PWKH bares his teeth. (1 Viewer)

mattylad

It's been a hell of a long time since I was last paid for playing football, but, I would say you're far too generous with your assumption of 16-18 year olds being on that kind of money mate.
I would estimate somewhere in the region of £600 pm at 16. rising to £700-£800 pm at 18.
:)

I might be being overly generous with my figures on the 16/17 yr olds but I knew of one under 18 who was on £2k and even if its half my figures that still a wage bill greater than the grant figure over 12 months

J

Jack Griffin

I might be being overly generous with my figures on the 16/17 yr olds but I knew of one under 18 who was on £2k and even if its half my figures that still a wage bill greater than the grant figure over 12 months

One of the grant conditions is that it is matched by the club.

Jamieblue7

Are you crazy, people may tell you they are on that, they will not top 400 per week anytime before 19.

Players can tell you what they like but this is the reality

Jamieblue7

One of the grant conditions is that it is matched by the club.

Just reading up on eppp that is exactly true . Club investment of 490k gets matched by 490k. 980 must be justified to the penny by a budget. Every penny has to be accountable to the academy or the eppp people do not release the grant. There is also a full audit stream and accountability.

Adam walker Coventry signed age 8
Ashley Caine Nuneaton signed age 8
Cyrus Christie Coventry signed age 8
Jordan Clarke Coventry signed age 8
Conor Thomas Coventry
Gael Bigirimana Coventry
Callum Wilson Coventry
Michael Quirke Coventry
Jordan Willis Nuneaton

And outside area
Jermaine grandison Birmingham
Nathan Cameron Birmingham
Curtis Wynter Birmingham
Ryan Haynes daventry
Sean Jeffers Northampton

And these are only full debuts.
The academy really hasn't offered to much for the club

Signed age 8??? Really? take any kid at that age and give him coaching, support and incentive and 50% would be able to play league 1 by the time they're 20!

Jamieblue7

Signed age 8??? Really? take any kid at that age and give him coaching, support and incentive and 50% would be able to play league 1 by the time they're 20!
Ok sounds great, better get the formula. I might get a job in football.

50% really?? Only last week I read a report saying only 2% get through the system.

mattylad

Are you crazy, people may tell you they are on that, they will not top 400 per week anytime before 19.

Players can tell you what they like but this is the reality
so you say £400 per week to my £500 per week and I'm crazy...hmmm me thinks you misread the original post

Steve_footymad

Good post and one I can relate too, after years of managing a local side, playing (red league) top division junior football I never saw a Coventry Scout at any fixture, the only scout was Ray Gooding who I saw at the odd tournament.
The Coventry schools team was also very clicky and boys seemed to be picked from only two schools, regardless of ability, finally I went in person to recommend a player to Gregor Rioch, and he told me if he hadn't been spotted already he wouldn't be good enough (15 years of age) any way he has since had trials at two different clubs, it hasn't happened for him yet and may never do, but the accademys attitude amazed me.

Have you ever gone and viewed the standard of the academy players your players would be compared against?

Good post and one I can relate too, after years of managing a local side, playing (red league) top division junior football I never saw a Coventry Scout at any fixture, the only scout was Ray Gooding who I saw at the odd tournament.
The Coventry schools team was also very clicky and boys seemed to be picked from only two schools, regardless of ability, finally I went in person to recommend a player to Gregor Rioch, and he told me if he hadn't been spotted already he wouldn't be good enough (15 years of age) any way he has since had trials at two different clubs, it hasn't happened for him yet and may never do, but the accademys attitude amazed me.

You have had the very same experience as me, again I have been around the Red Leagues (Cov Sunday) and the MJPL (Midlands Sat) for a few years now as my son plays in both - infact he is now playing for Hinckley United U18's at 15 - his best mate who he has played with since he was 5 is an exceptional player and will play a good level but no interest due to his age. its a shame because if you look at Ian Wright, Dave Busst, Trevor Peake all late developers...I could understand the academies stance if we were in the Premier or even the Championship...but league one, and the argument about CCFC bringing through youth recently does not stand up, simply because the lower the club falls down the pyramid of football the more you rely on local talent for example how many Coventry boys played for Cov in the Premiership - Marcus and Gary? if Coventry were to play in the Blue Square I would suggest we would have a lot more boys from Coventry - its just the way it works, not that the Academy is better or worse than before, and your point about Coventry Boys is a thread on its own I have had a few bad experiences with those clueless so and so's...

Have you ever gone and viewed the standard of the academy players your players would be compared against?

Yes I have I go to the Higgs on a regular basis, and some of the lads are very good and will go on to do well, some are quite frankly in my humble opinion just making the numbers up, it seems to me and I have had this confirmed by an academy coach that they want speed first, I was told that they want natural speed, the football ability is secondary as they can coach that into the player...all I would say is that a few of the professional clubs in the area have had shadow squads, Birmingham, Leicester ect these teams keep the boys attached to the club while bringing on areas of their game if they improve they get a trial, Coventry do not do this Why? surely it would not cost anything as it would be funded by the lads by subs, the coaches could be young coaches that are doing their coaching badges? Just a thought...

That's a very sad indictment - especially, now that we need good up and coming talent more than ever.

Strange, I know where I live (I moved away from coventry 10 years ago) local coaches and teachers are seen as an active part of recruitment and actively encouraged to put forward any talent they spot.

Afterall, as fans we may not always know what makes a good player but we do know one when we see one.
#

This is as it should be, and before the academies it was like this in Coventry, boys such as Marcus Hall and Gary McSheffrey played for Cov School Boys and then were spotlighted to the club, this elitist attitude that CCFC now have towards youth is a disgrace, and quite frankly embarrassing when you all other Midlands clubs at games but NO CCFC, because of the academies fewer boys are coming through, simple as that in my opinion - maybe if they lose their grade status they might be forced to work a little harder to earn their wages. I would do it for nothing!!

Sky Blues

I completely agree with RoboCCFC that people should have the right to air their views.
Robo also said: "instead of assumptions and guesses I want FACTS is that too much to ask?"
I don't have a problem with people asking for facts either.

Robo, maybe you'd like to take the person who made the following quotes to task for making assumptions, guesses and trying to deny others a say:

- Unfortunately this is SISU, Football is a business and unfortunately everything seems to resolve around £££££££ and lets be honest the only reason you kicked out the academy was because you weren't getting ££££££ from the Club, which is fair enough, but don't make out you have regret about it or a sensible being would have taken it up with the club before going all gunho!!

- Oh no because anything that you do isn't at all wrong or disrespectful.. Blame everything on SISU if you like, but it's not just "their mess", plus the only one making a statement on this subject is you by running CT to get a couple of quid..

Shut the feck up mate!!!!!!!

To everyone, I say, whether you agree or disagree with PWKH, he is the only person involved in the situation CCFC finds itself in who pays us fans on here the respect of coming on here and telling us what he can. I thank him for that and I hope that, whatever your view of what he has to say, we can give him some respect back.

Thank you for your updates PWKH.

RoboCCFC90

I completely agree with RoboCCFC that people should have the right to air their views.
Robo also said: "instead of assumptions and guesses I want FACTS is that too much to ask?"
I don't have a problem with people asking for facts either.

Robo, maybe you'd like to take the person who made the following quotes to task for making assumptions, guesses and trying to deny others a say:

To everyone, I say, whether you agree or disagree with PWKH, he is the only person involved in the situation CCFC finds itself in who pays us fans on here the respect of coming on here and telling us what he can. I thank him for that and I hope that, whatever your view of what he has to say, we can give him some respect back.

Thank you for your updates PWKH.

I never tried to deny others a say Sky Blues, I only gave my opinion on the article, on the basis that currently I don't trust either party at the moment, maybe again that's clouding my judgement or perhaps in the long term I will be proved right, who knows and particularly it's a forum to express views and I shouldn't have to answer for that, even if people don't agree or like what I say, Yes there is a reply button but I never ask anyone to hit it.

Sky Blue Pete

Robo-what are you basing the statement on that you don't trust either side?? Opinion? Pwkh is basing his on evidence and fact.

Jamieblue7

Yes I have I go to the Higgs on a regular basis, and some of the lads are very good and will go on to do well, some are quite frankly in my humble opinion just making the numbers up, it seems to me and I have had this confirmed by an academy coach that they want speed first, I was told that they want natural speed, the football ability is secondary as they can coach that into the player...all I would say is that a few of the professional clubs in the area have had shadow squads, Birmingham, Leicester ect these teams keep the boys attached to the club while bringing on areas of their game if they improve they get a trial, Coventry do not do this Why? surely it would not cost anything as it would be funded by the lads by subs, the coaches could be young coaches that are doing their coaching badges? Just a thought...
so I have just continued reading the eppp rules available on premier league site. You can only keep a non signed boy at the academy for a period of 6weeks in any one season. Players can then go into development centres. Ccfc sbitc run elite advanced centres which sit underneath the academy. Continued development takes place in there. Just spoke to a community coach, there have been in excess of 10 boys taken by the academy out of this programme and offered contracts. The academy are no different to any other pro club they have rules to adhere to. It's the system that has changed not the academy attitude.

Spencer

you obviously haven't played at any decent level to know the difference

I haven't played to a decent level but I did once play for a team that got a plumb cup tie against a non league club.

When you've been run ragged for 90 minutes and hammered 8 - 0 you get a fair impression just how good you've got to be just to get to non league level.

RoboCCFC90

Robo-what are you basing the statement on that you don't trust either side?? Opinion? Pwkh is basing his on evidence and fact.

I think if you read the first line of my reply to SkyBlues than you will see it's an opinion Pete.

So everything that one poster is saying is gospel now is it? He couldn't of lied in this situation to put more public pressure on the owners of the Football Club who are already enemies in the public eye? I am not saying this is true, but it's just one way of looking at it. Yet everyone on here believes that SISU must be in the wrong because no one person would lie and SISU are guilty for so many (Which I don't disagree with) that it doesn't matter if more people add to it.

TODAY'S HEADLINE - SISU BLAMED FOR EARTHQUAKE IN IRAN

Jamieblue7

Evidence and fact. Hmm. I would suggest neither party want to harm the running of the academy, however one party has funded for the past number of years and the other wants to use it as a selling point to potential investors. However to sell to potential investors they need to know where the golden share sits. For this it's time to force academy out of their home and cause up roar.

Spencer

As one of the contracting parties it could be implied that his position is a little one sided. If his view is to be accepted without question than something really has gone amiss.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I think if you read the first line of my reply to SkyBlues than you will see it's an opinion Pete.

So everything that one poster is saying is gospel now is it? He couldn't of lied in this situation to put more public pressure on the owners of the Football Club who are already enemies in the public eye? I am not saying this is true, but it's just one way of looking at it. Yet everyone on here believes that SISU must be in the wrong because no one person would lie and SISU are guilty for so many (Which I don't disagree with) that it doesn't matter if more people add to it.

Perhaps if people believe that SISU are in the wrong, that belief is based on their previous actions.

Just a thought.

RoboCCFC90

Perhaps if people believe that SISU are in the wrong, that belief is based on their previous actions.

Just a thought.

Yeah and I don't disagree with that DTD.

Unfortunately many people have the mindset of "It must be their fault it's SISU". Well I don't agree with that, Yet most people will blame SISU for everything even if SISU aren't the party in the wrong..

Sky Blue Kid

Yeah and I don't disagree with that DTD.

Unfortunately many people have the mindset of "It must be their fault it's SISU". Well I don't agree with that, Yet most people will blame SISU for everything even if SISU aren't the party in the wrong..

And unfortunately some people won't have a bad word said about SISU, even when proof is shown as to how deceitful, and how such a disgusting work ethic they use and portray.
Each to their own in who they support. My choice is with the open and transparent ACL/Higgs/CCC. rather than the present owners of CCFC.

RoboCCFC90

And unfortunately some people won't have a bad word said about SISU, even when proof is shown as to how deceitful, and how such a disgusting work ethic they use and portray.
Each to their own in who they support. My choice is with the open and transparent ACL/Higgs/CCC. rather than the present owners of CCFC.

I don't think anyone supports SISU, even more so fans shouldn't be split in choosing between the two, but both sides have been deceitful in the past, why should anyone trust either side?

I am happy for you SBK I really am, but I don't think things are as clear with your supported groups as you such claim.

Sky Blue Pete

I don't see it as right or wrong. Sisu are venture capitalists, Alan Higgs are a charity

Sky Blue Pete

As one of the contracting parties it could be implied that his position is a little one sided. If his view is to be accepted without question than something really has gone amiss.

Can't see his view being accepted and evidence and fact on here by everyone. What I mean is that if he is who he says he is and we have no reason to doubt this. If he is he has access to evidence and fact, he will obviously present this in a certain way. I think rioch is the same he has evidence and fact and does the same. I trust both of them based on past experience, so ......... Can they both be being truthful? Yes !! But Pwkh needs to answer about the invoice to round off this particular circle. On the wider issue waggott who has supporters cause of his honesty, needs to answer what is happening with the club(whoever that is??) and the future academy needs. Why are they not able to get someone from the administrator, Susi, acl, Higgs and possibly sbt in a room and sort this out?? Greed and future revenues I think

RoboCCFC90

Can't see his view being accepted and evidence and fact on here by everyone. What I mean is that if he is who he says he is and we have no reason to doubt this. If he is he has access to evidence and fact, he will obviously present this in a certain way. I think rioch is the same he has evidence and fact and does the same. I trust both of them based on past experience, so ......... Can they both be being truthful? Yes !! But Pwkh needs to answer about the invoice to round off this particular circle. On the wider issue waggott who has supporters cause of his honesty, needs to answer what is happening with the club(whoever that is??) and the future academy needs. Why are they not able to get someone from the administrator, Susi, acl, Higgs and possibly sbt in a room and sort this out?? Greed and future revenues I think

Who are SUSI??

so I have just continued reading the eppp rules available on premier league site. You can only keep a non signed boy at the academy for a period of 6weeks in any one season. Players can then go into development centres. Ccfc sbitc run elite advanced centres which sit underneath the academy. Continued development takes place in there. Just spoke to a community coach, there have been in excess of 10 boys taken by the academy out of this programme and offered contracts. The academy are no different to any other pro club they have rules to adhere to. It's the system that has changed not the academy attitude.

Thats interesting as a good friend of mines son was asked to go a train with academy and ended up there for 20 weeks (he also played in a couple of games for them) until he got injured, playing for his club, that was last year not sure when the rules changed? in regard to the elite centres thats fine but I still do not see scouts/spotters at local games I watch 2 games a week (minimum) and have done so for the last 4 years these are at a good standard, Coventry Sunday A league and Saturday MJPL, the latter takes me all over the Midlands as the league has a large geographical area teams that play in this league are Kidderminster, Romulus, Burton, Leamington (Brakes), Coventry Sphinx, Stourbridge ect...I see scouts from all over the Midlands at these games but no Coventry...this my point, not proactive enough, there's nothing stopping CCFC putting a shadow team in the Saturday leagues - Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Nuneaton Town, Hinckley United, Burton Albion, WBA, Birmingham City & Walsall all do...I cant tell you about Eppp rules all I can talk about is fact, go have a look http://www.mjpl.org.uk/ or http://www.junior-premier.co.uk/

PWKH

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/29456-club-statement?p=419483#post419483

I posted here.

Users who are viewing this thread