Road Closure A444 After the Match. (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Absolute dream walking back to Christ the King and only added 5 mins getting onto the M6 from there. Would be happy for this to be permanent.
Bit odd that they suddenly decided to let cars drive up Winding House Lane when it was closed and loads of people were walking on the road. Saw more near misses than I have in years of going to the CBS.

They need to change the light phasing when they have roads closed. They're holding traffic on reds when its green for a road that's closed.

skybluecam

On the above, why the determination to get everyone out as quickly as possible? Why close the bars after half time? I remember Brighton away a few years back we saw the train queues and just stopped in the stadium for another drink after.
Is there some law against serving alcohol after HT? Otherwise I’m not sure why clubs don’t keep a bar open. Surely they’d make enough sales to make it worth it, I know there’s plenty of times I would’ve stopped for an easy beer at the stadium.

MalcSB

Bit odd that they suddenly decided to let cars drive up Winding House Lane when it was closed and loads of people were walking on the road. Saw more near misses than I have in years of going to the CBS.

They need to change the light phasing when they have roads closed. They're holding traffic on reds when its green for a road that's closed.
That will be far too difficult for them.

wingy

How will cyclists get up closed roads? Oh, I know. They will ride on the pavement and mow down pedestrians.
On the pavement, take many of the alternatives, don't have to wait for anyone or anything pertaining to the regulations.

shmmeee

what? Ride up closed roads? Don’t the rules apply to cyclists?
silly me, of course they don’t. Speed limit’s especially, Or red lights.

Yes. Unless specifically closed to pedestrians and cyclists cyclists are allowed to ride down closed roads.

letsallsingtogether

They used to have an engineer at the box at the top of Bedlam lane on a match day, he used to switch the lights manually to help traffic flow.

Mcbean

Disasterous move for those stuck in the car park and any motorcyclists who don’t cause traffic jams

Suffolkskyblue

Was dreading this, but in the end wasn’t so bad. The road opened up about 2230 (if you ignored the road closed signs) by the time I’d got back to the car was only delayed 15 mins. Home just after midnight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying Fokker

Malc, just wondering? Weighing things up post chaos…Did it make a big difference? Or did you change routines to reduce the impact?

Mcbean

We will have a long time to wait, but will they do this for Saturday afternoon matches?
i hope not ! one effect was that there were cars parked right up the Foleshill on the pavement making it more dangerous for pedestrians

MalcSB

Malc, just wondering? Weighing things up post chaos…Did it make a big difference? Or did you change routines to reduce the impact?
I left early so didn’t see peak chaos. By the sounds of it some people didn't get out of Car Park A until 10:40 which would have meant I wouldn’t have got home till near midnight if I used that car park. Getting out of C wasn’t too bad having left the ground early. Others have reported traffic chaos around Longford which I missed - because I left the ground early. I did see multiple pedestrians crossing in front of traffic when they shouldn’t have - and this is the real cause of the safety issue (if that is what it is). As I have said elsewhere, it will be interesting to see if the road is closed on a Saturday afternoon when more people other than us football supporting plebs would be affected.

So it didn’t affect me too badly - if you ignore the fact that I missed 10 minutes of a match I had paid for. Have I mentioned that I left the ground early. I also got there earlier, so routine was changed.

Sometimes for me there are matters of principle. Would people have purchased season tickets for Car Park A if they had known they would be held back after matches? Why should one group of people be inconvenienced because of another groups indiscipline?

Its probably an age thing.

MalcSB

i hope not ! one effect was that there were cars parked right up the Foleshill on the pavement making it more dangerous for pedestrians
Logically they should do this on a Saturday when there is even more traffic on the A444 northbound. Or else there is no justifiable reason for doing it for night matches.

pusbccfc

I left early so didn’t see peak chaos. By the sounds of it some people didn't get out of Car Park A until 10:40 which would have meant I wouldn’t have got home till near midnight if I used that car park. Getting out of C wasn’t too bad having left the ground early. Others have reported traffic chaos around Longford which I missed - because I left the ground early. I did see multiple pedestrians crossing in front of traffic when they shouldn’t have - and this is the real cause of the safety issue (if that is what it is). As I have said elsewhere, it will be interesting to see if the road is closed on a Saturday afternoon when more people other than us football supporting plebs would be affected.

So it didn’t affect me too badly - if you ignore the fact that I missed 10 minutes of a match I had paid for. Have I mentioned that I left the ground early. I also got there earlier, so routine was changed.

Sometimes for me there are matters of principle. Would people have purchased season tickets for Car Park A if they had known they would be held back after matches? Why should one group of people be inconvenienced because of another groups indiscipline?

Its probably an age thing.

Most left early. The ground was half empty by the final whistle.

MalcSB

Most left early. The ground was half empty by the final whistle.
I did think there seemed to be a lot of people leaving early. Is that what they want to encourage? Will it be yet another reason for people not to renew their season tickets?

pusbccfc

I did think there seemed to be a lot of people leaving early. Is that what they want to encourage? Will it be yet another reason for people not to renew their season tickets?

Not at all, ideally people wouldn't leave early. I left on full time and was one of the last out. I didn't get away from Dhillon's estate till about 10:30.

Most will leave early if they close the roads again.

Users who are viewing this thread