Retained List (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Indeed.

He's crap, so let's expect more from him at a higher level than last year.

Hmmmm...

Why does it bother you so much?

higgs

Will beavon get a chance in league one with us or are his days with the club pretty much over? Would have JP on the bench before beavon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

Will beavon get a chance in league one with us or are his days with the club pretty much over? Would have JP on the bench before beavon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’d be amazed if we see beavon in the first team again. I imagine he will have his contract bought out.
I thought he was good for a while.

Otis

Why does it bother you so much?
Just want to see fairness.

I've not been involved in the bet. I don't believe Biamou will score 10 this coming season, but that doesn't prove he's crap if he doesn't, or won't be a vital cog in the wheel of our fortunes.

I just think you made your bed on Biamou and now there is no wriggle room left and so you have made an untenable bet.

If he didn't score 10 in League Two, how is he going to score more than 10 in the league above and especially so with him being the worst striker we've ever had?

Otis

I’d be amazed if we see beavon in the first team again. I imagine he will have his contract bought out.
I thought he was good for a while.
Me too. The bloke has some skill about him and is a good reader of the game, but it was clear he didn't fit in with our pattern of play and we ended up with playing him wide right for the most part.

Terry_dactyl

Me too. The bloke has some skill about him and is a good reader of the game, but it was clear he didn't fit in with our pattern of play and we ended up with playing him wide right for the most part.
He was clearly part of Robins’ plans at the start of the year. Strange how a season unfolds. We certainly evolved due to circumstances ie injuries, form, the need for points etc.
I do think decent managers tweak playing styles as they’re going along. As has been mentioned by someone else, we absolutely ‘went for it’ in the final quarter (or thereabouts) of the season. I suppose this was born out of necessity.
I remember watching motd and them talking about how, when winning the title in his second stint at Chelsea, Mourinho doing the reverse of this.

capel & collindridge

Wrong about what? I still maintain that we need a better centre forward than Max Biamou, regardless of the fact that he improved over the season.
He’s not going to some how transform into the next Harry Kane, he’s just not good enough.
5 league goals in 40 appearances speaks for itself.

Comparing any player to Harry Kane is not a fair comparison. Kane's is an exceptional talent. Yet Kane scored only 12 goals in his first 40 league appearances. The obvious conclusion is that Kane is the better player. Well at least that settles that! And what a surprise!

But it doesn't rule out the possibility that Max still has the potential to perform well in league one even though he has zero chances of ever captaining England (winky thing). I hope he does perform well in the coming season. He's already shown some of us he's better than we first thought (Grendel excepted of course).

SlowerThanPlatt

DKE has gone to Nuneaton

And ex U23 coach Nicky Eaden is their new manager. The previous manager Gary Charles said he only found out he had been sacked when he checked Twitter. He was on non contract terms but still doing their best to give CCFC a run in the who can mismanage a club more stakes :D

Users who are viewing this thread