RCC (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

Who cares about their keeper I don't.
RCC really can't catch.
we need a real keeper.

The only problem with this last, is that most people thought Murphy was a "real" keeper. He was certainly experienced, yet he gave away lots of goals by making mistakes.

rupert_bear

Was at fault for their first goal but let's mitigate things, look what's in front of him any cross or lob can result in a chance for the opposition, so he comes to defend crosses that should be left to the centre halves. When he was behind a fit Reda Johnson, Arron Martin and Ben Turner he improved no end.

Joy Division

Whether RCC is a big problem for us I'm not sure, I don't think Burge is the answer either. What I would say though is that RCC hasn't improved as a player since making his debut over a year ago playing a full season of football and at 22 years old that is disappointing.

Buster

Very poor back 4 last night . Cant expect RCC to keep bailing them out ,its not the best part of his game.

Buster

Whether RCC is a big problem for us I'm not sure, I don't think Burge is the answer either. What I would say though is that RCC hasn't improved as a player since making his debut over a year ago playing a full season of football and at 22 years old that is disappointing.
The defended high ball has been getting worse since his first games,not his fault

skybluepm2

Haddington is on record as saying burge worse than rcc

Was burge called into action alot today?

Nothing to do of any note, thankfully the act 4 prevented him from really participating in the match. 2 scary flaps, rooted to his line on corners and no confidence. His kicking has improved somewhat, I'll give him that.

He played his part in the win, kept a clean sheet so can't knock him too much. Not the answer to our goalkeeping position by any means, RCC every time for me.

covcity4life

Yeah hopefully rcc is right back into the team

Told you guys to relax. Promotion is still on although less chance now mowbray has gone

I'm rly. Pissed off with him

PVA

Burge has to keep his place

RCC came in because of an injury last year and kept his place so it's only fair that Burge does.

And that's without even taking into account RCC's howlers this season.

letsallsingtogether

He did ok made one good save flapped at another kicking a bit dodgy.
TBF not as good as RCC but then not a lot between them IMHO.
I Still believe we need a better keeper then ether of them.

Pipehitterz

Whilst I definitely think rcc is our Best keeper
You cannot change a winning team. This line up should start Tuesday for sure

Grendel

Whilst I definitely think rcc is our Best keeper
You cannot change a winning team. This line up should start Tuesday for sure

So if Burge let's 3 in all his fault but we win by 4-3 he'd play again until we lose?

Otis

So, let's say Man United play Accrington Stanley in the cup, rest key players and blood youngsters. They win the tie.

Next game up is Barcelona in the Champions League. Do they not change a winning team?

Unfortunately that myth is right up there with the 'don't go out with wet hair, you'll catch a cold.'

You play your best team and as Grendel has said, if Burge has a shocker next time out but we win, do we still continue to pick him?

You select your best 11 for each game. Consistency helps because playing together can help players gel, but you play your best players when you possibly can and you best keeper whenever possible.

RegTheDonk

You select your best 11 for each game. Consistency helps because playing together can help players gel, but you play your best players when you possibly can and you best keeper whenever possible.
Absolutely. I accept that you may stick with a winning team because certain players fit well in certain formations. But the keeper is the keeper, no matter what system you play, and you always should pick your best.

PVA

So if Burge let's 3 in all his fault but we win by 4-3 he'd play again until we lose?

Well RCC has been continually picked despite making mistake after mistake.

What kind of a message does it send Burge if he comes in and keeps a clean sheet in our first win of the season only to be dropped for the next game. Also what message does that send to RCC, he's been comfortable for too long hence the poor performances, he needs to know he's not undroppable.

We won a game. We kept a clean sheet. Stick with the same defence and keeper for next game.

Grendel

Well RCC has been continually picked despite making mistake after mistake.

What kind of a message does it send Burge if he comes in and keeps a clean sheet in our first win of the season only to be dropped for the next game. Also what message does that send to RCC, he's been comfortable for too long hence the poor performances, he needs to know he's not undroppable.

We won a game. We kept a clean sheet. Stick with the same defence and keeper for next game.

It should send a message to Burge he's not good enough - which he isn't.

trevelfarandwide

It seems neither are proficient enough, which is naturally Oggy's fault...

Seriously though, we need an experienced GK. Burge's clean sheet was lucky it seems, considering he had a few flaps and missed catches; don't expect many more clean sheets off him.

RCC is a good prospect, but at this club, I doubt he'll reach that potential.

Users who are viewing this thread