Poll: How long will Trump be President? (1 Viewer)

Poll: How long will Trump be President?

• Up to 1 year (inaugurated 20 Jan 2017)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up to 2 years

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Up to 3 years

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Up to 4 years (fulll term)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 2 full terms (8 years)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clint van damme

Hilary Clinton who is a motormouth on Twitter didn’t post a thing about it.

The sign of class would be for 2 minutes forget about right and left devides and congratulate someone who has made the world a bit safer with this deal and more to come we are told.

How this isn’t good news and trumps gets slated just shows to me he can’t do no right and therefore those people lose their validity to me.

I'm no fan of trump but I think Hilary would have started another war by now, she seemed hell bent on it.

wingy

Hilary Clinton who is a motormouth on Twitter didn’t post a thing about it.

The sign of class would be for 2 minutes forget about right and left devides and congratulate someone who has made the world a bit safer with this deal and more to come we are told.

How this isn’t good news and trumps gets slated just shows to me he can’t do no right and therefore those people lose their validity to me.
I could /can go along with all that and am beffudled by pointing out that Sky article this morning .
What would hold me back to some extent is the problem shifting now further East around Taiwan ,Philippines,Vietnam etc .
Couple that with his destabalising divisive attitude to the European continent.

chiefdave

I'll ask the same question again, what has Trump actually achieved here?

The only tangible thing actually mentioned in the joint statement, which is non-binding, is denuclearization. Denuclearization had already been agreed to by Kim as part of the Panmunjom Declaration earlier this year.

Since the summit Trump has also announced the cancellation of the military exercises and the removal of US troops. The troops and the exercises are there for the protection of South Korea. Wonder if they feel the world is a safer place today? The Pentagon knew nothing about it, the day before the talks they were reassuring allies that a reduction in troop numbers was not even a topic for discussion.

Outside of the published agreement Trump has also said Kim will destroy a missile testing facility. That hasn't been mentioned by Kim but if true is likely to be either Iha-ri which they are already in the process of dismantling or Punggye-ri which partially collapsed after the most recent test and where further use would likely lead to a radiation leak.

The only other thing he's mentioned is hotels on North Korean beaches, wonder what hotel chain they will belong to?

Captain Dart

Bin Laden was taken out by the USA along with many other scumbags who were taken out by drones under Obama. Obama was criticized for drone attacks.

I preferred the Obama way to destroying Western agreements and breaking treaties with Iran. The chaos created by the unpredictability and dishonesty of Trump can only end in tears. Iran has already warned Kim about dealing with Trump. Both of these tossers, Trump and Kim, had a head start by inheriting the family business built up by their grandfather and father. Both would never have got to their position of power without that.

Kim has got his international recognition by meeting on equal terms with the most powerful clown/ man on the planet. Trump has given himself a boost before the midterms.

That’s what it’s all about. Let’s see what actual substance comes out of this. Stopping US military exercises in the region is a start and is probably welcomed by the Chinese.

Frankly neither you or I can tell what the result will be. I remember thinking Reagan would be a disaster, but didn't his approach lead to the removal of the Berlin wall?

Mainly I'm happy they've stopped posturing aggressively and started talking.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I reckon Trump is seeking the Nobel Peace Prize.

martcov

Frankly neither you or I can tell what the result will be. I remember thinking Reagan would be a disaster, but didn't his approach lead to the removal of the Berlin wall?

Mainly I'm happy they've stopped posturing aggressively and started talking.

Yes, that is a positive. Still, nothing that is happening is doing so without China‘s knowledge or consent.

I wonder what the trade off is.

skybluetony176

Credit for what?

People seem to forget that North Korea has failed to denuclearise several times over the last 25 years even when they stood to gain more than they’re apparently going to gain this time. I hope something concrete does come from this and if it does Trump will rightly deserve credit for this but history shows it’s right to be cynical about this until something tangible happens.

Cov City Daytrader 87

People seem to forget that North Korea has failed to denuclearise several times over the last 25 years even when they stood to gain more than they’re apparently going to gain this time. I hope something concrete does come from this and if it does Trump will rightly deserve credit for this but history shows it’s right to be cynical about this until something tangible happens.

Just remember the Ronald Reagan phrase: 'Trust, but verify'.

Grendel

What I don’t understand is when the most powerful and influential man on the globe has talks with a murdering terrorist he is widely condemned as the talks generate nothing.

Yet when a crumpled bearded left wing back bencher with zero influence at all met with a murdering terrorist (or two or three) we are told it was to bring peace in our time.

Ok

Cov City Daytrader 87

It's down to the people who you associate with. One is willing to learn and grow, whilst the other hangs with the so called elite know is all bad crowd.

rondog1973

What I don’t understand is when the most powerful and influential man on the globe has talks with a murdering terrorist he is widely condemned as the talks generate nothing.

Yet when a crumpled bearded left wing back bencher with zero influence at all met with a murdering terrorist (or two or three) we are told it was to bring peace in our time.

Ok
It’s widely documented in the pages of this forum your condemnation of Corbyn for engaging in talks with members of a terrorist regime. What's your take on Trump for talking to a mass murdering head of state?

dancers lance

It’s widely documented in the pages of this forum your condemnation of Corbyn for engaging in talks with members of a terrorist regime. What's your take on Trump for talking to a mass murdering head of state?
Mass murdering heads of state like Barack Obama who, whilst President attacked Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia, Iraq and Syria resulting in the deaths of thousands of people and for the entire 8 years of his administration was never questioned?

martcov

Mass murdering heads of state like Barack Obama who, whilst President attacked Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia, Iraq and Syria resulting in the deaths of thousands of people and for the entire 8 years of his administration was never questioned?

Counted as soft by Trump and the right.

martcov

Ok

The talks aren’t over yet. Up until now nothing has happened. Apart from the US giving Kim the recognition he wanted and Trump stopping the military exercises with South Korea ( which could change in a tweet at any time).

Corbyn is not in power, so we don’t know what deals he could pull off with unsavoury people.

rondog1973

Well answered.....

I'm not the one who got into some faux moral outrage about either issue by the way.

clint van damme

are we really arguing over which US president is the most murderous?
everyone in my lifetime has been a sociopath or a psycho.

Cov City Daytrader 87

Explain please.

Okay, basically Donald trump surrounds himself with the best and the correct people. This mean networking, making contacts. and willing to learn. Don't forget he's a business man who has been through bankruptcy and other things in life.

Left wing benchers have only gone to so called top universities and come out thinking they know it all. Plus the people they hang around with are just (what someone would one call) self appointed elitist whom create an illusion to their constituencies that they're there to help them and solve their problems. In reality they are there to get votes up their ego, therefore do nothing to solve or come up with resolution or making things worse.

martcov

Okay, basically Donald trump surrounds himself with the best and the correct people. This mean networking, making contacts. and willing to learn. Don't forget he's a business man who has been through bankruptcy and other things in life.

Left wing benchers have only gone to so called top universities and come out thinking they know it all. Plus the people they hang around with are just (what someone would one call) self appointed elitist whom create an illusion to their constituencies that they're there to help them and solve their problems. In reality they are there to get votes up their ego, therefore do nothing to solve or come up with resolution or making things worse.

In reality Donald Trump has surrounded himself with unsavoury people. Many of them downright crooks. Trump limps from scandal to scandal and his „good people“ are constantly being indicted which suggests that even as criminals go, they are neither the best nor the brightest.

Grendel

In reality Donald Trump has surrounded himself with unsavoury people. Many of them downright crooks. Trump limps from scandal to scandal and his „good people“ are constantly being indicted which suggests that even as criminals go, they are neither the best nor the brightest.

Can you explain why his approval rating is significantly higher than all main EU leaders?

Grendel

His approval rating Dave is 44% positive in the last poll which for a leaders in mid term is unheard of. So rather than show juvenile videos explain why leading workers unions who would never back a republican let alone such a maverick like trump now back him?

On the other hand the likes of macron have appalling ratings. Why is that?

skybluetony176

His approval rating Dave is 44% positive in the last poll which for a leaders in mid term is unheard of. So rather than show juvenile videos explain why leading workers unions who would never back a republican let alone such a maverick like trump now back him?

It’s not unheard of. In fact it mirrors Obama’s at the same stage of his presidency.

Grendel

It’s not unheard of. In fact it mirrors Obama’s at the same stage of his presidency.

So you believe Trump is as popular as Obama - why is that given Obama’s feel good factor and the fact trump is globally despised by the liberal elite?

Grendel

First things first. Can you just confirm it isn’t unheard of as you previously claimed it to be.

I hate to disappoint you Tony but Obama’s plunge in ratings after 175 days was the fourth worst of all USA presidents. Trump had the lowest popularity rating in US history before 175 days other than Gerald Ford - if the trend continues trump will have the highest popularity upsurge in American history from election to end of term.

Why?

martcov

He is a populist kick ass president. He lies, cheats, bullies, breaks deals, but for the masses that’s ok. It is exciting and they think the USA is winning. In actual fact it is a charade and he is nothing more than a mob boss. As Arron Banks says about the referendum, it is about emotion and not facts and sometimes you have to lead people up the garden path to get the result that you want. That is what populism is about - bullshit. You either fall for it hook, line and sinker, or you are revolted by it.

skybluetony176

I hate to disappoint you Tony but Obama’s plunge in ratings after 175 days was the fourth worst of all USA presidents. Trump had the lowest popularity rating in US history before 175 days other than Gerald Ford - if the trend continues trump will have the highest popularity upsurge in American history from election to end of term.

Why?

Are you going to admit that you were wrong when you claimed that Trumps approval ratings before the midterms is unheard of?

Given you’ve gone of on a goal post moving tangent I’m going to say no. You won’t admit that you are wrong.

Also it isn’t the fourth lowest of all presidents it’s the joint fourth lowest of the last fourteen as these polls wasn’t held for the previous twenty nine presidents. Nothing like a bit of Grendull fact to cloud an admittion that another Grendull fact is incorrect. You’re going to have to come up with another Grendull fact now so you don’t have to admit that your new Grendull fact is also incorrect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread