Match Thread Reading (away) (2 Viewers)

Dirk Turpin

We scored 3

Against a team thats shipped 23 goals in their last 7 games. The 1st was fairly lucky and the 3rd took a big deflection. Because we scored 3 goals doesn't mean we cant't criticise decision making in the final 3rd.

Its the same argument as we beat Fulham 4-1 and we are only X points off the playoffs when they point out that our form has dropped off massively and we aren't playing particularly well.

larry_david

Allen for Bidwell
Tavares for COH
Anyone for anyone the most knackered

We’ll be dead on our feet next few games and we aren’t even using all the subs
Same happened last season when we had 5 subs. I'll never forget being 3 up against a team and MR not making a single sub then moaning we were tired the next game two days later.

SkyblueTexan

Maatsen needs to score more often. We don’t lose when he scores.

PVA

Would be madness to take a midfielder off for a rookie (presumably lightweight) striker when you’re defending a 1 goal lead.

Exactly.

It's not just about fresh legs. It's about game management.

If we had Waghorn, Kelly, Eccles etc on the bench then yeah make a change

But throwing on Tavares for his debut in a situation like that would be nuts. Hence why it didn't happen.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As I said above, there were no other viable subs left.
Fadz on for Hyam who was on a yellow.
Jones for Hamer, who'll be suspended for two games, and move Allen next to Sheaf.

Even if you put Tavares on and tell him to hassle and run after defenders it stops players who are playing two games a week from getting even more knackered. this failure nearly bit us on the arse today and I have a feeling in will do in the next few weeks.

It's not like the players on the bench have just been pulled out of the crowd to fill the bench. They are paid to be professional footballers and against ten men we should be able to work that to our advantage.

andrew.roberts

We'll take the three points all day long but I think our game management was poor when they went down to ten men. Instead of playing steady possession football we gave the ball away far too easily.

Enviado desde mi SM-A202F mediante Tapatalk

skyblu3sk

Hamer broke up play a lot in the last few minutes. Taking him off would have been daft. Thought we finally got some luck today when playing crap. Normally we play really well and get no luck 🤣 sending off was well deserved though.

clint van damme

Their pitch invasion will go down in history as the worse ever, genuinely embarrassed for them.
Hundreds ran half way fown the stand then bottled it and left about 20 to go on, was pissing myself.

Brighton Sky Blue

Exactly.

It's not just about fresh legs. It's about game management.

If we had Waghorn, Kelly, Eccles etc on the bench then yeah make a change

But throwing on Tavares for his debut in a situation like that would be nuts. Hence why it didn't happen.

Even for Gyo who played 2 hours last Saturday, 90 minutes Tuesday and was knackered today?

clint van damme

We'll take the three points all day long but I think our game management was poor when they went down to ten men. Instead of playing steady possession football we gave the ball away far too easily.

Enviado desde mi SM-A202F mediante Tapatalk

Surely game management means seeing out a tricky game to get the points, which we did?

stay_up_skyblues

Robins may as well not bother naming a bench at all then. He'll be moaning on Tuesday about tiredness, but its his decision to to manage minutes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I’m sure he prioritised the points on the day over possible fatigue on Tuesday. I imagine there will be a few changes to the starting line up injuries permitting Tuesday and over the next few weeks.

Sky Blue Harry H

Poor performance but it’s the three points which count, need to get another win on Tuesday to put us right in the mix.

Cardiff will be a much harder ask. No Hamer, so interesting to see how he shakes things up. If we win one of our next two, I'll be happy. Any more than 3 points from the next 2 and i'll be ecstatic.

clint van damme

I’m sure he prioritised the points on the day over possible fatigue on Tuesday. I imagine there will be a few changes to the starting line up injuries permitting Tuesday and over the next few weeks.

I don't think he's got too many options which is why we needed bodies in in Jan.
It's water under the bridge now though, just got to get on with it

Sky Blue Harry H

Yep. Never seen Tavares play but that’s surely a given. Every ball up to Tavares could well come back….. clinging onto a lead away from home is not the time 🤣

Thought Gyo led the line brilliantly today. Really good at protecting the ball, knowing he is going to take a whack.

Users who are viewing this thread