Reda not at training today (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSid

Probably off with a touch of sunburn. At least if he's out of contract since yesterday he shouldn't need a note from his mum.

chiefdave

If he signed for another season wasn't the plan to not have him train as much? Could be connected, could be he's not coming back or could be he's decided to stay at home until a decision is made one way or the other.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Hardly looks like anyone could be arsed to turn up, there's about 12 players there from what I can see from the videos posted. I've seen more numbers at training for a Sunday league side in the rain on a Tuesday night!

skybluebeduff

Hardly looks like anyone could be arsed to turn up, there's about 12 players there from what I can see from the videos posted. I've seen more numbers at training for a Sunday league side in the rain on a Tuesday night!

Top 6 finish, players think we're pushing for promotion, lets not be negative... :whistle:

Terry Gibson's perm

Thats about the lot we have

Terry Gibson's perm

If he signed for another season wasn't the plan to not have him train as much? Could be connected, could be he's not coming back or could be he's decided to stay at home until a decision is made one way or the other.

I would have thought that even if he is cutting his training down he would be there on the first day and I am sure even with his training cut down he would go in on the bike, I have a sneaky feeling we may see him rock up at Wigan.

chiefdave

From Kieran Crowley on twitter "Webster is training with CCFC for pre-season fitness, nothing else"

no_loyalty

Reda's probably weighing up his offers to play in the Chinese or American league

Grendel

Think he played most games for us last season like a training jog too.

Was Webster really that bad? He seemed a dedicated professional and certainly didn't hide on the treatment table when it suited.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Was Webster really that bad? He seemed a dedicated professional and certainly didn't hide on the treatment table when it suited.

Don't personally think he was as bad last season, the year before that mind he must have cost us 15 points on his own!

chiefdave

Think part of the problem for Webster was that SP kept going on like he was the greatest defender in the history of the game. Was counter productive and just put peoples backs up.

shy_tall_knight

He was awful in both seasons, Notts County at home basic error gifted them the win - misjudged the flight wasn't outdone by a great piece of skill. Why has he not got a club ? Terrible player and will be getting slower

duffer

Reda's wee is definitely going to be the wrong colour today, I reckon. Perhaps that's why he's stayed away.

A bit worrying that two of the main targets that TM has outlined don't appear to be staying - but it's early days yet, and neither Reda nor the German were universally acclaimed in fairness. Be nice to sign someone though...

Last edited:

tom88

I think most people are getting worried because of the pre season we had when we signed 3 players. Dunn, Murphy & McDonald

Grendel

He was awful in both seasons, Notts County at home basic error gifted them the win - misjudged the flight wasn't outdone by a great piece of skill. Why has he not got a club ? Terrible player and will be getting slower

Ah he made a mistake against Notts County - fair enough.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I thought that the main problem with Webster was that our defence always seemed to play very deep when he was in the team - I always assumed to cover his lack of pace.

Under Pressley that just increased the empty space that already existed between our forwards and the rest of the team, leaving us looking very disjointed.

Never had any problem with his attitude though.

shy_tall_knight

TM dropped him, we trust TM's judgement, we improved after he was dropped, we improved despite having Aaron Martin in the team, who is also a very poor player. Aging slow centre halfs who are not particularly good in the air and uncomfortable with the ball at their feet aren't in big demand - hence where he is currently.

Sky Blue Kid

Mr Crowley singing his praises on the Sky Blue Wall about the team keeping 4 clean sheets with him in defence....pity he forgot the 2 consecutive games where we had 6 goals shoved up us, and Webster was at fault for 4 of them. Sort of cancels out the 4 clean sheets wouldn't you say?

Grendel

TM dropped him, we trust TM's judgement, we improved after he was dropped, we improved despite having Aaron Martin in the team, who is also a very poor player. Aging slow centre halfs who are not particularly good in the air and uncomfortable with the ball at their feet aren't in big demand - hence where he is currently.

Weird that. Doesn't apply when most compare Stokes to Haynes does it? The fact his judgement is a non league reserve as ccfc way would comment is better than a Player who apparently was being watched by Premier League teams - well. Anyway I'm not even saying Webster was great. He was committed though, gave his all, at at the level signed at a lot better than some of the crap we've seen at centre half over the years.

woody11462

Reda's wee is definitely going to be the wrong colour today, I reckon. Perhaps that's why he's stayed away.

A bit worrying that two of the main targets that TM has outlined don't appear to be staying - but it's early days yet, and neither Reda nor the German were universally acclaimed in fairness. Be nice to sign someone though...

I always think that if the manager releases at article about wanting a player to sign a new contract for the club it may be because it is a player that is undecided. So they use the press release as a way of trying to convince the player that the manager really wants them to stay on at the club. Doesn't always work of course but doesn't cost them any money, local journalists are always looking for little stories that they can run. There was very little mention of Tudgay, Stokes and Lawton and that might be because Mowbray felt that when he spoke to them, they gave a clear indication that they wanted to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread