Qatar World Cup 2022 (7 Viewers)

robbiekeane

Not sure how anyone can go to this really. A very very uncomfortable World Cup for me and doesn’t feel right morally. Will obviously support the team and be ecstatic if we win, but the fact so many poor Indian and Nepalese migrants will have died for the privilege and gay people will have to be basically be in hiding because their very existence is illegal is an absolute disgrace in this day and age.

Corrupt FIFA officials should hang their head in shame - what a sad illustration of the state of affairs in the world in 2022

Sky Blue Harry H

Not sure how anyone can go to this really. A very very uncomfortable World Cup for me and doesn’t feel right morally. Will obviously support the team and be ecstatic if we win, but the fact so many poor Indian and Nepalese migrants will have died for the privilege and gay people will have to be basically be in hiding because their very existence is illegal is an absolute disgrace in this day and age.

Corrupt FIFA officials should hang their head in shame - what a sad illustration of the state of affairs in the world in 2022

Is that a no @robbiekeane ? :unsure:

mmttww

Yeah, it's grim. Have felt conflicted about even watching qualifiers. Total sh*t show. Tifo did a video on it a couple of years back; worth a watch for the unitiated.

CJ_covblaze

The wife, my mate, youngest and I have booked our flights. Going 17th November and returning on 20th December. However we’ll book an earlier return if we go out in or before the quarters.

We have applied for tickets for all 8 of our games and are guaranteed to get them due to our cap level but my youngest will only be 9 months old at that point so he hasn’t had a chance too build up any caps. You need a match ticket to be allowed into the country so will get him one for a random game if I can’t get him one for one of our games to ensure he gets a visa. If we don’t manage to get him tickets for our games we’ll be hoping that he doesn’t get asked for it at the turnstiles.

Once we get our tickets confirmed we are allowed to book accommodation. Early indications are that it’s not super cheap like the last few tournaments have been but isn’t anywhere near as much as most were fearing thankfully.

I’m really looking forward to it and fingers crossed we finally bring it home.

FulltimeWum

The wife, my mate, youngest and I have booked our flights. Going 17th November and returning on 20th December. However we’ll book an earlier return if we go out in or before the quarters.

We have applied for tickets for all 8 of our games and are guaranteed to get them due to our cap level but my youngest will only be 9 months old at that point so he hasn’t had a chance too build up any caps. You need a match ticket to be allowed into the country so will get him one for a random game if I can’t get him one for one of our games to ensure he gets a visa. If we don’t manage to get him tickets for our games we’ll be hoping that he doesn’t get asked for it at the turnstiles.

Once we get our tickets confirmed we are allowed to book accommodation. Early indications are that it’s not super cheap like the last few tournaments have been but isn’t anywhere near as much as most were fearing thankfully.

I’m really looking forward to it and fingers crossed we finally bring it home.
Just out of curiosity, how much do you budget to spend on the whole thing?

South West Sky Blue

Got plenty of experience of the region. Lived out there for a significant time and still have family & friends there. Had hoped to go, but the travelling in the Gulf during the tournament is pretty steep due to politics and greed in the region.

Have tickets to Brazil vs Serbia and Netherlands vs Ecuador. Will bin then off unless I can get England tickets in the lottery.
Booze is very expensive out there, so won’t be a cheap one.
I went to South Africa & Germany which were just about affordable.

CJ_covblaze

North York’s Blue

Possibly, have applied for 2 group games. Was hoping to stay in Dubai and just travel across for the games but it’s proving expensive. Had intended to take my mrs and my son was going to take his, hence the Dubai option…

CJ_covblaze

2026, I do quite fancy that one!
Going to be some tournament. Now that one will be expensive! 2030 looks interesting too. Likely to be November and December again which won’t suit some though.

Tommo1993

Do you have to pay for Supporters membership AND build up points to get to games/tournaments like this?

EalingSB

I normally go to every World Cup but accommodation is going to be a major problem - basically there isn't enough. Can drive in 6 hours from Dubai which is a pain and those short flights (50 mins) are going to be expensive. Considering I live in Switzerland, which is mega expensive, Qatar is the most expensive place I've been in the world for booze - cheapest bottle of wine at dinner was about 90 quid, beers 10 quid plus. I think FIFA will do cheaper alcohol in fan zones, however. Can easily do 4 games a day as everything is so close.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Do you have to pay for Supporters membership AND build up points to get to games/tournaments like this?

Yes. 75 quid for new members and 55 for existing ones this time around. It’s not bad value. Can more than make the membership fee back in the discount we get on home tickets.

SheafIsGod

Not at all arsed about this World Cup, even if we win I feel like it’ll be a bit ‘merh’ because it’s in Qatar.

Hopefully an embarrassing group stage exit so that clown Southgate gets the boot.

CJ_covblaze

I normally go to every World Cup but accommodation is going to be a major problem - basically there isn't enough. Can drive in 6 hours from Dubai which is a pain and those short flights (50 mins) are going to be expensive. Considering I live in Switzerland, which is mega expensive, Qatar is the most expensive place I've been in the world for booze - cheapest bottle of wine at dinner was about 90 quid, beers 10 quid plus. I think FIFA will do cheaper alcohol in fan zones, however. Can easily do 4 games a day as everything is so close.

That‘s one of the main attractions of this one with FIFA scrapping the 7 game plus 3rd/4th play off ticket limit. Oddly they still wont allow you to buy back to back games so for example you can’t buy games 1 and 2 on the same day or game 4 followed by game 1 the next day. Your mate can buy 2 for 1 and 3 & you can buy 2 for 2 and 4 though. Should’ve just made it simpler as there is that work around.

CJ_covblaze

Absolutely insane behaviour to take a 9 month old baby to a world cup finals. Properly unhinged. Weirder than raping an owl.
You’re taking a 9 month old baby to the World Cup with you?

Yes. Why not? He’s going on holiday with us this August and going to the game on Saturday. No reason why we cant combine the two.

Gynnsthetonic

Shame Australia never got it, I know its their winter but they have the infrastructure and stadiums already in place, one day hopefully as i think it would of been brilliant there rather than Qatar, The Australia FA lost millions (or billions) trying to host it but was rigged before the start, never had a chance

CJ_covblaze

Hopefully the group games are in the same country not 1 in Mexico, 1 in USA and 1 in Canada

This is FIFA. I‘m fully expecting a team’s two group games to be In Seattle and Miami followed by a R16 game in Mexico City or Vancouver. That decision will probably come shortly after some executives purchase a large amount of shares in American Airlines.

Gynnsthetonic

This is FIFA. I‘m fully expecting a team’s two group games to be In Seattle and Miami followed by a R16 game in Mexico City or Vancouver. That decision will probably come shortly after some executives purchase a large amount of shares in American Airlines.
Its all about the dollar I'm afraid looking after the fans will be well down their list of priorities

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Shame Australia never got it, I know its their winter but they have the infrastructure and stadiums already in place, one day hopefully as i think it would of been brilliant there rather than Qatar, The Australia FA lost millions (or billions) trying to host it but was rigged before the start, never had a chance

Huge shame. I would’ve liked to see it twinned with New Zealand. Not right next to each other but would still be an amazing trip.

Users who are viewing this thread