone else hold the money for our bet yet you say I don't want the bet 😂😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread