RCC (2 Viewers)

Happy_Martian

You play your best team and as Grendel has said, if Burge has a shocker next time out but we win, do we still continue to pick him?

As long as we score more goals than the opposition, I don't mind winning 2-1 or 7-6. This philosophy worked quite well for Man Ure in the 60s and early 70s.

Otis

As long as we score more goals than the opposition, I don't mind winning 2-1 or 7-6. This philosophy worked quite well for Man Ure in the 60s and early 70s.
It's been abundantly clear to me (and others), that the back four are a lot more jittery with Burge behind them because he doesn't show the same confidence and command of his area that RCC does.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Burge has to keep his place

RCC came in because of an injury last year and kept his place so it's only fair that Burge does.

And that's without even taking into account RCC's howlers this season.
Burge wasn't injured, he was dropped. When RCC made his league debut, Burge was on the bench that day. Burge had been a little ill that week leading up to the match but was fit enough to play, he was dropped and pretty much confirmed by Mowbray in the after match interview that day.

That said, the next match is a shitty cup match so I'd probably agree and play Burge again. No point risking our number 1 in the tinpot trophy or whatever it's called this year

trevelfarandwide

It's been abundantly clear to me (and others), that the back four are a lot more jittery with Burge behind them because he doesn't show the same confidence and command of his area that RCC does.

Yep, from the limited amount of games I've attended since moving away from the Midlands, RCC offers more than Burge full-stop. However, the former seems to think himself a Jorge Campos or Rene Higuita clone in the making...worryingly. With a better GK coach behind him, RCC would easily iron out the creases in his game.

Burge though...he seems affable, but I can see him dropping down a few leagues as the years roll on.

The point being, can we afford to keep dropping points and conceding goals due to two keepers who flap at crosses and have difficulty with decision-making? Why an experienced GK hasn't been signed is beyond me; surely there are plenty on the free list.

Brylowes

Whether it's RCC, Burge or another the reality is whoever plays will make mistakes
We are a third division club, and as such are likely to have a third division keeper.

chiefdave

What's actually wrong with RCC? Might as well play Burge on Tuesday night, wouldn't risk anyone that's not fully fit in that game.

RegTheDonk

Was that when they got relegated?

Games full of goals are great, I recall us beating Forest in the cup 5-4 or something like that. Wow, that was a good night out. But this isn't a T20 blast, I'd prefer our goal shy lot to scrape 1-0 every time and keep a clean sheet. If the defence and the keeper is sound, you get at least a point.

Users who are viewing this thread