Match Thread Queens Park Rangers - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 30th Sep (2 Viewers)

Macca

Watched the first half on phone and didn’t see the second half so can’t comment much other than delighted with the result.

Somehow makes Monday nights last minute even more annoying. Would’ve been a good bit of momentum building but hopefully that starts from here.

Hopefully the blood boilers / taxi callers will be able to calm down a bit tonight. PUSB

2nd half continued like the 1st I’d have called a whole fleet

Ashdown

Whoop whoop, delighted with that result, really needed to get some confidence back. Pleased as punch for Simms too, perhaps now the monkey has been removed from his back he can go on and show his potential worth 👍

slowpoke

Jamie Allen gave us a midfield buzzing between the two areas. As he gets more match fit he’s going to be so important and with Sheaf and MvE soon to come back I think the doomers and gloomers of last week might become a bit redundant.
And then there’s COH, imo things will only get better.

Philosorapter

An away win as well.

It's stepping stones at the moment.

This is a good show all round.

Think we are now looking for some stability around where we are supposedly placed at the moment and then City will gradually glide upwards.

Think they will get midtable easily, even if there may be some hiccups on the way.

And if things really start clicking, then it could be a very interesting season all round.

torchomatic

The cunts (no other word for them) behind me were slagging off Simms from minute one, really horrible stuff. Literally just before he scored he didn't control the ball and one of the twats shouted, " get him off Robins. He's shit. I hate him".

Singing his name after he scored, of course. Complete wankers.

Really pleased for Simms today.

Londonccfcfan

Said we would win earlier in thread ..and said Simms would come good. Proved right.

Still not happy about my Hadji Wright. Again hope I'm hope I'm proven wrong.

pusbccfc

The cunts (no other word for them) behind me were slagging off Simms from minute one, really horrible stuff. Literally just before he scored he didn't control the ball and one of the twats shouted, " get him off Robins. He's shit. I hate him".

Must have been stood near me, heard exactly the same, hence why I was fuming with our fans on here at half time.

People wonder why he looked petrified when going through on goal...

SBbucks

And by the Barmy Army (for Graham Swann) and possibly by the Aussies for Shane Warne? Not remotely original but still effective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashdown

I hear this sort of stuff and despair sometimes. Mostly our support in the last couple of years has been fantastic. We need to get back to that ….but you will always get loose cannons ( for want of a kinder description ). I’m glad Simms showed he can do it though and that’s the best way of shutting them down.

Londonccfcfan

We have only lost 2 games. Both away and both to teams in current top 6.

Should be on a few more points than we are too

Don't give up on this season

One more win before intl break and I'll be happy with start to season.
No one is really. Fepending on if we click we are capable of anything from 3rd to 16th.

Brylowes

One of our fans has been arrested for breaking two seats by jumping on them, apparently
Friend of mine (she works for an event’s security company) messaged me at 5:45pm today to say “bloody hell, you’s were a lively lot today” she was working on search outside the away end before K/O and then in the away end for the 2nd half.
She said that there were 6 arrests, not sure if that was just in the away end or the entire stadium.

Brighton Sky Blue

Friend of mine (she works for an event’s security company) messaged me at 5:45pm today to say “bloody hell, you’s were a lively lot today” she was working on search outside the away end before K/O and then in the away end for the 2nd half.
She said that there were 6 arrests, not sure if that was just in the away end or the entire stadium.
Apparently one was arrested mistakenly for breaking the chairs, then the correct one was apprehended in the bogs.

BlueSkiesForever

Brilliant to see Simms get a brace today, really hope this kickstarts things for our attack. Nice for Eccles too as I’ll openly admit I’ve slated him and Kelly the past couple of weeks but it’s nice to see him get a goal, hopefully gives him the confidence to move forward more often.

Couldn’t make it today unfortunately so only seen the couple of highlights on YouTube but just wondering how Godden played? Any need for us to go to the box formation or are my box-bashing days over? 😂

Brylowes

Apparently one was arrested mistakenly for breaking the chairs, then the correct one was apprehended in the bogs.
Don’t think she was present for any of the arrests, apparently she works Loftus Rd fairly regularly and on the whole was well impressed with our support, very lively and the best away crowd she’s seen there in a good while, but like most clubs ‘unfortunately there was a sprinkling of twat’s amongst it.

torchomatic

After we scored ibsaw a steward pick a bit of broken seat up off the pitch.

speedie87

The first goal that looked offside cus Simms was ahead of all the qpr players…. Was he actually still in line with play as Binks is ahead of qpr players too

Gint11

We have only lost 2 games. Both away and both to teams in current top 6.

Should be on a few more points than we are too

Don't give up on this season

One more win before intl break and I'll be happy with start to season.

Just thought the same. Fuming after the Cardiff game but after todays results, if we had hung on 10 seconds against Huddersfield and 3 minutes against Hull, we’d have another 4 points which would have put us 1 point from playoffs. I know we didn’t and other teams can say the same but it’s not a complete disaster.

stupot07

The first goal that looked offside cus Simms was ahead of all the qpr players…. Was he actually still in line with play as Binks is ahead of qpr players too
It looks as though Binks was behind him, I think Simms is definitely off side. Nice to get a bit of luck with that got and the stonewall penalty that wasn't given.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread