Poll: How long will Trump be President? (2 Viewers)

Poll: How long will Trump be President?

• Up to 1 year (inaugurated 20 Jan 2017)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up to 2 years

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Up to 3 years

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Up to 4 years (fulll term)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 2 full terms (8 years)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chiefdave

Just tried to find how many US veterans remains there are to recover from Korea and numerous articles came up about recent funerals after remains began being returned in 2000.

They've had to take DNA from surviving family members to try and match up with the remains and its only n the last couple of years those remains returned nearly 20 years ago have been identified.

It seems the bodies were left there as at the time the US didn't have a policy of returning bodies during conflicts, hence why there are US war cemeteries in Europe.

There was a period where the remains were being returned but the US then stopped paying North Korea to return them. Since that point NK have maintained a stance that they would be prepared to return them once payments were resumed. Would be interesting to know if there is any payment in solved in the agreement made by Trump.

dancers lance

Counted as soft by Trump and the right.
I have no time for Trump, the Man is at best, a moron, however, I do find that a majority of the arguments against him are driven by a hate of him as a person rather than his political decisions, which I find very disingenuous.

dancers lance

I have no time for Trump, the Man is at best, a moron, however, I do find that a majority of the arguments against him are driven by a hate of him as a person rather than his political decisions, which I find very disingenuous.
And whatever Trump and his camp's opinion on Obama, the fact still stands that he was responsible for many deaths (including many civilians) whilst he was in office, if the mission to kill Bin Laden was one taken by Trump, there would be an outrage.

wingy

I wouldn't go as far,and don't hate him but have no respect for him as a leader or business mogul.
But I have absolutely no time for him and his divisive technique, it's been a trip back in time.
Othering is the most basic form of gaining, holding and keeping power, belongs in the dark ages .
He uses across the spectrum.

dancers lance

I wouldn't go as far,and don't hate him but have no respect for him as a leader or business mogul.
But I have absolutely no time for him and his divisive technique, it's been a trip back in time.
Othering is the most basic form of gaining, holding and keeping power, belongs in the dark ages .
He uses across the spectrum.
In my opinion, he was very lucky with the timing of his political campaign and profited very well from the protest vote.

clint van damme

In my opinion, he was very lucky with the timing of his political campaign and profited very well from the protest vote.
benefited from Hilarys ego as well. If Saunders had got the Democrat nomination I don't think Trump becomes POTUS.
She knew that but took her chances because she wanted the prize for herself.

dancers lance

benefited from Hilarys ego as well. If Saunders had got the Democrat nomination I don't think Trump becomes POTUS.
100% she was a walking (when she wasn't falling over) disaster.

martcov

And whatever Trump and his camp's opinion on Obama, the fact still stands that he was responsible for many deaths (including many civilians) whilst he was in office, if the mission to kill Bin Laden was one taken by Trump, there would be an outrage.

No there wouldn’t be an outrage.

dancers lance

We will never know, but I can say I wouldn’t be outraged in the case of Bin Laden.
I don't think many people would, my point is, if Trump had ordered it, the "faux outrage" would have been a sight to behold.

Grendel

I don't think many people would, my point is, if Trump had ordered it, the "faux outrage" would have been a sight to behold.

It’s the same when Bush said “we are gonna smoke out those folks” Obama had the Kennedy touch. Much of trumps rhetoric is very similar to Kennedy actually

dancers lance

Had Kennedy not been assassinated, there's no way he'd be looked at remotely favourably.

Funny how early death allows people to gloss over how terrible inept people can be.
People look on JFK with rose tinted glasses I'm afraid, the Bay Of Pigs debacle (even though first thought up by the Eisenhower administration) was strongly pushed forward by JFK as an attempted show of his power, what a fuck up that was, and the first of many.

wingy

Had Kennedy not been assassinated, there's no way he'd be looked at remotely favourably.

Funny how early death allows people to gloss over how terrible inept people can be.
It's weird I was six and clearly remember the upset in our household, parents very upset.

martcov

It's weird I was six and clearly remember the upset in our household, parents very upset.

I was not much older and remember clearly the „news flash“ of Kennedy‘s assasination on our black and white TV. Also saw the shock of the adults, which was worrying for me.

wingy

I don't know how much as a nation we were exposed to International politics back then not as much as now I'd Imagine.
Besides them expressing shock ,upset I'm sure I picked up that they had thought he was good for the world, whatever that really means, as how can one person prevail to such an extent.
Cold War bay of pigs etc ,things No doubt may have looked entirely different with that as the background.

PTA

If you analyse the vote map from the Democratic primaries and the actual election Trump still wins based on what states Sanders won and lost, and regardless of how much people personally are against Trump he's a far more capable leader than 76 year old Bernie.

clint van damme

If you analyse the vote map from the Democratic primaries and the actual election Trump still wins based on what states Sanders won and lost, and regardless of how much people personally are against Trump he's a far more capable leader than 76 year old Bernie.

You sound like you've done a bit more research than me to be honest, my evidence was more anecdotal having been in the states a few months after the election and gaging the anti Hilary feeling and speaking to several people who only voted Trump because of there hatred for her.
Is Trump and better leader than Saunders would have been, we can only work on assumptions with that one.

Cov City Daytrader 87

Here's a question:

Who is Q?

,What have they got to do with Trump, the U.S military, Obama, Saudi prince, Clinton and so on?

Dan Duval explains.

Btw this fact not fiction.

Captain Dart

are we really arguing over which US president is the most murderous?
everyone in my lifetime has been a sociopath or a psycho.

And before, historical record shows US expansionism over the ages.
Attacks on Britain/Canada in 1812
Attacks on Spain/Mexico in 1848
Genocide of American Indians pre 1860 and post 1865 (General Sheridan’s memoirs shine a light on the prevailing attitudes)
Attacks on Spain/Philippines/Cuba 1898
Seizure of Panama from Columbia 1903

it goes on...
List of wars involving the United States - Wikipedia
they even invaded Russia with an expeditionary force during the Russian Civil war, here is a picture of them.
220px-American_troops_in_Vladivostok_1918_HD-SN-99-02013.JPEG

Great Britain of course was involved in even more wars.

wingy

So we have the use of human cargo and their children weaponized to bounce the Democrats into funding the wall .
The question remains, Donald, the Mexicans are going to pay ,aren't they?

dutchman

I was browsing Facebook earlier and an American Jewish friend of mine whose grandparents were incarcerated in a concentration camp as children took great exception to Trump's immigrant policies being equated with the Holocaust. She pointed out there was absolutely no comparison between what her grandmother in particular suffered and the treatment of children of illegal immigrants at the Mexican border.

clint van damme

I was browsing Facebook earlier and an American Jewish friend of mine whose grandparents were incarcerated in a concentration camp as children took great exception to Trump's immigrant policies being equated with the Holocaust. She pointed out there was absolutely no comparison between what her grandmother in particular suffered and the treatment of children of illegal immigrants at the Mexican border.

on the other hand I saw a post on social media from some one whose grandparents were in a concentration camp and he said it was like what his grandparents had suffered.
Personally, seeing those children in cages being labelled with numbers was one of the most fucked up things I've seen in a long time, it made me shudder.

dutchman

The truth behind this photo of an 'immigrant child' crying inside a cage - CNN

180618100931-viral-photo-migrant-child-cage-trnd-exlarge-169.jpg

(CNN)A photo of a little boy crying in a cage is being shared on social media as seemingly another heart-rending byproduct of the White House's "zero tolerance" immigration policy, which separates undocumented parents and kids at the border.

There's only one problem: The picture is being completely taken out of context -- and does not show what it is purported to show.

Some of those sharing it claim the image depicts a boy detained by ICE under the new Trump administration policy of referring all people who cross the border illegally for criminal prosecution.

However, the picture was actually taken during a June 10 protest against White House immigration policies at Dallas City Hall, as first reported by fact-checking site Snopes.

Other Facebook photos from the protest, organized by the Texas chapter of the Brown Berets de Cemanahuac, a Latino advocacy group, show the same boy outside the cage as activists hold signs urging the White House to "stop separating families."

35050666_2064282013614545_1849759388374401024_n.jpg

Leroy Pena told CNN the toddler was following his older sibling, who took part in the Dallas cage protest along with other teens.

"He got confused on how to get out (of the cage) and cried when he saw his mother," Pena said. "He was only in there about 30 seconds."

Pena expressed frustration at how the photo was taken out of context.

chiefdave

Pena expressed frustration at how the photo was taken out of context.
There's also stuff online that isn't taken out of context.

Of course part of the difficulty in getting footage is that nobody is being allowed in to check on the children's welfare. Even state senators are being blocked from accessing the facilities.

Of particular concern is the number of children being flown around the country without a proper paper trail. Who knows how many are already lost. And of course if you look at the footage / photos released through official channels there's a distinct lack of girls. Given some of the information circulating (from prior to the change in policy that saw children being separated from their parents) that's very worrying.

The Department of Homeland Security admit to 1,244 sexual assault complaints while in detention between Jan 2010 and Sep 2017. They also admit only 43 were investigated.

37 of the complaints were regarding child abuse.

Given that sexual assault is under reported at the best of time I shudder to think what the situation is now given the huge increase in detention numbers, the lack of independent oversight and children 'lost' in the system with no one to protect them.

martcov

Depends doesn't it. If the very early concentration camps were similar to this, but the later ones became harsher especially during the war, you could say that what Trump has initiated is a start towards worse things to come. Luckily after claimimg that only Congress could solve the problem which he blamed on democrats, he has signed a executive order to end the process. The lying scumbag has no shame.

Users who are viewing this thread